MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (SKELLIGE)

+
4 minimum. Harpooner,longship,light ship and this new one that damages 4*1. Already a decent pool of cards.

New potions have the "Item" Tag. Which suggest that Heymaey protector will be able to tutor ale....
if this logic affects old alchemy cards.

Last edited:
Harpooner is a Machine as well? Well, what can I say... I really don't play SK. :p

There won't be any more Bronze SK units among the Midwinter patch cards, unless the Card Reveals page has a trick up its sleeve. The cards are listed in growing order of STR and quality, meaning the first as of yet unknown SK cards should be Bronze specials.

RidiculousName;n9990191 said:
There won't be any more Bronze SK units among the Midwinter patch cards, unless the Card Reveals page has a trick up its sleeve. The cards are listed in growing order of STR and quality, meaning the first as of yet unknown SK cards should be Bronze specials.

Not necessarily because the reveal page doesn't always have the proper order of cards (if it did have a proper order, NG would get 5 golds which from what I heard is not going to be the case).

We'll see. But even with no other Machine, there are enough strong targets.

I think Yoana should add a bit of armor, just like the Armorsmiths. Otherwise I'm really liking the new cards. Real excited for the new gold cards.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Will Hym be able to fetch other Gold Cursed Units? If so, it will be amazing.

Also, never would have expected NR to also get a Cursed archetype out of nothing, will definitely try out both and check which one is better.

Im gonna be the first one to ask the question everyone should be asking, why is there no new leader for SK? :wat:

Shuls02;n10018041 said:
Im gonna be the first one to ask the question everyone should be asking, why is there no new leader for SK? :wat:

They said in the beginning, there are a couple of cards they don't want to reveal. The new SK leader must be one of them ( or the only one ).

bilbo.baggins;n10018191 said:
They said in the beginning, there are a couple of cards they don't want to reveal. The new SK leader must be one of them ( or the only one ).

I watched the stream and from what I understood that was because they didnt have much time, I rather hear from the devs if it is the case that they are still working on a new SK leader or if they wont make one.

Shuls02;n10018211 said:
I watched the stream and from what I understood that was because they didnt have much time, I rather hear from the devs if it is the case that they are still working on a new SK leader or if they wont make one.

Then i suggest you watch the stream again, more carefully this time ( you can actually spot the new SK leader at some point )

bilbo.baggins;n10018351 said:
Then i suggest you watch the stream again, more carefully this time ( you can actually spot the new SK leader at some point )

They never hovered over it, and why reveal every other leader except SK? wouldnt it be better if they waited till all leaders were ready to reveal them?

A card that returns units to deck, but only for Bronzes? Well, SK do have two Silver resurrects, so that compensates for it I suppose.

I wonder if Clan Marauders become a new favourite Bran target, or whether SK players will play them as 11-point swings and then resurrect.

Has all the cards been reviled and is skeli the only faction without a new leader or am I missing something ?

Raunbjorn

Shuls02;n10018041 said:

It's just gonna be the same boring one as the other leaders. My guess is that it's gonna be able to spawn something ;)

Beasts are mostly included in MO (2 SK, 2 Neutral, 8 MO) and the number of synergies is pretty low. And Soldiers are already spawned by the Ornamental Sword.
What else is still there to be spawned? Alchemy and Items are spawned by Ciaran. Organic by Whispering Hillock, Cursed by Adda.

From his image he is standing in a shipwreck and looking quite mad. So cursed as well as machines would be obivous choices.

The Witcher Wiki views the picture of the leader on Eist Tuirseach pages. Also he was supposed to feature as a leader already in Witcher 3 Gwent. Besides him being the obvious choice I think he really is the leader.
Being the king of Cintra, spawning a Cintra unit might be fitting, but even including all golds being assosiated to it, that might be only Pavetta, Ermion, all Ciris, Rainfarn and maybe a certain other card. So it doesn't seem likely.
Another thing that might indeed work, is that his dead body was retrieved by Skelliges from the battlefield. So he might spawn a card from either graveyard. That would definetly be fitting for the faction.

RidiculousName;n9913581 said:
Derran instantly reminded me of the old Axemen, but since he's a silver it's most likely going to be fine especially with other new cards like Mandrake.
Ah, the good old times when you had bears, axemen and ton of weather cards.

Top Bottom