Mill Everything Other Than One or Two Factions, or Not?

+
I'm a very focused Skilliga man so I did it without hesitation. Out of beta I won't though because no reset. If I had to keep another would be Nilfgard since I'm bored of playing NR in witcher 3 all the time. I didn't regret milling at all, but at the same time I also spent some cash so I got a decent jump start.

they are about to nerf skeli and patchnotes are probably gonna be leaked tomorrow so i would hold on

No reason to not do it if you're starting out, because of the wipe you will want to get a decent rank if possible for the bonus kegs.

My approach was to wait to see what Gold cards I would get from opening kegs to pick which deck I would focus on first, it ended up being mostly Monsters, ST and NG and had fun with those

Demonstrates a major problem with the starting out: you get too many useless cards and duplicates in the kegs, and you get so frustrated you considering tanking a faction. I had the same though and milled a few cards to craft some golds.

We need more control of kegs, more kegs, or fewer duplicates within kegs.

I tanked Monsters from day 1 (well, almost, milling is from level 3) and never regretted it.

As you grow levels, what could be an acceptable deck quickly becomes obsolete while facing ppl whose Golds are 800 scraps each, so you need a lot of scraps to remain competitive.

Since achieving true competitiveness with just a single faction with a single leader requires a monumental effort, there is little point into keeping factions who do not even have the proper Golds.

Ofc, in the end the number of kegs is what matters...if you have a big budget, you can keep 3 factions (or more) out of 5 I suppose.

I think it depends on how much time you can/want to invest into the game and if you are okay to pay some €€€.
And if you want to pay €€€, do that first and rather earlier, bc later you will be disappointed with the loads of duplicates you get in the kegs...

I have only the time to complete tier 1 each day, am purely F2P and it took quite a while to complete the first full fledged competitive deck. But after maybe the first week feeling hard work with the crappy starter decks things got much easier - and with the current reward system based on round wins it gets more manegeable.
I ended up milling ST and NG eventually after my competitive deck got nerfed and I didn't have the scraps to switch to another one.
I only did this because of the CB environment and since I got no perspective to get NG running anytime soon - and by now wonder if it was necessary after all or just the impulsive frustration of having a nerfed deck back then.

In OB I would never recommend it, if you have any aspiration of achieving a complete set or close to it.
And be careful to count what you get on scraps and what you can craft from it - if it doesn't substantially make your deck better, just don't do it.
I also think there is a benefit of not jumping too far too fast - you learn more of the game if you have to make work what you got. If I would have rushed into milling all into one great deck, I think i would have missed out on a lot of fun experiences with cards I never use now.

Top Bottom