Milva's Ability

+
Milva's Ability

Why Milva is still returning her unit after the opponent passed? I mean, Cahir is just gold 10 in a similar situation. Why the same isn't the case with Milva?

HenryGrosmont;n8288450 said:
Why Milva is still returning her unit after the opponent passed? I mean, Cahir is just gold 10 in a similar situation. Why the same isn't the case with Milva?

Please don't bully the poor milva,she had been nerfed too much...But Cahir and the 22 gold card(I forgot the name)is too strong.Always I have no bronze card to draw.

eillinggel;n8288790 said:
Please don't bully the poor milva,she had been nerfed too much...But Cahir and the 22 gold card(I forgot the name)is too strong.Always I have no bronze card to draw.

I actually propose a little buff for her, if you play her after the opponent passed she will punish you.
I have no idea where do you get the notion I want to nerf her...

HenryGrosmont;n8288840 said:
I actually propose a little buff for her, if you play her after the opponent passed she will punish you.

you are wrong .when the opponent passed,you can use milva +roach 11 point to get an important card and still have CA.Like the decoy before.So I think it's a good mechanism.If you have buff units in your hand ,I suggest you use milva early.You can also get roach.

HenryGrosmont;n8288840 said:

Milva is suitable for ST control deck, not suitable for buff deck.And milva deck must take roach.

Unless she's returning a buffed up unit on your side or a spy it's not an issue, Just instantly play the card returned again

Isn't it more or less the same principle applied to Vilgefortz?

Both Milva and Vilge can only target your own side on your opponents pass.

Cahir just straight up gives you card no questions asked, whereas Milva and Vilgefortz need you to remove strength from your board to do so.

Last edited:
eillinggel;n8288980 said:
you are wrong .when the opponent passed,you can use milva +roach 11 point to get an important card and still have CA.Like the decoy before.So I think it's a good mechanism.If you have buff units in your hand ,I suggest you use milva early.You can also get roach.

Lol. Thanks for the beginner's advice...
eillinggel;n8289020 said:
Milva is suitable for ST control deck, not suitable for buff deck.And milva deck must take roach.
What? Read above, please
Tamacountry13;n8289030 said:
Unless she's returning a buffed up unit on your side or a spy it's not an issue, Just instantly play the card returned again
Then shouldn't she return the highest base strength unit? So this way she doesn't screw your buffs.
Lim3zer0;n8289690 said:
Isn't it more or less the same principle applied to Vilgefortz?

Both Milva and Vilge can only target your own side on your opponents pass.

Cahir just straight up gives you card no questions asked, whereas Milva and Vilgefortz need you to remove strength from your board to do so.
My point is that Cahir or Vilgefortz do not screw you over, Milva can.

Last edited:
HenryGrosmont;n8289910 said:
Lol. Thanks for low mmr advice...
I'm 4600 mmr..It's your problem,not milva..If milva doing nothing after opponent passed,she is real useless.I suggest you take Geralt.:facepalm2:

eillinggel;n8290010 said:
I'm 4600 mmr..It's your problem,not milva..If milva doing nothing after opponent passed,she is real useless.I suggest you take Geralt.:facepalm2:

Good for you, you still gave me a beginner's advice. As you can see, I edited my first response to you before you answered to clarify what I meant.
Again... try to understand what I'm trying to say here. If it's too hard, I'm talking about consistency concerning the same mechanics. Ty very much.

And Geralt took me to 4400 not to o long ago. So, there's that...

Last edited:

If she ends up screwing the player over than i'd say it's player error.
Why would you wait to play her after your opponent has passed? and when you know that she will return a buffed unit to hand? At least if you play her before they pass she will also remove the buffs from their highest unit.

But that is just my view on it.

Lim3zer0;n8290170 said:
If she ends up screwing the player over than i'd say it's player error.
Why would you wait to play her after your opponent has passed? and when you know that she will return a buffed unit to hand? At least if you play her before they pass she will also remove the buffs from their highest unit.

But that is just my view on it.
I'm not arguing what player's responsibility is. I'm saying that certain mechanics should be applied consistently.
You were arguing for this in another thread...

Last edited:

Vilgefortz can screw you up as well, but in a bunch of different ways, so can Cahir, particularly when he's drawn by Vilgefortz and you havent used up your leader card yet

Milva is a powerful gold card but it comes with a condition of having to plan ahead how you want to play your cards, the same can be said about multiple other gold cards and some of them have effects that even arent as good as Milva's

HenryGrosmont;n8290240 said:
I'm not arguing what player's responsibility is. I'm saying that certain mechanics should be applied consistently.

milva is different from Cahir.Cahir draw a card,Milva return a battlefield card.Milva is more like Vilgefortz.

Lexandre;n8290330 said:
Vilgefortz can screw you up as well, but in a bunch of different ways, so can Cahir, particularly when he's drawn by Vilgefortz and you havent used up your leader card yet

Milva is a powerful gold card but it comes with a condition of having to plan the order of your cards played ahead, the same can be said about multiple other gold cards and some of them have effects that even arent as good as Milva's
Again, I'm not arguing about the card. It's the mechanics that should be implemented consistently. For example, choose a card to bring back or something of the sort.
As for drawing Cahir after Vilgefortz, he still gives you 13 (plus Roach again) on board with no repercussion to your side.

HenryGrosmont;n8290420 said:
Again, I'm not arguing about the card. It's the mechanics that should be implemented consistently. For example, choose a card to bring back or something of the sort.
As for drawing Cahir after Vilgefortz, he still gives you 13 (plus Roach again) on board with no repercussion to your side.

As you say,milva and Vilgefortz should become Geralt(no ability) after opponent passed.....So horrible:wat:

eillinggel;n8290400 said:
milva is different from Cahir.Cahir draw a card,Milva return a battlefield card.Milva is more like Vilgefortz.

Mate, not arguing the card. You seem to overlook it. And Vilgefortz doesn't screw over your side of the board.

HenryGrosmont;n8290240 said:

You mean in your thread about Cahir's ability?

My argument there was that Cahir should be changed to follow Milva's example. For consistency.. yes.
However it was because it would give a card to the passed players hand, that they could not play. That was my point
As far as that argument is concerned Milva and Cahir now are consistent in that regard. Now neither card can do so.
Whether or not they affect your side of the board in the same way, or in a different way is a different argument IMO.

Lim3zer0;n8290470 said:
You mean in your thread about Cahir's ability?

My argument there was that Cahir should be changed to follow Milva's example. For consistency.. yes.
However it was because it would give a card to the passed players hand, that they could not play. That was my point
As far as that argument is concerned Milva and Cahir now are consistent in that regard. Now neither card can do so.
Whether or not they still affect your side of the board in the same way is a different argument IMO.
No, in one of the new ones. Not mine... :)

Top Bottom