Mini-map while driving needs to be zoomed out

+
Probably the most off-putting feature of the game is the mini map, impossible to drive fast without having to reverse for 99% of the corners. Getting to places is a real chore when it should a fun part of the experience.

Just created an account to +1 this. Extremely irritating. I mean this is an essential for any driving open world. It's a shame that this wasn't implemented in the first place. Makes you wonder if they actually put in the effort they were saying they did.

Yes, to the OP's 'suggestion'. One of the things irritating me the most during the game tbh.

I agree :) the map should zoom out once you go faster with your vehicle.
And something I want to add.. you can't lay your bike in curves properly as you should at higher speeds..

Minimap in general needs a lot of love and a ton of settings exposed to the player - rotation, size, transparency, position, toggle icons visibility, distance to target indicator and whatnot

Yup, the minimap is terrible but most terrible when driving.

Also when driving in chase view the camera constantly resetting to a fixed point is really damn annoying since I find it is not the ideal view.
Overall driving just isn't very good at all with cars not handling at all well.

Another voice to the choir here. The mini-map NEEDS to be made dynamic and zoom in and out according to your present speed. Waaay too easy to overshoot your turn and you keep looking at the map instead of traffic or the city scenery.
Post automatically merged:

Overall driving just isn't very good at all with cars not handling at all well.
There are Nexus mods that make vehicle handling actually tolerable.

This version works well for me.

Indeed. By the time a turn shows up on the minimap, I'm already in the progress of missing that turn. Unless you drive at the speed of an NPC, every turn will be a u-turn.

It needs at least one of the below to resolve this:
1) Dynamically zoom out based on speed (The faster we go, the more it should zoom out).
1.5) Zoom out to 0.5 just for getting into a vehicle and then continue dynamically zooming out, based on speed.
2) Zoom out to 0.3 for getting into a vehicle, without dynamic zoom, if it's too hard to achieve.
3) Place the player cursor at the bottom of the minimap, instead of the centre, if all of the above are too hard.

I vote for 1.5, as the minimap is simply way too zoomed in for vehicles as it is. There's just no way that you can zoom out too much at this point.

Absolutely agree.

Tired of making U-turns. Also the pathing doesn't update quick enough so if I miss a turn and make the next available it still wants me to trek back the way I came. Sometimes it even wants me to drive through buildings.

Just slow down and your problem is solved by your own actions. Stop being so dependent on the "Devs" or "Modders", try taking control of your life.

Drive slower, use your turn signals, wait for the cars in front of you. It's not like the cars in Cyberpunk will just sit on the road forever going nowhere indefinitely just for the funzies. Pick a reasonable slower vehicle with low miles and take care of it. Stop pretending crashing into things doesn't impact the way it drives. Stop acting like getting another vehicle is as simple as calling it and having it self-drive to your location instantly.

Just slow it down people. Stop acting like a fractured Delemain and drive like a human adult.

Just slow down and your problem is solved by your own actions. Stop being so dependent on the "Devs" or "Modders", try taking control of your life.

Drive slower, use your turn signals, wait for the cars in front of you. It's not like the cars in Cyberpunk will just sit on the road forever going nowhere indefinitely just for the funzies. Pick a reasonable slower vehicle with low miles and take care of it. Stop pretending crashing into things doesn't impact the way it drives. Stop acting like getting another vehicle is as simple as calling it and having it self-drive to your location instantly.

Just slow it down people. Stop acting like a fractured Delemain and drive like a human adult.
Because Cyberpunk is *definitely* about living in a safe responsible and humane way! Really, forget about asking for improved gameplay and instead be a virtual eco-runner saving the climate one step at a time. Only non-exploitative way to increase the athletics skill anyway. You win, and the planet wins!

Because Cyberpunk is *definitely* about living in a safe responsible and humane way! Really, forget about asking for improved gameplay and instead be a virtual eco-runner saving the climate one step at a time. Only non-exploitative way to increase the athletics skill anyway. You win, and the planet wins!
I'm pretty sure he was just having fun and being sarcastic, it's especially clear with this part:

It's not like the cars in Cyberpunk will just sit on the road forever going nowhere indefinitely just for the funzies. <...> Stop acting like getting another vehicle is as simple as calling it and having it self-drive to your location instantly.

This needs to happen, driving is ruined completely by this one little detail, let me manual zoom the mini map. I can hack anything but can't tell when I'm about to miss my turn, thats just a bit ridiculous isn't it.

Yes!! made an account to upvote haha. I love not fast traveling and going everywhere in 1st person driving mode, it's really immersive and from the dashboard is the "point of view" that you can tell they designed thsi game from (then rushed it to release before foot/street view could be that dialed in) so for me that's the no-brainer way to travel. the ONLY real hangup is not knowing when i need to turn until i'm freaking past it.. sure i try to scope out my route on the big map beforehadn to have a rough idea, but ..... it's still painfully difficult.

Had to sign up just so I could +1 this. I googled "Cyberpunk 2077 minimap sucks" to get here and really glad it's not just me having an issue with this.

The minimap should automatically zoom in and out depending on your speed.

You should also have manual controls available to zoom in and out through key-bindings("NUM -" and "NUM +".

GPS route actually being shown on the road should be a cyberware upgrade you can acquire in-game with eddies AND the color of the GPS route shown on the road should be customizable, as well as the rest of the HUD for that matter.

And finally, there should be an autopilot mode cyberware upgrade which will allow you to pack a bowl or whatever while you get to where you're going, without having to fast travel. Which can be activated or deactivated at anytime during a car ride.

Also I love this game and I'm excited for it's future.

Kicking Bird

Last edited:
What would be nice is if they overlaid the directions onto the ground. The mini map to me has always been more for reference, sucks to stare at the little box in the corner instead of the game..

Top Bottom