Midwinter Update is now available!

+
Coral is missing bronze or silver in description.
Donar is missing bronze in discription.
(I don't know where support tickets is supposed to be written)

x1Cygnus;n10050811 said:
Ah, OK so I can bin that Wyvern Shield for full amount of scraps it would take to craft Quen card? Is that right?

That is correct.

LePiestrounne;n10050961 said:
Coral is missing bronze or silver in description.
Donar is missing bronze in discription.
(I don't know where support tickets is supposed to be written)

Some tooltips still need to be updated. Regardless, you could still contact support and report your findings.

Have to say, update is not that bad as people say.
New "Create" mechanics adds various playstyle, not RNG.
Gwent now is more flexible.
random gwent was when you had key-card on bottom of deck, and that led to lose.

blotunga;n10049701 said:
Stupid me, I've crafted the Usurper, thinking that you can choose from any of the Nilfgaard leaders, but instead you can choose from 3 leaders, which can be from any faction which kind of breaks the synergies.

Yeah, last night i saw 5 of the new leaders being played, except the Usurper. I guess most people were a bit confused by the description (like me) and avoided it. However, i got Uma and after using it quite a lot i realized when it says 'Create', you only get a choice from 3 of a much larger pool of options.

Hi!
I'd like to thank all the work devs did in this update, one word: amazing!
I was just going to play the game when I saw the client should be updated. After reading all changes, I gotta give thumbs up to the devs work. So many things changed and added, including the reconnect system, terrifc job.
I haven't analyzed the card changes and the new cards yet. I'll do that right away and will update this comment If needed.
Congrats and many thanks to the staff!

Well, I´m sorry that I must say that, but they totally ruinded my favourite card game... New cards are awesome, that´s true, but I really hate the new look of whole game...It´s too complicated for me...and another bullshit is, that they changed the old cards...my decks are totally useless now... And that totally pissed me... :-/ I must reconsider, if I will play it... :(

Are doomed units supposed to get banished when they are discarded now or is it a bug? I didn't find such a change in the patch note, but it did happen to my Ciri: Nova...

Vasik25;n10058931 said:
Well, I´m sorry that I must say that, but they totally ruinded my favourite card game... New cards are awesome, that´s true, but I really hate the new look of whole game...It´s too complicated for me...and another bullshit is, that they changed the old cards...my decks are totally useless now... And that totally pissed me... :-/ I must reconsider, if I will play it... :(

This happens to decks every big patch. Give it a few days for the meta to settle, new decks to be posted and you can see how to tweak your deck to be viable again. If you aren't able to make big changes now keep in mind the season ends soon, so you will get your end of season rewards at the end of the month.

But yea me too i don't understand why they change almost all old cards every new big patch. That's sad and prob confuse a lot players

Hi, its me again!
After checking all card changes in update notes, I found several inconsistencies between the notes and card descriptions. here's the list:

- Pavetta's change is listed under "Monsters" faction instead of "Nothern Realms";
- "Nekurat now Drains a unit by 5". Its description says that it spawns Moonlight, totally different;
- Aspirant's change is listed under "Monsters" faction instead of "Nothern Realms";
- "Wild Hunt Drakkar's power increased from 7 to 8". Nope, its still 7;
- "Svanrige's power increased from 7 to 8". Nope, its current power is 9;
- "Clan Greatsword's power increased from 7 to 8". Nope, its still 7;
- "Milva's power increased from 9 to 10". Nope, its current power is 6;
- "Ele'yas' power increased from 8 to 9". Nope, its current power is 10;
- "Dwarven Mercenary's power reduced from 7 to 6. Dwarven Mercenary now boosts by 5". Nope, its power is still 7 and boosts an allie by 4;
- "Mahakam Guard now Strengthens an ally by 2". Nope, it boosts an ally by 3;

There was also something strange I found: why Nilfgaard's Combat Engineer has in its description "Crew"? It doesn't make sense since only Nothern Realms' faction has Crewed units.

Also, from update notes, there's a very important thing missing: the list of new cards. You could have added a link to a page with their list;

Cheers,

Last edited:
I'm convinced that there is a team for balancing each faction, and those teams work in isolation from each other. Team NG, for instance, clearly didn't talk to Team SK and identify potential issues that might need reworking. A really simple one, for instance, would have been limiting what a Vicavaro Medic can resurrect to be more in line with the revamped SK mechanics. Nothing quite like having bricked Freya's in hand because they can no longer touch secondary cards in a SK soldiers deck due to VM stealing the juiciest units...

WillDragon;n10060751 said:
...There was also something strange I found: why Nilfgaard's Combat Engineer has in its description "Crew"? It doesn't make sense since only Nothern Realms' faction has Crewed units...

It's like that since the previous patch. We thought a new mechanic is coming for the NG Machines, but here we are.

Evangium;n10061111 said:
I'm convinced that there is a team for balancing each faction, and those teams work in isolation from each other. Team NG, for instance, clearly didn't talk to Team SK and identify potential issues that might need reworking. A really simple one, for instance, would have been limiting what a Vicavaro Medic can resurrect to be more in line with the revamped SK mechanics. Nothing quite like having bricked Freya's in hand because they can no longer touch secondary cards in a SK soldiers deck due to VM stealing the juiciest units...

Vicovaro Medis should have some restrictions. For example Spies should be doomed or he couldn't rez spies but only opponents units. T1 deck and got no single nerf. If they could not rez spies they wouldn't draw whole deck always. Didn't they ner ST long time ago so they could not draw entire deck every time. But NG stays untouched.Seems devs play only NG decks

After testing the update consistently now, here is my opinion about it.

Before I start, my opinion is averall good but there is still some room for improvement and a few things I don't understand.

But let's start form the beggining and give CDPR a big thumb up about the new UI and the visual aspect of the game.
And yes, there is some peoples complaining about it, honestly it doesn't make sense to me. The game is a LOT more playable as it is now, everything is more intuitive, now you see all of your card before mulliganing them, the new visual effects appearing on the battlefield are cooler. It's day and night compared with the previous formula, even though there is a few things that could be changed/fixed but I'll come back to that.

Also, there is a lot of cards that I love, most of the new one are awesome and the high roll ones are not good enough to be an issue (appart maybe for one or two but not to the point of game breaking, at least I don't think so).

Putting the collection and deck builder all tougether is awesome, it's 1OOO times more convinient to make your deck and the averall look of this part is great too. Really good job made by CDPR.

Now, let's jump into the negatives.
First of all, I have no issue with the thumbnails of multi effect spells being now all the same (for example Rally as the same art as Clear sky when you make your choice) but it's a bit confusing because the game present you multiple arts that are exactly the same but with different effects. It may be wiser to just change the way multiple option are displayed to the player (the best example is Auguara, the first time you play her she pops a screen with 4 copies of the same Augura...fairly confusing for someone who's not used to the game).

About the gameplay, when I think some change about the different cards are clever and useful, some others are questionable imo.
Let's take an exemple, Battlemaiden used to deal 2 damage to a wounded unit upon appearing on the board and call a friend, they can't anymore....why? Honestly this unit was nowhere mear OP and was one of the most important tools for Harald. And just when Harald was about to be playable too (I'm nt saying he's not going too but I just don't understand this change at all).

The opposite applies for units like Nekker warriors, for example, why buffing them? The consume deck was already one of the strongest in the meta yet you throw a few buffs at them. I don't exactly understand the reasoning behind that.

Finally, there is a few bugs and some textboxes are not accurate. For example Siegerdrifa doesn't resurrect young berserkers, why? Is Svlalbold not a clan?
Spotters refused to trigger their ability (at all, mine just came into play as a vanilla 4, giving me no choice when I had one unit revealed in my hand and my opponent had 5...).
Second and third Alba pikeman don't trigger standard bearer ability. Considering the wording in this patch, they should (bearer boost a unit when a unit is PLAYED, Alba pikeman's ability is "summon all copies of this unit" and when you higlight the word "summon" the game replies "PLAY automatically from the deck").
Either it's a bug or the textbox of the bearer should be changed to "played from your hand" like before.

Last edited:
Anyway, anyone could confirm that doomed units are meant to be banished after being discarded? (or that it happens to other people and other units as well)

masterring;n10061921 said:
Vicovaro Medis should have some restrictions. For example Spies should be doomed or he couldn't rez spies but only opponents units. T1 deck and got no single nerf. If they could not rez spies they wouldn't draw whole deck always. Didn't they ner ST long time ago so they could not draw entire deck every time. But NG stays untouched.Seems devs play only NG decks

Yes they did - Sigrdrifa and Restore used to resurrect everything a few patches ago. What irks me most about the whol NG/SK graveyard thng is how they seem to have swung way too far to the other side of the scale trying to stop combos like restore onto discarded priestess+ rez massive skirmisher or restore Gremist + roar onto priestess. Sure that is no longer a thing and newbies can breath a little easier in R3 now. Of course everything else that can interact with a graveyard still has free choice of targets.

Which is exactly the problem a lot of old SK players said would happen whenever the discussion of reworking SK's graveyard interaction came up - grave hate just gets stronger, since other non-SK unit's graveyard interaction isn't keyed toward their factions win conditions. Vicovaro Medics, for example, have their ability to recover bronze spies. In most cases, this ability gets used to pull the most useful bronze from the graveyard. That just doesn't really sit well with the way resurrection works in general. The ST and NR rez units are all limited to certain units.

Like you say, VM's need restrictions or spies need to be doomed. Personally, I have no problem with bronze spies being recoverable. The other approach if CDPR are really happy with old units keeping their rez all ability, is to buff priestesses. Maybe give them a choice ability - rez a unit or play an item from your deck.

GenLiu;n10062841 said:
... First of all, I have no issue with the thumbnails of multi effect spells being now all the same...

Oh... the Ointment in NG is killing me every time. I know left is always Healing and right is Resurrecting, but my god, it's so confusing. Least they could do is to flip the images.

Top Bottom