Midwinter Update is now available!

+
Maybe its allready mentioned i am not sure the search of the forum did not show it for me. But the new ciri card. I dont get it. the decription is if you have exactly 2 copies of a bronze card in your starter deck then it goes to 25. What does starter deck mean? is it the deck I play with in other words the deck i created because if i created it then its not a starter deck i assume starter decks where the allready set up deck. Or is it the 10 cards you get in the first round meaning the cards you start playing with? If its the deck you play with then why name it starter deck why not just name it your deck. right? So am i to assume correctly that i have to set it the my first cards for round one all need to have 2 cards of the same bronze cards or do i need to make a deck in wich i only have 2 cards of each bronze card i have in it? And btw am i the only one who thinks this cards description is some confusing?

marcelgroot

Starting deck means the initial deck you play with. So, to enable Ciri: Nova, you'll need to put 2 copies of every bronze in your deck. That either means you run a 25 card deck with 5 silver cards or a 26 card deck.

You don't need 2 copies of EVERY Bronze card.............just 2 copies of the Bronze cards you put in your deck.

No Title

GenLiu;n10117322 said:
Eeeer not to me at the very least, I had to craft it...

I didn t receive the queen either, wasted 800crap to craft her. So some people received her some not? Except if you mean you can win her from challenges, instead of Unseen Elder in which case it is bugged, cause people who have already done the challenge and got the elder before the update could not get the queen even if they did the challenge again. If that s the case please reward everyone that completed the challenge before the patch 800 scraps. I was about to buy the starter pack to support you guys, but i m not gonna pay for half the scraps i lost, while other people got refunded.

Oh and speaking of bugs please fix this bugged quest of mine. Even though i completed it, it is still counting. I would normally post it in the tech forum but wasn t allowed to create new topic, having less than 10 total posts

Attachments

• photo188782.jpg
    photo188782.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 62
Paris155;n10130662 said:
Oh and speaking of bugs please fix this bugged quest of mine. Even though i completed it, it is still counting.

Have you closed and re-launched the game? That always gets rid of completed quests for me.

RidiculousName;n10130702 said:
Have you closed and re-launched the game? That always gets rid of completed quests for me.

Oh yeah you are right lol :D
I was going back and forth in the game and instead of closing it i was minimizing it damn. Thanks man problem solved though i m not sure if the quest reward was added :)
Btw it s +1 quest per day as long as it is not full right?

Why is it that Letho: Kingslayer will NOT destroy the Arachas Queen but a Scorch card will?

And what's up with the FORFEIT option? Most of the time if you or the opponent forfeits, you don't get any rewards for a round won and NO experience points.

gr8horned1;n10133332 said:
Why is it that Letho: Kingslayer will NOT destroy the Arachas Queen but a Scorch card will?

Arachas Queen cannot be targeted due to having the Immune tag, but can be affected by AoE effects such as Scorch.

About the forfeit issue, it's probably related to this.

RidiculousName;n10130772 said:

Oh perfect, thanks a lot for your help. Yeah its cool it is 1 quest per day for now. 3 quests per day would be cool too but only if we had the choice to mulligan at least one of them :)

Before Midwinter patch

GWENT
The Witcher Card Game

--------------------------------------
After Midwinter patch

GWENT STONE
The Create & Spawn Card Game

Nice joke CDPR

Last edited:
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hi CDPR and everyone, [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Here are my my 2 cents on the midwinter patch. I have a decent card player experience since the 90's (started with MTG) and (I believe) some understanding of the mechanics and gameplay of a card game.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]First of all, I stopped playing the game 2-3 weeks after the midwinter patch but I've had a LOT of fun with it before building decks (like much more than with any HS expansions, that's for sure). And I believe the potentiel is stil there.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Big problems:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- Interaction. The "Duel" mechanic is an acknowledgment of the problem but it's... poorly designed. To add interations between cards and players (tough but much needed thing), I think the right direction should be movement: horizontally and vertically. There should be more placement mechanics or synergies and more cards should be able to move the opponent units (H/V) to disrupt the opponent game. Units in Gwent have no Attack/Defense stats (unlike in most card games) but we have 3 rows so i'm pretty sure placement/movement is the way. The Trio mechanic was not great (and is not missed) but I think the idea was right.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- Building archetypes and then killing them. Since june, the turnover of archetypes is too unstable IMHO. Ex: why push for a discard (SK) or movement (ST) deck to then completely abandon them only few months later (RIP) ? There should be archetypes turnover, sure, but I feel like you're changing you mind too fast and that some changes got out of hand.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Also the archetypes help build the identity of the faction, some of them them should be mandatory (just kidding, but you get the idea).

- The midwinter patch has buffed a lot the output of some cards, particularly bronze cards but has left in the dust most old ones (not only bronze, but silver and golden too). Some were well designed and balanced cards that are now completely unplaybale in a competitive game. It's a bad feeling but it is also a way of throwing a lot of your previous effort and brilliant work into the fire...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Problems:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- Balance issues have been covered a lot, but what I don't understand is the nerf on some cards that where not meta breaking at all. Ex: nerfing restore is fine (it was too strong), but nerfing prize-winning cow...? Why ?! Why spend time and energy on that ? Same thing here: nerfing mechanics like deathwish is understandable to limit carryover, ok, but to literally delete shieldmaiden mechanics? Why ?! And to make it THE SAME cards that we have on other factions? I don't get it. Those cards gave depth to deck creation, without being OP so why nerf them ? It reduces the depth of the gameplay and deckbuilding.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- Create should be revisited: it is obviously close to the "discover" mechanic of HS (and I don't like it...) but it doesn't fit well in Gwent IMHO. It's not bad, it sometimes adds depth to the gameplay because you have to evaluate the value or tempo or strategy offered by of each possibility. But I'd rather have something less random, for example something based of the opponent deck, to add more interaction. And what was wrong with Dorregaray btw ? A slight (and balanced) touch of cross-faction isn't bad IMHO. There should be more (balanced) "swiss knife cards" like the old Dorregaray I think.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- Skellige gameplay. Right now it's terrible. ( https://www.gwentdb.com/decks/41000-the-eight-row-do-not-go-gentle-into-the-midwinter )[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ex: why kill the skirmishers and veterans ? They could get too powerfull sometime, it's true, but they also had huge counters (hi, vicovaro medics!). It is also true that the graveyard plays should not get out of control (like in some oldschool MTG) but this is going too far (freya, sigrfrida?!) and it's just killing the gameplay of an entire faction.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Also I don't see the point in new cards like the clan beastmaster (I admit it, I hate this card, really). Play it, restore it. Wow.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Details:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- Lot of room for improvement for Leaders: right now they are just golden cards... but the gameplay could be deeper, with abilities used several times a game (yeah, I'm looking towards someting like HS heroes or MTG planeswalkers). I don't think it should be a priority right now, but it's a path I'm sure you've already thought of for future expansions.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- And last but not least : the sound. The sound design of the patch is terrible... I've made Counter Strike (1.3, yeah I'm a relic) packs in the past (donkeypack, yeeha!!) and a lot of people liked it "without knowing why"... But I knew: I replaced the sounds of the game with my much "heavier" ones. It might look like a detail but it's really not.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Now since midwinter patch, when we do damage to a unit (hi, Impera Enforcers), it sounds like a b... slap in the face, what the hell?! :D ( [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]https://i.imgur.com/dCiecs4.gif )[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The previous sound was fine, why change it to something like that ?! There are guys in CDPR that actually think it now sounds BETTER ?![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Same thing with the game loading sound... I loved "the roar of the chains and the cracking of timbers" sound. Now we have... nothing. :/[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]​​​​​​​There's a lot of other things I'd like to write about but I realize probably no one will read my post entirely... :D [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Oh well, I wanted to try to help in some way.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cheers.[/FONT]

Top Bottom