Mike Pondsmith as a voice actor in the game?

+
I think he would fit for something in between mentor and homeless guy claiming to have been an awesome solo. Maybe just an unassuming source of knowledge, philosophy and moral codes, with a past better kept mysterious (maybe he's never even been a solo! Maybe he's just deep!). Something like a shaman, a spiritual leader of a community, but not in a sect or religious kind of way. Someone simple people from the street turn to when they need counseling. And he always talks just a little criptic.

That fits Bartender quite well too...

Oooohhh, what about a vocal UI for the Net? Or what about Dataterminals?

In fairness, if he does get a spot voicing for an in game entity, I will probably spend ages talking to them for the hell of it.

I voted no fast travel but I don't feel that strongly either way. It is a city, I hope a massive one, maybe one of the bigger scenarios out there and sometimes you just want to get to your destination and going there by yourself can get a bit tedious to some players... but still I think that's part of the adventure, part of the story. You want to get there but something happens or you find something interesting along the way. If we could jus fast travel everywhere the menus would take over, it would all be so automated... Maybe you can have some fast travel and maybe make that fast travel something similar to what happened in Fallout's worldmap, instead of "just random encounter", maybe the cab you took has been stopped by the assault of a nomad pack, a gang or a cyberpsycho. Maybe there's been a terrorist bombing along the way and everyone, including your driver is stopping to take a peek and so can you.

Huh... what does what fast travel got to do with Mike as voice actor which is the name of the topic?

But I voted both. I think you should first discover the place but after that you can instantly tarvel there. Of course there should be public transports also, but I wouldn't want them to reach destination instantly.

Last edited:
There appears to be some distortion in the space-time continuum here, and it looks as though the poll is from a different thread.

Gonna remove the poll, as I think it was pretty unanimous anyway, wasn't it? Anyway, the written comments always mean more than the poll.

There appears to be some distortion in the space-time continuum here, and it looks as though the poll is from a different thread.

Gonna remove the poll, as I think it was pretty unanimous anyway, wasn't it? Anyway, the written comments always mean more than the poll.

Sure,remove poll I have no problem with that.

Actually, I'm not sure that I can. I thought there was an option, but nope, none there.

OK, Couldn't delete, but could edit and close.

Aiden - as you started the thread, you may still be able to set the poll up again if you want to (or, if not, PM me if you can remember what the questions were). Was it really just "Yes" and "No"?

Last edited:
Actually, I'm not sure that I can. I thought there was an option, but nope, none there.

Aiden - as you started the thread, you may still be able to set the poll up again if you want to (or, if not, PM me if you can remember what the questions were). Was it really just "Yes" and "No"?

Maybe if we all concentrate hard enough we can grant dragonbird space-time powers to combat this problem. Okay, I'm concentrating... aaaaaaaaaand... I shat.

This convo may be dead, even without the poll i'm confident the majority want Mike in, with a major role (i.e. he gets to exercise that amazing voice a lot), whatever that role may be.

I notice when I resurrected this thread (page 8 or 9) i noted there were negative votes.... were there any more in the end, or did anyone speak up their objection?

I'm not totally sure, as the linked poll was the one on fast travel, but my recollection is that there were two negative votes.

Anyway, I've fed back on the little poll problem - not sure if it's possible to re-link all of the old polls (as it seems to be a forum-wide problem), but I guess it may re-appear if they can do it.

Sorry for late reply,anyways the poll question was(if I'm not mistaken)"Should Mike Pondsmith be in the game as a voice actor"?And yes this was back in the much simpler times(I believe it was called Yesteryear)when all you needed to offer as an option was "Yes" or "No"...I was actually thinking of adding "Maybe" but the general population was still not ready for it ...

OK. Since asking the question, I realised that the problem is a linkage, and every old polled thread in the forum is linking to the same poll, so I think I need to leave it effectively blank.

Anyway, I think that the answer was a resounding "YES"!

OK. Since asking the question, I realised that the problem is a linkage, and every old polled thread in the forum is linking to the same poll, so I think I need to leave it effectively blank.

Anyway, I think that the answer was a resounding "YES"!

I think it would be awesome, but I do not want mike to be taken away from his other duties to do this. I kind of like how shadowrun returns did this, Jordan Weisman created a ghost avatar of himself in a bar that you could talk too to learn about secrets of the game or get stuff. It was pretty neat.

Top Bottom