Milva?

+
Can someone explain to me how Milva became meta again? Does it make sense to pay 10p just to turn your Leader ability into "Remove 3 4-hp targets (and ONLY 4hp) out of turn?" Because then you can no longer use the leader "as intended" offensively, right? Like, if you have to move a defender, or a row-locked unit, or line up a row punish target, you just wasted your 10p Milva. So you only use leader charges for removal, right? Still worth it, though? Because it's out of turn and... what? Thinning a card when it fails? Someone sell me Milva! I honestly don't get it.

Same as roach. Free points And thinning.

Roach its 4 for 9.

Milva if you manage to use only One time its 4 for 10 (2 body points And 2 damage).

If you manage to use multiple times its really good. 3 leader charges Plus cat sab (i think its cat sab, cant remember right now) its 13 free points for 10.

Not even wanderers plays for that in a lot of matches

DRK3

Forum veteran

Roach its 4 for 9.

Milva if you manage to use only One time its 4 for 10 (2 body points And 2 damage).

If you manage to use multiple times its really good. 3 leader charges Plus cat sab (i think its cat sab, cant remember right now) its 13 free points for 10.

You forgot to mention control. Wiping out any threats, multiple times is probably the most valuable type of points you can get in Gwent, outside of extremely pointslammy / swarmmy metas.

Roach its 4 for 9.

I was following until you said 13. 3 leader charges plus body is 8. Cat sab, if you land that AND all the leader charges into legit target adds 2?

Edit: I can kinda dig Roach comparison, though.

Post automatically merged:

You forgot to mention control. Wiping out any threats, multiple times is probably the most valuable type of points you can get in Gwent, outside of extremely pointslammy / swarmmy metas.
I mentioned control, but the thing is Milva doesn't "really" wipe anything out, does she? It just adds 2 damage to the leader charge, so you're really using the leader chargers for control, and it ONLY works against 4hp targets, since no one uses it with anything except the leader and VERY occasionally the saboteur.

I was following until you said 13. 3 leader charges plus body is 8. Cat sab, if you land that AND all the leader charges into legit target adds 2?

Edit: I can kinda dig Roach comparison, though.

Post automatically merged:

I mentioned control, but the thing is Milva doesn't "really" wipe anything out, does she? It just adds 2 damage to the leader charge, so you're really using the leader chargers for control, and it ONLY works against 4hp targets, since no one uses it with anything except the leader and VERY occasionally the saboteur.
My bad, its 12. I counted 2 times The damage order in "The Last play"

So, 3 leaders = 6 points (1 damage from "deploy" + 1 from order).

1 CAT sab = 2 points.
1 CAT sab = 2 points.

+ 2 body points

Total 12

rrc

Forum veteran
The comparison between Roach was actually awesome! Though the purpose is Milva is not for thinning and to carry her till round 3, it was a good perspective.

In your following argument you are saying that we can use her 5 times which then contradicts your own point about thinning.

Getting 5 targets to kill for Milva is extremely hard. I don't see why people still use her and I can't understand the logic too. I had the same question like @Barracuda88 whenever I see Milva. But if people like her and use her and if they manage to win with her, it is nice.

My bad, its 12. I counted 2 times The damage order in "The Last play"

So, 3 leaders = 6 points (1 damage from "deploy" + 1 from order).

1 CAT sab = 2 points.
1 CAT sab = 2 points.

+ 2 body points

Total 12
OK, so you meant 13 (or 12) when you managed to use her successfully with 3 leaders and not 1 but 2 Saboteurs! I've never seen anybody do that yet, but OK, in theory it's possible. Is it worth it, though? 12 for 10 MAX is not a lot (You brought up Wanderers I think, but a better comparison is Sihil, I think, that can play for 40-50 potentially for 12p), but because it's out of turn [when used with leader, not the cat] I guess? And I guess at minimum - when you either screw up or have to use the leader charge for emergency row control without a target - she is like a more expensive Roach. But like, Roach was really only good in GN and Renfri decks when you had no tutors and REALLY had to thin :D

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Can someone explain to me how Milva became meta again?

Mostly Squires and Chameleons but also the 4p cultists, Elven Swordmasters, some siege engines. Also, 6 or 7 power engines can be removed with the Dryad Ranger or the 1 power dwarf/Waylay. Same reason why people run Imprisonment with the cultists despite the anti-synergy. Meta is engine heavy so the ability to shut down even a small engine while deploying your own is appreciated by many.

OK, so you meant 13 (or 12) when you managed to use her successfully with 3 leaders and not 1 but 2 Saboteurs! I've never seen anybody do that yet, but OK, in theory it's possible. Is it worth it, though? 12 for 10 MAX is not a lot (You brought up Wanderers I think, but a better comparison is Sihil, I think, that can play for 40-50 potentially for 12p), but because it's out of turn [when used with leader, not the cat] I guess? And I guess at minimum - when you either screw up or have to use the leader charge for emergency row control without a target - she is like a more expensive Roach. But like, Roach was really only good in GN and Renfri decks when you had no tutors and REALLY had to thin :D
This past 2 weeks i was moving my house and didnt have time to play the game neither watch streams.

But after the patch, spyro was using this deck and it was comum he plays milva for 12 points

I myself had a lot of doubts about Milva in her current state because of how awkward it can be trying to get her back into the deck now, but this meta is so extremely greedy. Knights and harmony pushed me over the edge and made me drop elves from ST in favour of a new hyper control deck I cooked up with Milva (and of course her husbando Madoc) as one of the center pieces.

Turns out if you put enough damage and pings in your deck you can make her work pretty damn well in this meta (you have far more reach than 4p units when you combine leader with other damage). I am currently 2580+ with the deck and have been steamrolling pretty much all over this greedy meta, it feels damn good to punish them is all I will say.

It's the most fun deck I've played in ages. If anyone wants to give it a spin, feel free to: https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/02de47f37e0b68df3834eca0436fcb7c

Update: made the last push to 2.6k, as far as I'm aware only me and one other guy has made it there yet this season, seriously best deck you could ever play this season if you play it right, if you ask me=)

Last edited:
I myself had a lot of doubts about Milva in her current state because of how awkward it can be trying to get her back into the deck now, but this meta is so extremely greedy. Knights and harmony pushed me over the edge and made me drop elves from ST in favour of a new hyper control deck I cooked up with Milva (and of course her husbando Madoc) as one of the center pieces.

Turns out if you put enough damage and pings in your deck you can make her work pretty damn well in this meta (you have far more reach than 4p units when you combine leader with other damage). I am currently 2580+ with the deck and have been steamrolling pretty much all over this greedy meta, it feels damn good to punish them is all I will say.

It's the most fun deck I've played in ages. If anyone wants to give it a spin, feel free to: https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/02de47f37e0b68df3834eca0436fcb7c

Update: made the last push to 2.6k, as far as I'm aware only me and one other guy has made it there yet this season, seriously best deck you could ever play this season if you play it right, if you ask me=)
Yeah, ever since the nerf I said that she could still be used in a Madoc control deck, and the nerf, which was mostly directed at that at the time, affected non-toxic(non-madoc/trap) decks more. The confusion for me is that this isn't how she's been used in the meta. She's in these GT Harmony lists, with people playing her instead of like, Heatwave and Aerondight and stuff.

PS. OK, so one question about your deck, not really related to Milva: Where do you get points from to justify Aerondight?

Yeah, ever since the nerf I said that she could still be used in a Madoc control deck, and the nerf, which was mostly directed at that at the time, affected non-toxic(non-madoc/trap) decks more. The confusion for me is that this isn't how she's been used in the meta. She's in these GT Harmony lists, with people playing her instead of like, Heatwave and Aerondight and stuff.

PS. OK, so one question about your deck, not really related to Milva: Where do you get points from to justify Aerondight?
Ofc the question was for the "owner" of the deck.

But venadain round control its extremly powerfull And you have a lot of points

Ofc the question was for the "owner" of the deck.

But venadain round control its extremly powerfull And you have a lot of points
Is it, though? Take waylay elves. You can never control the round with Vanadain. That's why you immediately play FD. Vanadain is just 7-9-9 and that's IF he lives. I mean, I'm sure it works somehow since he got to 2600 with it, I'm just curious if this is just like a 50/50 blue coin gambit basically.

I'm just curious if this is just like a 50/50 blue coin gambit basically.
Well, like all Aerondight decks this deck likes blue coin, of course, but the deck is better at staying ahead than one might think at first glance. Opponent plays something, you kill it and Madoc (later on also Saov) jumps out at the same time, if it's worth it you can also leader charge to get ahead. In situations where you cannot either grow the sword or win R1 on red you just pass early most of the time.

Also, Simlas is rarely used as the R3 finisher, he's either used when you bleed them or to get card advantage when they try to bleed you, both situations you grow the sword.

Can someone explain to me how Milva became meta again? Does it make sense to pay 10p just to turn your Leader ability into "Remove 3 4-hp targets (and ONLY 4hp) out of turn?" Because then you can no longer use the leader "as intended" offensively, right? Like, if you have to move a defender, or a row-locked unit, or line up a row punish target, you just wasted your 10p Milva. So you only use leader charges for removal, right? Still worth it, though? Because it's out of turn and... what? Thinning a card when it fails? Someone sell me Milva! I honestly don't get it.
Yeah it worthy, defender isn't a problem, purify it
It used just bc Harmony decks are helpless, with milva u will have some controls
It should be more intresting things to play Harmony ability with Harmony cards

Yeah it worthy, defender isn't a problem, purify it
It used just bc Harmony decks are helpless, with milva u will have some controls
It should be more intresting things to play Harmony ability with Harmony cards
Yeah, I kind of get it now. Poison used to be strong a few years back, but now it's just too slow, and with no other control options available beyond Heatwave, pure Harmony can't really hang with the absurdities of NR and NG scenarios, or Cat-2xKoschey spam, points-wise.

Top Bottom