Mike Pondsmith as a voice actor in the game?

+
If you still want it, I'll translate that part for you. If not.. Oh, I'll do it anyway.

Gamestalker: Mike Pondsmith seemed to have a remarkable impact on the fans due to his distinct voice since his appearance at the Cyberpunk 2077 announcement last may. Have you thought about letting him do some voice-over work for the game, perhaps for the intro?

Łukasz Szczepankowski: The Barry White'esque voice Mike has attracts some considerable attention. Obviously we will try to give him a cameo in the game. That is also the express wish of the development team.

Hope you found my translation useful. :)

much appreciated friend :)
that is really cool!

and those 2 blasphemies who voted no, exile!

and those 2 blasphemies who voted no, exile!
I, for one, voted for both options since it was a multiple choice poll. I think the other naysayer did the same. Seriously, why would one make a multiple choice poll for this?

On the topic: Mike should have a super-cool Easter Egg character in the game, one you probably won't even be able to interact with. Probably modelled after him, too. Imagine a copy of Mike standing under an old bridge while it's raining, watching distant neon signs flash. You approach. He slightly turns his head in your direction. You press the "interact" button. There's no dialogue, he just asks:
-- Have you ever wondered why these artificial lights never create a rainbow?
Or something else along the lines:
-- Come, take a look at the beating rotten heart of this city. It's free.
-- I have almost forgotten there were forest here somewhen. This place invokes sclerosis.
-- They say you can see clear sunshine from the upper levels. What a bunch of lies.
-- People who truly belong here hate Night City more than anyone else. The only thing they hate more is themselves.
-- Yeah, I'm awesome, I know.

oh really? well yes multiple choice for this is retarded, must have been an accident.
In this case you are pardoned punk :p

There was NO WAY(from my side) to edit the poll...I already said that on PAGE 7,thanks for the kind words anyway.

That's why I said must have been a accident.. Coming to topic, clearly everyone wants him in the game!

Narrator / Major Role. Its just got to be.

Resurrected this thread instead of making a new one, still voting to be done! Although more options might be nice. I'd love to know the reasoning behind the negative votes too.

I've only heard Pondsmiths voice on that CP video back when it released, a few times, and I still remember how right it was for what it was talking about.

I think I'd like him to be the unabashed voice of the game.

In one of the interviews CDPR said that indeed they are going to get Mike on the voice over team ;)

If it's not already mentioned in this long thread, I'd love to hear Mike as his own pride and joy....

A digital construct of Morgan Blackhands.

No, thanks. Mike's voice is pretty sexy, but I imagine Blackhand's voice is the voice of a man who has been to Hell, several times, and back just a time or so more. More Eastwood than not.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mike when he did his first Gen Con (I'd been running cyberpunk 2020 since day one, Mike heard about me running it various conventions and he invited me to help him at Gen Con which I did). Mike is an awesome gentleman of the highest caliber and to have his voice in the game would be an homage to the guy who created, to this day, what is STILL THE best cyberpunk genre RPG ever published!

I guess the question is how to use his voice?
Mentor? Narration? Companion/Team Member/Hireling? Villain? Fixer? Bartender? Homeless guy claiming to have been an awesome solo?

I guess the question is how to use his voice?
Mentor? Narration? Companion/Team Member/Hireling? Villain? Fixer? Bartender? Homeless guy claiming to have been an awesome solo?

Mentor sounds nice... You know, like a guy who helps you out to get back on your feet at the beginning of the game.. Companion/team member sounds good as well..

I think he would fit for something in between mentor and homeless guy claiming to have been an awesome solo. Maybe just an unassuming source of knowledge, philosophy and moral codes, with a past better kept mysterious (maybe he's never even been a solo! Maybe he's just deep!). Something like a shaman, a spiritual leader of a community, but not in a sect or religious kind of way. Someone simple people from the street turn to when they need counseling. And he always talks just a little criptic.

Top Bottom