Minimum system requirement issues

+
Does this also work with the Witcher Demo? I tried the same thing but continue to get minimum requirements not met. I have a MacBook Pro running Parallels, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.5GHz, 4GB memory brand new. I am afraid to buy the game and have the same problem.

RabidPenguin said:
Does this also work with the Witcher Demo? I tried the same thing but continue to get minimum requirements not met. I have a MacBook Pro running Parallels, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.5GHz, 4GB memory brand new. I am afraid to buy the game and have the same problem.
that switch was added in patch 1.2, the patch only applies to the full gameyour system specs are enough to play the game anyway, but not through Parallels ( which is a virtualisation software ), but through BootCamp, with a real Windows installed on a real partition.

when i first got The witcher i was running windows xp, the game ran fine. i switch over to vista and i cant play it it says minimum spec not reached when i know that my rig is better than the recommended, why is this, please help

Did you refresh your system rating?Right Click on "Computer"> Click Properties> Check the system rating information, and click refresh.

Just updated my score i got 5.5 out of 5.9, if thats what you ment. but unfortunatly i had no luck, im not so sure vista was a good idea. thanks if you have any more ideas i will be more than willing to try them out

i cant find where im supose to type in ( –dontForceMinReqs) im not technically minded i only know how to install games and the like. can someone please explain in more detail for me its so frustrating not being able to play a brilliant game i have pleyed before on this rig only with a different OS please help

jimmyfofo said:
i cant find where im supose to type in ( –dontForceMinReqs) im not technically minded i only know how to install games and the like. can someone please explain in more detail for me its so frustrating not being able to play a brilliant game i have pleyed before on this rig only with a different OS please help
first get Patch 1.3, since patch 1.1 and 1.1a don't have this switchinstall patch 1.3go to the folder where the game in installed -> The Witcher -> System -> right-click on witcher.exe -> Send To -> Desktopnow you'll have a desktop icon -> right click on it -> Properties -> in the field that says:
Code:
"\The Witcher\System\witcher.exe"
add that switch, so that the line would be:
Code:
"\The Witcher\System\witcher.exe" -dontForceMinReqs
is the folder where your game is installed, eg: c:\Program Files\ or something, don't write the text

ok well ive tried almost everything to get this game to work, downloaded patch 1.3, applied the switch, and now it comes up with "the witcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience." i have no idea where to go from here.

ethana said:
ok well ive tried almost everything to get this game to work, downloaded patch 1.3, applied the switch, and now it comes up with "the witcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience." i have no idea where to go from here.
do read Getting tech help on the forum and do post your PCWizard report as instructed by the link

ethana said:
ok here it is
Apple Mac? nicebut the video card does not support the functions needed by this game, sorrya video card from nVidia or ATI would do, but since this looks like a laptop, a video upgrade is not currently possible :(

so I believe that I meet the requirements for this game1 But its saying I don't even meet the minimum requirements!

Low dedicated memory is a problem?...well, I find I have "0" Dedicated Memory score (and 512MB graphics memory and 1791MB total available memory)Do I have a settings problem? Any advise, please? My Vista "gaming graphics" score is 4.0, but Witcher required 5.0 and so won't run.Am using 4MB memory system with VisionTek Radeon X1300XGE.Thanks!

first said:
Am using 4MB memory system with VisionTek Radeon X1300XGE.
get at least 256Mb of dedicated memory, anyway don't expect any miracles, it will run at 800x600 with LOW settings

first said:
Low dedicated memory is a problem?...well, I find I have "0" Dedicated Memory score (and 512MB graphics memory and 1791MB total available memory)Do I have a settings problem? Any advise, please? My Vista "gaming graphics" score is 4.0, but Witcher required 5.0 and so won't run.Am using 4MB memory system with VisionTek Radeon X1300XGE.Thanks!
Real simple. The minimum is the Radeon 9800, with which a gamer would expect low settings, low resolutions, and occasionally slow animation. That card has a 40% speed advantage over a mere X1300, as you can see here: http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=31&card2=349I would think that the last appraisal you were given would be overly generous, and that puny video would have to run at no better than 640 by 480 to have halfway smooth animation through a greater part of this game!

I am getting this message as well and I do not have Vista, I have XP with all the system requirements. I guess I have a similar problem but how do you find your "dedicated Memory"

Top Bottom