Militech shard isn't giving me the eddies

+
I just did the mission the pickup and called deshawn and then after tried and didn't get the money either. -_-

I just did the mission the pickup and called deshawn and then after tried and didn't get the money either. -_-
Same

I've now tried to complete this mission by giving Royce the corrupted datashard, and by keeping it for myself. Both times, I waited to hack it until after Dex's phone call. Didn't get the eddies.

Once the Meredith Stout gave me the shard, I instantly knew I wanted to decode it for the 10K, but I never received the eddies. Quite disappointed that I didn't get the money and could've just used it for the passive way out instead. I hope this is fixed and we get our money.
I managed to get the money by going into my inventory and clicking on the shard. I was confused at first too, but I figured that the shard would appear in the inventory. It works similar to equipping Johnny's ghost arm that you can get after the oil field sequence.

What do you mean? Did you crack the security, got only the daemon (no money), then went to the shards, clicks on that one and then it gave you $10k? I tried exactly this and got no money, just the daemon. I didn't touch the chard until after talking to Dexter upon finishing "The Pickup".

I managed to get the money by going into my inventory and clicking on the shard. I was confused at first too, but I figured that the shard would appear in the inventory. It works similar to equipping Johnny's ghost arm that you can get after the oil field sequence.

Thanks for this, it's working.
Post automatically merged:

What do you mean? Did you crack the security, got only the daemon (no money), then went to the shards, clicks on that one and then it gave you $10k? I tried exactly this and got no money, just the daemon. I didn't touch the chard until after talking to Dexter upon finishing "The Pickup".

Go to the shards section all the way to the bottom, click on it, there should be an option at the top to hack the shard.

Then go to your backpack and find the shard it should show on the bottom the function for transferring the money.

Woah, that actually worked... Convoluted as hell, but it works, amazing! Thank you, I have closure now :D(y)

To get the eddies you need to go to your inventory and click on the chip (it will display "download the money" or something like that")

Worked for me yesterday

This seems un-necessarily complicated for some reason. Before 1.2 patch, the download used to happen automatically after you cracked it. Seems like they make you download it manually even after you cracked the shard now.

If I'm playing for the first time, how should I know that I should go to the inventory and find this shard? Does the game communicate this?

I'm just wondering if I'm going to miss something later in the game if I don't go through my inventory, after every action I take. Which obviously is not very fun...

Go to inventory > backpack > find the "hacked militech datashard" > ther will be an option to download money.

Top Bottom