Milva + Roach

+
Milva + Roach

Recently while playing against Scoia'tael a popular move seem to play Milva right at the start, with Roach played from the deck and then goes immediately to the player hand.

My question is what the point of such move? It seem to just waste Milva ability to return a valuable card to your hand and/or cause your opponent to lose his buff.

Card advantage my dear friend. Now your opponent is like they never used a card because Roach is returned to their hand. Combine this with Francesca/Last Wish, and it's like they just drew a whole new card while keeping a solid 8 points on the board.

Hmm... I suppose this it. Although I still think it a waste of a card is you not got a card with an ability.

Ingsoc85;n8388980 said:
Hmm... I suppose this it. Although I still think it a waste of a card is you not got a card with an ability.

You can also remove Roach from your hand with Francesca, Johnny or The Last Wish.

Lim3zer0;n8390590 said:
RIP Roach.....

Oh right, since the latest patch, Johnny banishes cards. Well, you'll probably still get something better in return.

4RM3D;n8391060 said:
Oh right, since the latest patch, Johnny banishes cards. Well, you'll probably still get something better in return.
Better than roach? Unless it's King of Beggars, I highly doubt it.
Milva into roach is still not the best move because I'm yet to see Francesca or even Last Wish in high rank play. Poor Milva became redundant, as was predicted.

HenryGrosmont;n8397790 said:
Better than roach? Unless it's King of Beggars, I highly doubt it.
Milva into roach is still not the best move because I'm yet to see Francesca or even Last Wish in high rank play. Poor Milva became redundant, as was predicted.

It isn't. I used the trick myself around Rank 4 to Rank 10 (Milva+Roach+Francesca that is) but after that it just doesn't pay off. Francesca is too much of an underwhelming leader even if you do use her to redraw Roach and Ciaran.

Now Johnny... That's a whole different story. Johnny to get rid of Ciaran = pro move. Anything is better than a Ciaran that has served its purpose. Sometimes Johnny even gives you a gold for Ciaran. Talking from personal experience lol.

4RM3D;n8388990 said:
You can also remove Roach from your hand with Francesca, Johnny or The Last Wish.

i cant believe ppl still using francesca. the only ST leader is that dwarf.

HenryGrosmont;n8397790 said:
Better than roach? Unless it's King of Beggars, I highly doubt it. Milva into roach is still not the best move because I'm yet to see Francesca or even Last Wish in high rank play. Poor Milva became redundant, as was predicted.

sorry for OOT but im cuirous with Banned under your name

Anen;n8440150 said:
i cant believe ppl still using francesca. the only ST leader is that dwarf.

Eithne is a completely viable leader option. Especially in Round 3, if you are holding Aglais. Plus she bounces spies and cow carcasses.

EDIT - I also am curious as to why Grosmont got nicked. But, as the moderator of his own forum and a few others, I can tell you that I would be shocked if you ever got an answer out of the staff.

Last edited:
I just got destroyed by Roach , OMG!!!
It was begining of round 3, I kept katacan with 12points and used kayran to protect from scorch so i had 20points and oponent 0.
Then oponent plays Twisted Mirror which draw roach and switched points.He had no card on board !
this is more annoing than Milva ..............

Last edited:
Pruny;n8454770 said:
It was begining of round 3, I kept katacan with 12points and used kayran to protect from scorch so i had 20points and oponent 0.
Then oponent plays Twisted Mirror which draw roach and switched points.He had no card on board !

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
That is genius! That never occurred to me.
Definitely gotta go and try that out.

Pruny;n8454770 said:

I lost to this same player in the same manner. I was suitably impressed.

KasumiGoto;n8431800 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwtj39Hr99U #Francesca OP
I adore this deck. :cheers4:

I decided to test this deck, and found it a little too underpowered to win Round 1 against most NR/NG decks. Not having a scorch or a D-bomb is difficult.

That said, I made a few tweaks to it, and I am having a decent amount of success. Oddly enough, I don't buff Roach. I use the same tactic, but have more success with buffing Ailerenn, and dumping her into the deck for a Round 2 win.

Top Bottom