Mini-map or Compass?

+

Do you prefer the compass or mini-map?

• Total voters
Mini-map during combat and driving. I find the compass a bit distracting.

When exploring by foot, I would love to turn off both and seldom check the map screen as i would irl with my phone. I stop and study the area cause it's fun. Also I find it immersive listening to directions from NPCs. It wasn't that frequent in TW3 but it was there.

Back from 11 days of CP2077 abstaining due to vacation. I gotta say I haven’t missed much. If anything I wish I had not even seen it.
The UI looks less like unique now with colorful item icons. Also what’s up with item names not fully showing? Also less tabs in the inventory - were those missing repurposed or scrapped?
For those wanting to admire their character yet another hit as character model looks blurry now even in inventory screen. Not to mention the stupid minimap. I want to hope the game is designed with no fixation on hand-holding and you can easily do without the mini-map but I won’t hold my breath since CDPR used some resources on features for people that won’t even play the game.

Animations somehow look worse, especially Placide walking and some dude shooting one-handed with a rifle.

Overall a huge wimp of a video. For me instead of pumping me up further for the game it actually let out a lot of steam out of my personal hype train. P.S. the quick cuts and overall length of the supposed “deep dive” is a spit in the face of actual gamers.
View attachment 11015219View attachment 11015222View attachment 11015225

D-bomb. The screenshot from the puddle-splash looks very blurry, especially visible on the mirror section, Johnny and shopping cart.
Minimap does not automatically equal handholding. Some of us like minimaps for other reasons, and find compasses and "GO HERE, GO HERE, GO HERE!" markers all over the screen to be even more distracting.

Minimap does not automatically equal handholding. Some of us like minimaps for other reasons, and find compasses and "GO HERE, GO HERE, GO HERE!" markers all over the screen to be even more distracting.

If we’re being honest both methods are not the best. But at least the compass is a lot less visible.

I’d prefer the game world itself to give direction hints to the player as opposed to artificial elements the presence of which only highlights the fact that you’re playing a game.

Regarding the alternative to compass and minimap, can be an option to press a button and have markers directions show temporary on screen. Like having a gps vision type since you can have an eye implant.
This I got for now like an idea.

I’d prefer the game world itself to give direction hints to the player as opposed to artificial elements the presence of which only highlights the fact that you’re playing a game.

But I see it as a normal progression, I mean you get cyber implants for everything and now days IRL nobody looks at a compass, you look at your phone and google map. I think this is what it should be in this world.

Plus as dense this world is a minimap is needed.

But I see it as a normal progression, I mean you get cyber implants for everything and now days IRL nobody looks at a compass, you look at your phone and google map. I think this is what it should be in this world.

Plus as dense this world is a minimap is needed.

Should have to be switchable.
Minimap may be useful when stuck in a massive building, but while driving I'd rather have a compass, more easier to follow.

Top Bottom