Mini map zoom out while driving

+
As my topic title says, I have missed many a turn after setting a GPS position. I now ignore the use of cars and only use bikes to get around as its the only vehicle you can hop to make a turn in with the millisecond of notice! I'd love to explore the different vehicles in the game but I am also getting bored of three point turns to hit an exit!

My biggest gripe with the driving in Cyberpunk is that the mini map is tiny, it would be nice if it could zoom out by a factor of 2/3 or if we could configure this in the game settings? It would really improve the driving game play because i find the physics of driving quite nice, however its just that i often slam into a wall because the turn only just came up and i'm going 170mph, there isn't enough room to think about the next turn coming up when you are in a faster car/bike

I would love a driving line on the road. It's hard enough trying to learn my way around the city, but having to look at the mini map instead of my surroundings when I'm driving isn't helping the cause.

In a cyberpunk world, an augmented reality line directing us to our quests in general wouldn't be out of place.

I would love a driving line on the road. It's hard enough trying to learn my way around the city, but having to look at the mini map instead of my surroundings when I'm driving isn't helping the cause.

In a cyberpunk world, an augmented reality line directing us to our quests in general wouldn't be out of place.
I personally don't like driving line on the road from playing Ubisoft games... but i suppose it could fit in nicely in this world. Would be nice for the option of either a zoomed out mini map or thee driving line as mentioned :D

Hi,

I'm really enjoying the game but the map is very annoying because doesn't get "smaller" when i drive fast. I had some bugs but nothing serious instead the map is making me crazy, i can't have fun while driving because i allways have to be careful for the sudden turns!

It is possibile to fix it? i would really apreciate this.

I literally logged in to forums to make this very same suggestion. It would be awesome if they could have a dynamic zoom. It makes sense to have the default view when you are going 5 MPH when you are trying to find exactly where to turn in, but when you are going 200MPH, the information we are getting from the minimap becomes useless. You cant see 1 full second ahead on the map and that is a problem.

agreed, the "ping" projects onto your retina...why not have your GPS do the same ... road line and direction indicators at left and right with a distance count down below the arrow to help you plan your move according to the situation. many things could be made, unfortunately looking at the traffic,pedestrians , and police all being terrible still I doubt that CDPR means to add "player enjoyment" updates.
between all the bugs,patches adding bugs,loss of the Sony store,millions in refunds,a major law suit,investigation by the Polish gov. ,loss of talent, and all the internal chaos all this is causing that we can't see...well this doesn't look very positive.

I literally logged in to forums to make this very same suggestion. It would be awesome if they could have a dynamic zoom. It makes sense to have the default view when you are going 5 MPH when you are trying to find exactly where to turn in, but when you are going 200MPH, the information we are getting from the minimap becomes useless. You cant see 1 full second ahead on the map and that is a problem.
Using the Mini-map zoom out mod, can tell you that, if the team would zoom out the map even by a very small degree, it would make the map very unstable, and erratic. That's on a high-end system. Think in order for low-end systems to be able to use the mini-map accordingly, they had to zoom it in like this. Else those systems would not have been able to play it.

That's the experience that I have. My map is zoomed out by 1 tick, and it's always struggling to load the roads and buildings on time, if it is able to. People could vote to move the centre-mark to the bottom of the map. Think that would be most feasible.

Using the Mini-map zoom out mod, can tell you that, if the team would zoom out the map even by a very small degree, it would make the map very unstable, and erratic. That's on a high-end system. Think in order for low-end systems to be able to use the mini-map accordingly, they had to zoom it in like this. Else those systems would not have been able to play it.

I would have returned the game in the first week had there not been a mini map mod. Once I got the MM map mod it in and a Driving mod and my own mod for key binding I LOVED the game. Played without any game stopping issues for over 150 hours on a WIN 7 low end PC with a GTX 970 graphics card...

1622756332244.png

That is a screen shot from my game with win 7 and the gtx 970 (see above).

Honestly I believe the high end PCs have more issues than the low ends from what I have seen on youtube. And with the right Nvidia settings (Med some high no junk like film grain or blur effects) my game still looks great. It is not the mod, and definitely not a slightly zoomed out mini map causing problems.

Last edited:
I'm not an expert at all, but from what i saw in game, it's not a "fixed" map like most of game. It seem "dynamic" for me, the map is loaded in "real time". That probably the problem of zoom out the minimap (like in Japan Town, it's always buggy).
But, I'm sure that will be fixed in a futur patch, maybe even in 1.3 :)

PS: Damn, I hope what I'm saying makes sense :(

People could vote to move the centre-mark to the bottom of the map. Think that would be most feasible.
Easy and best way to do it, in my opinion :)

I would have returned the game in the first week had there not been a mini map mod. Once I got the MM map mod it in and a Driving mod and my own mod for key binding I LOVED the game. Played without any game stopping issues for over 150 hours on a WIN 7 low end PC with a GTX 970 graphics card...

View attachment 11222366

That is a screen shot from my game with win 7 and the gtx 970 (see above).

Honestly I believe the high end PCs have more issues than the low ends from what I have seen on youtube. And with the right Nvidia settings (Med some high no junk like film grain or blur effects) my game still looks great. It is not the mod, and definitely not a slightly zoomed out mini map causing problems.
Glad it works for you. Lowering or raising graphics in my game doesn't improve the mini-map. Only when it's zoomed out by 1 tick, it loads everything slow. Zooming it out max, it doesn't load anything at all. Have gotten used to 1 tick zoomed out, so it's fine.

CDPR should just move the centre-mark to the bottom of the map. That would give players ample time to see, and react to turns, while leaving the map in its default zoom.

I gathered from another thread (sorry, I can't remember which one) that the problem with the mini map is that it wasn't a simple fix because it is actually a representation of what is currently actually rendered around the player. Therefore to zoom it out would require more area to be rendered and would cripple most machines. The suggestion was that the entire mini map system would have to be rewritten to make it a separate flat map.

I come back a little on what I said, the best it would be to remove it in vehicle (entirely), for the profit of a system like in "The Beast in Me".
It would solve a lot of problems, especially for new players.

If you don't know well the City and if you go from quest to quest in vehicle :
- You miss every turn, crash into a wall or run over pedestrians, so the police are stalking you... The driving is horrible and the traffic is shitty, I crash in cars all the time (because obviously I'm not looking at the road but the minimap...) The Cops are very annoying...
It's a real shame because when you know where you go, it's pretty fun.
- The worst for me, you don't see Night City... You spend your time watching the minimap... Yeah, Night City is not too beautiful...
I don't gonna lie, it's a also real shame, Night City deserve to be admired.

For players like me who mostly walk and who are starting to get to know the city well, that not too important. But it would also be really really good.

Last edited:
I gathered from another thread (sorry, I can't remember which one) that the problem with the mini map is that it wasn't a simple fix because it is actually a representation of what is currently actually rendered around the player. Therefore to zoom it out would require more area to be rendered and would cripple most machines. The suggestion was that the entire mini map system would have to be rewritten to make it a separate flat map.

Read this: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...zoom-out-while-driving.11044511/post-13105283

So no, it is not that big a deal. (that is fixing the situation with the existing tec in the game).
However Bartinga2077 suggestion would probably work as well if not better.

Top Bottom