minimal fix i want. [Spoilers]

+
1. I would like to change the remaining survival time Victor said to be 6 months, not weeks.
: Because V, who goes to solve another quest in a situation where he doesn't know when he will die, hurts the sense of immersion.

2. 3rd person support when walking on the street
: I would like to have a system that automatically changes to the first person view when doing battles, quests, and conversations.

I don't want to seem "pessimistic", but :

1-If you don't skip time too much, the whole game take few weeks "in-game" (about 4 hours RL per day in-game).
2-It's a first person game, announced and sell as "only" in first person view. And more important, nothing in the game is intended to be played in the third person view. So I'm afraid that the third person view could never be available.

But anyway, it's only my opinion :)

Yeah i'm afraid the 3rd person can't really be considered camera feature. That could be easily brought in from W3 if anyone had that intention. But 1st person is ingrained in every aspect of game - the whole city is filled with narrow alleyways, low overpasses and walkways, dense interiors and small details like screens, notes, textures. All interactions and cut-scenes focus on you, having full 360 degree layout. Brutally switching it to 3rd person would just ruin it. You'd loose 1/4 of all cut scenes to create "stage". You'd miss many small detail. You'd be constrained to very limited viewing angles or clip trough walls. Etc.
And that's why you have it on roads, because they are wide, open large scale structures that work well with 3rd person.

I don't want to seem "pessimistic", but :

1-If you don't skip time too much, the whole game take few weeks "in-game" (about 4 hours RL per day in-game).
I do understand however where the TO comes from. 2 weeks sounds incredibly short for all there is to do, and that is even if you'd imagine pumping yourself full of stims or whatnot and that you're perfectly fine for those 2 weeks and then sudden have Elysium-effect happen :p
While I don't view it as much of an issue anymore since I've pretty much forgotten about that timespan (and I certainly dont play like it) I do understand.
2-It's a first person game, announced and sell as "only" in first person view. And more important, nothing in the game is intended to be played in the third person view. So I'm afraid that the third person view could never be available.

But anyway, it's only my opinion :)
At least not officially, true enough. In time some modder, or group of modders will make the 3rd person view thing work properly ;)

I do understand however where the TO comes from. 2 weeks sounds incredibly short for all there is to do, and that is even if you'd imagine pumping yourself full of stims or whatnot and that you're perfectly fine for those 2 weeks and then sudden have Elysium-effect happen :p
While I don't view it as much of an issue anymore since I've pretty much forgotten about that timespan (and I certainly dont play like it) I do understand.
If I remember, Viktor don't say exactly 2 weeks, but few weeks, at max.
So the whole game feet quite well in this time lap because it is especially "vague" :D
(obviously not if you skip time like me for buy "good" clothes or other stuff...)
At least not officially, true enough. In time some modder, or group of modders will make the 3rd person view thing work properly
Maybe, possibly, certainely. With mods and passionate/talented modders (and time), all is possible ;)
But until now, not everything I have seen has been "glorious". Certainly due to the fact that nothing is planned/intended at all for that in the game :(

Last edited:
If I remember, Viktor don't say exactly 2 weeks, but few weeks, at max.
So the whole game feet quite well in this time lap because it is especially "vague" :D
(obviously not if you skip time like me for buy "good" clothes or other stuff...)
well, timewise it may fit, but it still sounds massively short, and I gues its that perception that kills it.
Luckily I use headcannon in ... strategic places :)
Maybe, possibly, certainely. With mods and passionate/talented modders (and time), all is possible ;)
But until now, not everything I have seen has been "glorious". Certainly due to the fact that nothing is planned/intended at all for that in the game :(
True enough.
I also am not intended nor interested to use a lot of mods or anything myself, but with millions of players there's millions of desires. And the TPP is a much asked one so it'll probably be created at some point.
And also dont forget abilities are limited still with no proper tools at disposal.

1. I would like to change the remaining survival time Victor said to be 6 months, not weeks.
: Because V, who goes to solve another quest in a situation where he doesn't know when he will die, hurts the sense of immersion.

: I would like to have a system that automatically changes to the first person view when doing battles, quests, and conversations.
A lot of us would like some version of those two things. I'm pretty sure that neither will happen, at least not officially.

The third person view would require that CDPR massively rework the animations for V. The attempts by mods creating third person have been brilliant, but they also have demonstrated that the animations simply aren't in the game.

I doubt that they will change the pretend survival time, although that could happen. I just ignore it. For my characters, the whole "Johnny" thing is just a feedback glitch in their cyberware, and there is no survival deadline at all. It's not an ideal solution, but if the game is going to present an idiotic portion of the story line, then I feel free to ignore it if I can. And in this case, since there is nothing in the game that kills the character after a certain number of days, I can ignore it.

well, timewise it may fit, but it still sounds massively short, and I gues its that perception that kills it.
Luckily I use headcannon in ... strategic places
In fact, for me what "helped" is that V will probably have to fight again against Arasaka or "strong" forces at least. Like after The Heist, V have almost nothing (theoretically, unless you've spent your life in Watson before).
So I don't know if that makes sense in English, but in French we could said :
Against Arasaka, you don't go with your c.ck and your knife !
Implied: it will not be easy, it is better to be well prepared before. So earn money, buy Cyberwares, maybe find allies/friends, good stuff,...
Edit : And I have an innate gift for forgetting any sense of urgency in a game and going about futile occupations. That's help a lot.

And for TTP, I have no doubt with mods. But in vanilla for console players, I think it's already "dead". You might as well forget it right now :(

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Unless there are some leftover files with TPP animations remaining in the game, probabilities of modders creating ones from scratch are only theoretic.
I remember how challenging it was and long it took for modders to find a way to add new animations for Geralt in TW3. Animations that were already present in the game.

In fact, for me what "helped" is that V will probably have to fight again against Arasaka or "strong" forces at least. Like after The Heist, V have almost nothing (theoretically, unless you've spent your life in Watson before).
Which is what I did :)
Spend like 50 hours roaming and clearing Watson before I started the heist. So to me the 2 weeks survival, I ignore it pretty much the same as @Spockprime .
So I don't know if that makes sense in English, but in French we could said :
Against Arasaka, you don't go with your c.ck and your knife !
Implied: it will not be easy, it is better to be well prepared before. So earn money, buy Cyberwares, maybe find allies/friends, good stuff,...
Edit : And I have an innate gift for forgetting any sense of urgency in a game and going about futile occupations. That's help a lot.
Seconded.
And for TTP, I have no doubt with mods. But in vanilla for console players, I think it's already "dead". You might as well forget it right now :(
Unless they manage to get Sony to make them the same deal as Bethesda did like with Fallout 4 then at least some mods could be worked in using ingame resources. And I believe that all that has or even can be done at this I reckon. But yeah...
As I play on PS4 the most by a long stretch, I feel the same pain.

A third person would be amazing imo!
A few weeks ago I was talking with a friend of mine about something more like the God of War camera mode...
When we're playing on first person, the melee animations are majestic, imagine a Sandevistan scene with a katana, it would be a cinematic combat! I beleve in a third person mode while on foot, we already have it when using vehicles btw... An animation rework would surely be necessary since there's no body animations (just look at v's shadow when using a blade lol), but it would be an awesome fan-service fused with the unique feeling to actually see your character walking around Night City, and since CD claims they're listening to everyone, it would bring the game back to where it should belong!

I feel that fake time limit hurt my enjoyment of the game. I've seen treads where players have not touched some of the content. the stuff with Kerry is a prime example because it happens late the the game.

The first I played, I pushed the main story because I thought I had to. When I realized it didn't matter, I restarted about half way through and played more slowly doing the side quest and gigs I passed up. (plus I had picked several perks that were broken or stupid, I don't know how many high price "junk" I auto scraped)

Unless there are some leftover files with TPP animations remaining in the game, probabilities of modders creating ones from scratch are only theoretic.
Someone has fixed the wide shoulders problem for TPP mods by adding a new animation, But it also affects the FPP and it makes it look really bad.

Top Bottom