MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (SCOIA'TAEL)

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (SCOIA'TAEL)

As Midwinter draws near, the factions in GWENT rally new allies. More than 100 cards — units, spells, heroes and leaders — will soon be joining the fray. Learn their abilities, strengths and weaknesses, and prepare for battle as we unleash the biggest update in GWENT’s history.

You can view the Scoia'tael cards here.

Which of them would you like to fight beside and which are you afraid to meet on the battlefield?

Last edited by a moderator:
Milaen
Deal 4 Damage to the Units at the end of a row.

Judging by the art it looks like an ambush card. So why should anyone choose Morenn over this even if it's not an ambush card? (unless Morenn is reworked).

edit: If it's a miswording and actually wanted to imply "at the end of all rows" then maaaaybe it's OK.(assumption originated from plural word "Units")

Milaen

So let's say I have 6 Chorts on my row, and that row ends with a Chort. Will Milaen damage all of them by 4? If so, that's brutal.

even if its a ambush it does not deny much in terms of preventing a deploy ability i think the card overall looks weak maybe the same with other new ST card that spawns a copy of itself

she make 4 Damage on Both Units in the End of the Row.... so she make 4+4 Damage..... the first Unit and the last Unit in the Row. So i understand it. Not rly strong for a Silver Card. You need 2 Units in the Row and you have not rly good control of it. and it suckz, when 1 or 2 Units have Armor :)

Sacklaus;n9912281 said:
she make 4 Damage on Both Units in the End of the Row.... so she make 4+4 Damage..... the first Unit and the last Unit in the Row.

aaah ok now it makes sense. actually 13 point control tempo is actually good for a silver. not bad not bad at all..

Sacklaus;n9912281 said:
she make 4 Damage on Both Units in the End of the Row.... so she make 4+4 Damage..... the first Unit and the last Unit in the Row. So i understand it. Not rly strong for a Silver Card. You need 2 Units in the Row and you have not rly good control of it. and it suckz, when 1 or 2 Units have Armor :)

Nope. Only to the left or right.
​​​​​​
I think Milaen just like silver Mahakam Pyrotechnitian (do damage to all 3 rows) with less RNG. I think even Braenn much much better than her. Still that depends on situation.

Last edited:
they need to add some really good cards to ST and improve existing ones. all three leaders have low win rates and the new geralt card hits 2 of the archetypes really hard spell in particular.

Another thing: So Half-Elf means we'll get some secret Saesenthessis buff? She was effective in only one way before but now with Half-Elf you can increase elf/dwarf numbers to gain maximum out of her and make huge swings (Assuming she stays the same or gets better)

GwentAcademy;n9913291 said:
and does it spawn a base copy or a boosted copy?

An excellent question.

Also that Half-elf Hunter art reminds me of something, but I can't remember what.

Milaen's effect seems like something that's best utilized with movement. Could lead to some cool strategies!

RidiculousName;n9913611 said:
An excellent question.

Also that Half-elf Hunter art reminds me of something, but I can't remember what.

Milaen's effect seems like something that's best utilized with movement. Could lead to some cool strategies!

Serritt and Auckes maybe...the hood and the rest. By the way, the Half-elf could be sinergic with Aelirenn, Toruviel and Vrihedd Vanguard, apart from Saenthesiss of course

RidiculousName;n9913611 said:

Witcher 2 Scoia'Tael in Vergen (some you meet 'accidently' on the mountain), or Salamandra goons I bet.

GwentAcademy;n9913291 said:
Is half elf a 3 or a 6 like in the stream? and does it spawn a base copy or a boosted copy? XD

Both are 6 strength.

According to the description it's supposed to be a base copy, so it seems like it will not include any buffs.

altaybek;n9912081 said:
Milaen

Judging by the art it looks like an ambush card. So why should anyone choose Morenn over this even if it's not an ambush card? (unless Morenn is reworked).

edit: If it's a miswording and actually wanted to imply "at the end of all rows" then maaaaybe it's OK.(assumption originated from plural word "Units")

First of all it doesn't state she is an ambush card, that would be part of her tags (Unit,Elf).
Secondly Morenn is not only a 5 point damage card. Those 5 points are meant to deny a units ability; For example Ceallach, a Wild Hunt Navigator, a Priestess of Freya, Wooldand Spirit or Cahir.

Top Bottom