mike pondsmith appreciation thread.

+
mike pondsmith appreciation thread.

this thread is meant to voice my and hopefully the community appeciation to mike pondsmith, aka maximum mike, aka the dude in the leather jacket.

mike is involved in the game develpoment from the get go. he also the creator of the world and it's lore, and well versed in video game developing, and has stated that this game will be "super cool".

on top of that, he will update the core book of his pnp game to match the changes that cyberpunk 2077 will bring with him. how cool is that?

imagine andrzej sapkowski consulting cdpr for the witcher series, or evan canonized the some of cdpr work into his books. he is definitely not on board. he explained why, but is just him being kinda ignorant about video games in my opinion.

mike is more connected with gaming and plain "nerdiness" vibe, so as much as the witcher series is vastly AWESOME, this game has the potential to suprass even that.

so thank you mike and cd projekt red for working on this game!

:cheers:

Ya def a big thanks to mike for sure. I go on the subreddit forum cyberpunkgame almost everyday and mike is on there constantly, answering questions and always talking about the lore of the cyberpunk 2020 universe to anyone who wants to know. (That is until his recent "radio silence", as he put it) ;) Its not very often you see the creator of a particular game and universe so involved with the fans and community. His involvement is going to make this game INCREDIBLE. Imo this is really a moment in video game history that i think will be remembered for a long time. Because i believe cyberpunk 2077 is going to be a total game changer in the world of rpg video games. I thank mike for everything hes done and also to CD Projekt as well for making all this possible.

In a world where online "service" games are starting to be more and more common its a relief to know there are people out there who still care about classic rpgs. THANK YOU!!

Mike is not involved in the reboot of cb2077. in his own words "they are doing cyberpunk, we are doing the witcher". he and his son are doing a tabletop rpg witcher game.

its a farcry from this 4 years ago:

animalfather;n8774400 said:
Mike is not involved in the reboot of cb2077. in his own words "they are doing cyberpunk, we are doing the witcher". he and his son are doing a tabletop rpg witcher game.

Even though I would love to toss one in, let's not bring crazy theories. Maybe he was involved in pre-production stage, which is now ended and his job was done? Seriously, constant design document rewriting won't get you far, see how Wild Hunt was half-baked and underdeveloped and how lot of it was cut for yourself if you think otherwise.

Besides, after all the required consultation job is done and he moved to another project, Mike's still co-creator of CP2077 anyway.

Last edited:
Animal father what are you talking about?? "Mike is not involved in the reboot" first of all the guy goes to poland constantly and im pretty sure if it wasnt for mike this game wouldnt exist. Op created a thread to say thanks so say thanks n move on. Jeez

I appreciate his awesome PnP game. I'll reserve any other appreciation for whe it is actually due (e.g. CP2077; the game has to be good first).

• RED Point
Reactions: 227

To CDProjektRED for picking up a new IP/project and to Mike for being involved in this to.

Thank you very much..

animalfather;n8774400 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cyberpunk/comments/66hmwe/pinned_down_by_maciej_kuciara/

this is from a subreddit. also here is a very nice quote for you

"The original is still in print and available. Just ask your local game store to bug their distributor. In the meantime, yeah, it's probably no secret that we'll (RTG) do an 2077 update when the time comes.

And yeah, I am that Pondsmith."

he is that cool about it :)

Mike is a cool guy it seems. He is also a smart one.
There is a trend of cross media, where we took one universe and make movie, tv show, novel, game, tabletop, cardgame, boardgame, and forking figures. Did i mention comics books?
If CP77 be a hit, he will take a share for himself. Releasing another edition of cp.
Nothing bad with that.

Pondsmith should make more speeches because he has a great charismatic personality and a unique voice.

I could listen to him talk for hours. Really inspiring man.

Where is the 6 hour long video of Mike Pondsmith talking about his ideals for the cyberpunk genre?

WHERE IS IT? GIVE IT TO ME GODAMM IT!

Lisbeth_Salander;n8821740 said:
Where is the 6 hour long video of Mike Pondsmith talking about his ideals for the cyberpunk genre?

WHERE IS IT? GIVE IT TO ME GODAMM IT!

It's right over there.

metalmaniac21;n8772610 said:
Just a humble question passing by - why not Obsidian Ent. or Troika (before their demise)?

Because unlike the others, Mike Pondsmith is still alive in the gaming industry.

Sardukhar;n8822460 said:
It's right over there.

Don't play games with me Mr. Bateman, no one leaves this office ​until I get that videotape.

Last edited:
Top Bottom