Minimum system requirement issues

+
stefanolaterzagmailcom said:
This sucks. How can the damn game all of a sudden stop working? Now I am stuck playing in 1400 resolution and it looks/plays like crap. Just wondering what changed that caused this game to stop working? Strange how another Bioware game (Dragon Age character creator) that was installed just a few days ago caused the game to stop working...
this means that something else is at faultread: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder

Okay, I fixed the issue. What happened was that my remote control software (www.LogMeIn.com) had a "LogmeIn Mirror Driver" that was set as "default" under Device Manager. When I ran PCWIZARD2009 I noticed that it used that Driver as my video card. I then removed that driver from Device Manager and solved my problem.THANK GOD I don’t have to run the game under the 1440 resolution as it LOOKS AWESOME at 1920. Thanks so much for your help as I was getting a bit depressed that I could no longer play this awesome game. Totally ruined my weekend, but now I am back on track :)Thank you!

stefanolaterzagmailcom said:
Okay, I fixed the issue. What happened was that my remote control software (www.LogMeIn.com) had a "LogmeIn Mirror Driver" that was set as "default" under Device Manager. When I ran PCWIZARD2009 I noticed that it used that Driver as my video card. I then removed that driver from Device Manager and solved my problem.THANK GOD I don’t have to run the game under the 1440 resolution as it LOOKS AWESOME at 1920. Thanks so much for your help as I was getting a bit depressed that I could no longer play this awesome game. Totally ruined my weekend, but now I am back on track :)
yep, this is not new, Ultravnc had a Mirror driver that did this too :hmmm:

The Game Worked Fine When I Had Windows XP . Now All I Get Is "Warning! Minimum System Requirement Not Met" I Have The Witcher Enhanced Edition 1.5 patched. Look At Attached File For My Computer Specs. It Should Work Please Help. System Summary >>> > Mainboard : Asus EMERY2 > Chipset : Intel i945P > Processor : Intel Pentium D 940 @ 3200 MHz > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (4 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM ) > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE > Hard Disk : WDC (250 GB) > Hard Disk : WDC (250 GB) > DVD-Rom Drive : ASUS DVD-E616A2 ATA Device > DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652L ATA Device > Monitor Type : Hewlett Packard HP vs17 - 17 inches > Network Card : AR5006X 802.11a/b/g Wireless Network Adapter > Network Card : 82801G (ICH7 Family) I/O Controller Hub LAN > Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Professional 6.01.7600 (x64) > DirectX : Version 10.00 > Windows Performance Index :

Okay so I just got my game, I have been trying for a couple hours as of late to get the game to work, but everytime I click on Launch Game... The disk spins, but then a little box pops up and says "Warning! Minimum system requirments not met!" I am not a huge computer person, so I have no idea as of what I am missing, or anything. So please help, I would love to get my game working soon

angelXXsanies said:
Okay so I just got my game, I have been trying for a couple hours as of late to get the game to work, but everytime I click on Launch Game... The disk spins, but then a little box pops up and says "Warning! Minimum system requirments not met!" I am not a huge computer person, so I have no idea as of what I am missing, or anything. So please help, I would love to get my game working soon
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 upgrade your game, remove TAGES, remove the requirement warning, play

Hello all,I have the Limited Ed of the Witcher which i havent played for awhile, it worked fine on my old xp system. I thought id give the Enhanced Ed a try and installed the game on my 64 bit vista computer which definately passes the requirements for the game. Even before i patched the Enhanced Ed in i couldnt run the game without the -dontForceMinReqs command. Ive since patched it to 1.5 and removed TAGES and still need to use -dontForceMinReqs to get the game to run but i cant up the resolution higher than 1440x900 and i cannot move the texture quality slidebar higher than the lowest setting. In fact if i try i end up with a number like -100000 or - 1.#IND kind of error but it doesnt change anything. The new improved textures for characters such as the sorceress do not appear as per screenshots ive seen either though thats probably because of the texture setting?Ive clean installed the latest Nvidia Display and Chipset drivers but still no change :( Not sure what to do as the Minimum system requirement error doesnt actually give any clue as to what is failing it and there is no errorlog.txt in my Witcher directories.Ive attached my 64bit Dxdiag and hope someone can spot whats wrong, if there is a conflict or something as ive been trying to sort this out for the last couple days and pretty much read every thread i can find on this common problem.Hope you can helpCheers

Hello Licaon_KterHere is the PCWizard report for hardware/video.Hope this helps. I used 2010 version.Cheers!

karasus said:
Here is the PCWizard report for hardware/video.Hope this helps. I used 2010 version.
strange, get the latest DirectX too: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=04ac064b-00d1-474e-b7b1-442d8712d553#tm

strange, get the latest DirectX too: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=04ac064b-00d1-474e-b7b1-442d8712d553#tm
Installed the DX and still the same, i didnt have too much hope as im sure i did this the other day when i was trying to work out what was wrong :( Im guessing nothing stands out in the PCWizard log? Thank you for trying though!

Hi,I just bought this game and I have a problem, after I installed the game I received an error message telling me that my computer does not met the minimum requirements to work.My computer configuration is the following:Sony VAIO VGN-SZ770NIntel Core 2 Duo T9300 @ 2.5 ghz4 Gb RAMWindows Vista w/last Service packGraphic card NVIDIA GeForce 8400 M GSIn the box says that the requirements are:Windows XP/VistaIntel Pentium or Athlon1.5 gb RAMNvidia GeForce 6600So could somebody explain me please why I am receiving this error message?thank you for any help. :)I already download the patch to 1.5 version-------------I just installed the game on a Macbook unibody inside a virtual machine with VMware and windows Vista Ultimate Edition and it works, so why the can't works on the Sony VAIO in the native windows and better configuration than the minimum requirements? ???

Hi Mik@`el thank you for your help, I already visit the topic you said and tried the -dontForceMinReqs when i start the game but the result is the same :(the most frustrating thing is that Atari support service does not exists at all.

dyohanan said:
I just bought this game and I have a problem, after I installed the game I received an error message telling me that my computer does not met the minimum requirements to work.Graphic card NVIDIA GeForce 8400 M GS
nVidia 8400MGS is not better than a nVidia 6600GT: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Video_cardsread the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and update the game to patch 1.5 and remove TAGESthen retry

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
I just bought this game and I have a problem, after I installed the game I received an error message telling me that my computer does not met the minimum requirements to work.Graphic card NVIDIA GeForce 8400 M GS
nVidia 8400MGS is not better than a nVidia 6600GT: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Video_cardsread the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and update the game to patch 1.5 and remove TAGESthen retry
Licaon_KterThanks for the help, but the result is the same with the TAGES removal, so I think I have to sell the game :(

hi im trying to run this game on windows 7 but it keeps saying minum requirements not met... 3g ram 2.6 processor g45/g43 express chip set but it wont run i have patched all the way up as well as gotten enhanced verison

"hi im trying to run this game on windows 7 but it keeps saying minum requirements not met... 3g ram 2.6 processor g45/g43 express chip set but it wont run i have patched all the way up as well as gotten enhanced verison"Everything looks good.............except your video chip set !!!!!!! the g45/g43 chip set is integrated on the board, you need to up grade to a video card. I had the same problem with the computer I purchased in Dec. Bought a geforce 210 for $68 at best buy. I know its not the greatest card but The game runs well and the game rocks!!!!!!

Hi, i seem to be having similar issues with this game. I bought it off of steam and get the minimum system requirements error. I have tried quite a lot of different ways suggested, but i really cant seem to get it to work. If anyone can help at all i would be very grateful. Hopefully i have attached a dxdiag check if that will help.Thanks

Top Bottom