GWENT and Steam?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodach;n8420870 said:
Technically, you can add non steam games to your steam library so...

And it works perfectly well for Gwent. I can play it on my TV using Steam Link + Controller, and it works like a champ (although I haven't checked duelling friends, that might be problematic due to GOG overlay).

Gwent on steam ?

I'm just wondering if Gwent will be on STEAM or not ?

If yes , what about my account in GOG ? am i be able to transfer all my things from GOG to STEAM or not ?

How about the game without GOG or steam ?
Once I have it installed, can I get rid of GOG Galaxy?
Seems pointless to have separate launcher just for this one game, as I have no interest in getting any other game on gog.

I cant imagine them doing a steam release without cross compatability. They might just link account to their own servers to all collections to be transferable between platforms, similar to how HS is usuable between mobile and pc. Otherwise, i prefer steam, but wouldnt bother cause i wouldnt want to start over...

Then again, if what is said is true about CDPR wanting to promote gog, then that might be a good idea. It would keep its base at gog for the reason stated above, and grow there, while also gaining access to the wider player base of steam.

However, that could back fire, as im sure the steam gwent community would outnumber the gog, which might cause issues with the loyal gog-ers and could potentially loose dedicated customers and more importantly fans...

So many hard decisions for the devs, i do not envy them this choice. I am new to CDPR, but they are a fantastic company so far and im proud to support them, and am confident they will make the best decision for the health of their game and happiness of their fans

Why there's so many ppl worriying about that? I understand that if Gwent go to Steam they could have more players, but where's the difference between playing iton gog or Steam?

I would not recommend doing this move.Its better to keep it on gog.Look at hearthstone , diablo and overwatch.Those games are huge by any margin and they can only be accessed by having a blizzard account.Make gwent a good game and people will come to you regardless of what platform you use.Its best on long term in making gog more popular.

Blizzard also has historically never had any presence on Steam, Battle.net itself has long had a huge install base before Steam was even really a thing. GoG is not Battle.net and even their single most critically acclaimed game, The Witcher 3, was sold on Steam.

Lots and lots of multiplayer games are sold on Steam even though they could theoretically be sold elsewhere. Being available on Steam would probably give Gwent a leg up on the more established Hearthstone as people would not need to install yet another launcher if they're not already in Battle.net's ecosystem. GoG Galaxy is largely required for Gwent to even work properly - Gwent doesn't seem to run terribly well without a launcher to connect to social media accounts for stuff like inviting other players to matches.

It's largely pointless for us to make a stand about it one way or the other. It's a money thing and none of us have the data to back up our claims other than CDPR themselves. If they think that they've got the big boy pants now and don't want to give a good chunk of their money to Valve, they'll stick with GoG for the PC platform. If they think the potentially wider audience might tap into some people who aren't already dick deep in Hearthstone or some other digital CCG, they'll put out a Steam version which you don't have to use.

BluOFF;n7623040 said:
Will there be any way to transfer data from your gog account to steam account?

It's already clear and been stated, Gwent will have it's own client, so whether you are on GoG or Steam, matters not. Non-issue and not really worth discussing IMO.

TheDyingScotsman;n8591520 said:
It's already clear and been stated, Gwent will have it's own client, so whether you are on GoG or Steam, matters not. Non-issue and not really worth discussing IMO.

There are countless numbers of games on steam which have their own clients. So it's not an argument. And it is clearly worth discussing because steam has such a marketing value compared to gog that it would be silly not to bring gwent on valve platform if it's a worldwide coverage CDPR is looking for.

I am not a steam fan because I think lord Gaben take way to much money from developer just for putting games on steam. ( I believe you pay up to 30% ) but steam is damn big...the player base gonna grow even bigger if Gwent is on steam.

Lantea;n7625720 said:
In my opinion, there is no need to make Gwent available on Steam; other then for the few people who "must have all games only on Steam" the game as it is through GOG Galaxy works perfectly well if you want to launch and interact with it through steam (screenshots, fps counter, etc.) and keeping the game on GOG would help promote gog.com and enable more competition with the dominant Steam platform.

My only advice would be to speed up the development of GOG Galaxy so its more feature complete and there would be no need to link with Steam at all.

The "need" is not to have gazillion clients installed. I don't give a damn about steam, but I have a lot games there.
I don't give a crap about competition or how good or bad this or that client is. I want ONE. Good or bad, I dont care, but only one. Not 300 clients for every single game.
OK, so let us transfer all steam games to gog, how about that?
Point is, we don't want gwent on steam to brag about how big our steam library is, we want it there so that we dont have to have yet another game client installed just to play gwent.
Gog galaxy is practically a 150MB big icon to launch gwent. Nothing more, nothing less.

Or perhaps let us have gwent without gog altogether. Give us standalone installer and let us sign in with gog credentials without being forced to install galaxy.

I mean, are you not getting sick of being forced to have steam, origin, uplay, gog galaxy, battlenet, craphesda launcher, epic games launcher ....

No idea if publishers are idiots or what the real point behind this is, but I personally decided NOT to buy several games just for this reason.
For example, I really wanted to have Dragon Age Inquisition in my library to complete the collection. Whoops, origin exclusive. I dont have any EA games, so this would be the first and last.
Luckily I could get a free copy from Skidrow or Reloaded. At least they don't force me to install yet another crap to run the game.
Same goes for the new quake champions: "wohoo my beta invitation arrived!", "wait, Craphesda launcher?", "meh, I dont want to play the game THAT much"
Publishers forcing me to install this cancer do not deserve my money and I will gladly seed their games 24/7.

Gwent Will Be On Steam, But Crossplay? Same Card Collection?

CDProjektRed has already said that at launch Gwent will be on Steam. But will everyone playing Gwent be able to play each other? And most important if you have it on Steam will your card collection carry over?

I don't know anything about it... but it would seem completely bizarre to me that the distribution method for the game itself would impact your card collection or who you can play... People who buy a video game at Best Buy aren't locked in to only playing against other people who bought it at best buy.

But again, I could easily be wrong, I just can't imagine how that could be the case.

amoshias;n8965810 said:
I don't know anything about it... but it would seem completely bizarre to me that the distribution method for the game itself would impact your card collection or who you can play... People who buy a video game at Best Buy aren't locked in to only playing against other people who bought it at best buy.

But again, I could easily be wrong, I just can't imagine how that could be the case.

I agree, but stranger things have happened. I just want to confirm before I spend too much time on the game. Well I found the FAQ and it says this:

CROSS-PLAY: We can confirm cross-play between Xbox One & PC, and PlayStation 4 & PC. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 cross-play is not possible.

CROSS-BUY: When GWENT launches on Windows 10 as an UWP (Universal Windows Platform) application, the account between UWP and Xbox One will be shared. That means progress and cards are shared between both platforms. Otherwise, every platform is independent and your progress will not be synchronized if you switch platforms.

So I guess they just consider it on PC regardless of Steam or GOG distribution so card collection and progress should carry over on Steam.

About Steam

Hello, i want to ask some questions.

First one about Steam release. Will we see Gwent on Steam after beta finishes? I haven't any problem with GOG but i have so many games on Steam. I prefer playing on the Steam platform because i have so many friends on there, I haven't seen any official explanation about this situation.
Most important question, if it will be Steam release, can we get Open Beta progress?

Second one about Starter Pack. How long is it available? I really love CDPR and want to support game.

Thank you for everything. Witcher titles gave me what i really want. Gwent is making this right now.

Last edited:
I have accumulated money from thousands of Steam cards sold on Steam marketplace like many other players, while my GoG wallet is currently empty.
And I'd like to be able to spend my Steam wallet on GWENT as soon as possible ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom