Mill Values For This Patch Make No Sense

+
Mill Values For This Patch Make No Sense

I'm doing my customary patch-day milling, but it seems like there are some major inconsistencies in what CDPR lets us mill for full value this time around. For instance, water hag mills for full value after her spell got changed from lacerate to venom, however Ida does not mill for full value after her spell was changed AND she lost a point. Ceallach, Pirate Capt, Tremors, and some other min-reworked cards do not mill for full after many arguably receiving nerfs from the changes, but Kaedwni Sergeant and Blue Stripes Scout mill for full value when they seem to have changed just as much, or less than these other cards. It's great that CDPR does let us mill some of the cards they nerf/change, it just seems like their criteria for what can and cannot be milled this time around is wildly inconsistent.

Agreed, it makes little sense if any at all. Blue Stripes Commando lost it's Trio, same as Reavers, but one is milled for full value and the other one is not.

Yeah, this patch screwed all of my decks up, especially my Henselt one is just completely unplayable because of this change, and I can't mill anything for full value. I can't play a single one like I used to, which would be fine if I could mill and make a new deck that interests me, but I can't.

Last edited:
Reading the complaints in this thread I get the impression that you have 0 ore, 0 scraps and 0 kegs and thats including the season end bonus.
The patch screwed up all of the decks (thats pretty much the point along with adding new content), it would be naive to expect that after every major patch all the changed card will be refundable. I'm actually surprised they are still refunding anything.
Just a suggestion, if you really have no kegs or scraps, perhaps try saving some before the next patch (in 2 months i assume).

I think you're not getting the point of it, and neither is the guy who complains about his Henselt deck. What confuses me (and I assume the author), is the inconsistency of the cards that are being milled for full value : the ones that simply changed their art (Seargeant and Scout) get their full scrap value, whereas the ones that got changed big time (Rain, Tremors etc.) don't. Nobody ever complained about not having enough scraps and ore to get the new cards, so please, read carefully before shitposting.

Last edited:
Rammyp;n9399011 said:
Reading the complaints in this thread I get the impression that you have 0 ore, 0 scraps and 0 kegs and thats including the season end bonus.
The patch screwed up all of the decks (thats pretty much the point along with adding new content), it would be naive to expect that after every major patch all the changed card will be refundable. I'm actually surprised they are still refunding anything.
Just a suggestion, if you really have no kegs or scraps, perhaps try saving some before the next patch (in 2 months i assume).

How? All the other electronic cards games I know do it, it's not naive to expect the industry standard from a game. This isn't them introducing some counter to change the meta to make the deck non-viable, or adjusting the point a little to make it better balanced, the abilities are fundamentally changed.

Chromosomuss;n9399261 said:
I think you're not getting the point of it, and neither is the guy who complains about his Henselt deck. What confuses me (and I assume the author), is the inconsistency of the cards that are being milled for full value : the ones that simply changed their art (Seargeant and Scout) get their full scrap value, whereas the ones that got changed big time (Rain, Tremors etc.) don't. Nobody ever complained about not having enough scraps and ore to get the new cards, so please, read carefully before shitposting.

Hehe, shit posting me while telling others not to shit post, how amusing. And actually no, the scout and the sergeant are fundamentally changed with the new new sub headings for the cards. They interact with Henselt (and other cards) differently, like you can't use him on the Scouts (who are now what the sergeants used to be) but he can be on the sergeants.

P.S. Ok, in their defense, they did make my mulligan deck better.

Last edited:

Easha

Forum regular
Skellige's Warcryer should definitely be millable for full price. It lost Veteran status, one point and only effects two units instead of three. That is not only a change but anerf in any of the card's aspect. I can see the point in other cards not being on the refund list (no 800 Scraps for my second G:Igni...) but this card has to be on it without doubt.

A lot of cards were changed completely and didn't receive a full refund. This is indeed inconsistent. Not that I need the ore, but for the sake of consistency...

CDPR needs to update the mill values, this is BS as it is now;
Just few examples:
Foglets now 4 value instead of 6; Rain value is capped at 2 instead of 5; Wild Hunt Riders lost trio and now only viable in Frost decks, and that is just first glance. All of these should be millable at full value since they were nerfed and can no longer provide the same value.

CDPR please fix this...

IMO CDPR should not compensate anything at all. They do amazing work and that work should be rewarded with moneys. The fact that any f2p'ayer can have full collection just playing 3 games per day, then come to forum and insult devs with scrap begging makes me sad

ZenaRose;n9401371 said:
IMO CDPR should not compensate anything at all. They do amazing work and that work should be rewarded with moneys. The fact that any f2p'ayer can have full collection just playing 3 games per day, then come to forum and insult devs with scrap begging makes me sad

Why would anyone with a full collection be begging for scraps?

Raunbjorn

frbfree;n9401501 said:
Why would anyone with a full collection be begging for scraps?

That's not the point. Remember there are lots of people who don't have a full collection. No matter how small of a nerf a card has gotten it should get full mill value. That's how people can buy kegs with real money with confidence knowing that they will never get fucked over by the company they invest in. There's is just no way you can defend this decision with any reason at all. (Bear in mind that I like this company a lot more than Blizzard but CDPR makes decisions that aren't overly sympathetic.) Oh well... I'm drunk...

I'm sad to say I haven't got the largest collection. With this patch, some of the cards have changed so drastically, that they don't fit into my favored decks anymore, at all. The fact that I can't dust them for full value is ridiculous.

I'm not completely sure where this perception comes from that it's super easy to get a full collection. I currently have over 175 hours of play time and have spent $65 on the game and am still missing some bronze cards, several silvers, and a bit under half of the golds. It's definitely a more generous system than something like Hearthstone, however I wouldn't exactly say the devs are just giving away all the cards to anyone who plays for a couple hours. Now perhaps I'm just super unlucky with my keg openings, but it doesn't seem that way. I think it's also important to note that this game is still in beta. To a large degree the player base is still testing out the game and helping CDPR develop a better game by doing so. It's in their best interests to make cards more available during this time, otherwise nobody will be able to test them. And just on a final note, it's overall bad business for CDPR to make inconsistent changes without letting the community know, like this. Some people may feel like not offering full mills is completely fair and part of business, but plenty of people are also going to be upset with this type of inconsistency and the more this happens the more likely they are going to be to go find a different game.

Anyways, this gripe has more to do with CDPR's overall poor communication with the player base about a variety of things. They've been getting better about updating the players on what is going on, but patches still largely come out of nowhere, and there are things like the pro ladder that are just sprung on the players with pretty little warning. To a degree this is to be expected since the game is in beta, but it does seem like they could do a better job.

The card milling this time around just seems wildly inconsistent. Perhaps they shouldn't offer full mill value for any nerfed cards as people say, however them offering it for some cards and not others is just extremely strange. If CDPR is going to offer full milling values for some cards then it should be consistent. There's no reason one card should mill for full value and another should not when they received almost identical changes, which has been a theme this patch. If there's a reason some cards are not going to be milled for full value despite being nerfed then CDPR should communicate to us why that. Especially considering they have stated in the past that nerfed cards will mill for full. If it's a problem with giving players too much 'free' scrap, or something like that, they could implement changes where you can only mill 3 of one card for full value, or something like that. It seems like a much better solution than just randomly deciding something and leaving the community hanging as to why.

Sort of agree with the people here. I suppose they wanted to avoid people just being able to slam into a few new decks right away. But people who got shafted with decks ruined that cannot be milled might find it hard to make a new viable deck. Then again, everything would probably be milled if they gave everything changed full refund.

Personally I had a lot of ore and combined with the cheap starter pack and the kegs I got from ranking I could open near 100 kegs which did help me a lot. Especially since I was lucky with the legendary I got from my starter pack (Menno, which I wanted to use) and two Kambis from my kegs. So I'm fine, but I can see how people with less stuffs stored up might find it difficult.

Sneaky CDPR. They have even taken out chort and no word about this refund. My prize-winning cow has been hurt badly.

Why are like half of the cards on the Increased Value For Milling list...NOT increased? There are a few I'd like to mill, but it's the exact same mill value as before.

Top Bottom