Minimum system requirement issues

+
Same problem have sony vaio laptop with geforce 8400m-gt which has 64mb dedicated ram and game requires 128mb.So dear devs please release a fix for this stupid problem :( We payed money for the game which we cant play now.

RusNugget said:
Hello, same problemI can't run the game too, I have Sony Vaio SZ4MRN/B notebook withCore 2 Duo 1.8Ghz CPU2GB RAMVista with latest fixesGeForce 7400 GPU which uses shared memoryAnd the game says - System Not Met Minimum Requirements!Developers, please fix it!!! or provide the option to switch off such checks.
Hey :), maybe you can try to get WinXP installed somewhere on your disk, I am playing without problems on VAIO SZ2XPand thats Intel Core Duo2 GB RAMGeForce 7400runs fine on 800x600 and even on 1280x800 (however the fps drops a bit ;D)

Here is my little story, hope it will help some of you.I have an intel 3.8 Ghz HT with 2 gig of ram and an ATI X800 pro 256 MB COnnected to a 42 inch plasma tv.Today i decided to install The witcher on it. So i updated my video driver to the latest release (Catalyst 7.10). Then, I installed the game and patch on it. Started, intro went fine but, to my surprise, i couldn't see the Menu. I guessed where to click (with sound in the menu) i got it to start a new game. Same problem, no HUD, and screen mostly black. So, after looking at the board, i decided to try out the Omega drivers. (Drum roll) TADAAAA "Your system does not meet minimum requirement". What ?? With the ATI driver i could start it but couldn't see nothing and now, with Omega, i dont meet the minimum requirement ??? Oki, so changed my driver again, this time, i used Catalyst 7.06. Same problem, not meeting the requirement. Soomething is wrong here.The problem was cause by me and only me..... And i should had know better. What i did wrong, was installing drivers on top of the old one. Here is what i have done and what you should try tp fix it.Go into control panel -> Add remove program and, uninstall any video drivers reference, either ATI or any third party. All of them. Then reboot. At window start, you will have windows popping saying that it found new hardware. Click cancel on all of them. Then, install your latest video driver. Reboot again, set color depth, resolution then, explore your The witcher DVD and, go in the Directx folder and run the setup.After that, run the game. If you are as lucky as i am, it will work nicely !!! What you got to learn here is, ALWAYS UNINSTALL DRIVERS BEFORE YOU REPLACE THEM :)Good luck and have fun !!

Some of you are using integrated graphics cards. I'm pretty sure these might not work in the NWN2/TW engine.Integrated Graphics generally = 3+ yr old games only...

The published minimum VGA is a dedicated graphics card circuit board in the system at least as powerful as a Geforce 6600. There is no onboard chip that capable. None. The 7400 isn't that good, either. Remember, the generation number has no performance aspect to it. If the video device has a "550" or smaller performance level indicator in its name (trailing three digits), it's for charts, graphs, presentations, and spreadsheets, but not for games.

Sascha0810 said:
Sascha0810 said:
It doenst run! I have the same grafic card, and the grafic card has only 46mb dedicated grafic memory and noch 512mb!
Really? The specs claim 512 MB of dedicated video memory. What system are you running this in?

I have a different, yet possibly related problem. The game used to run fine. Then I uninstalled factory drivers and reinstalled omega drivers. Now I get the requirements message and the game won't run at all.

Aye, i had the exact same problem with Omega, and the strange thing about it, my desktop doesn't want to run with Omega drivers, i get the warning. When i remove everything and install factory drivers, no probs at all.But, on this laptop, i have to use omega. The drivers for my Ati Mobility X1400 are over 1 years old on gateway website.... But, i dont get the warning on this computer !! Go figure !

I've actually uninstalled Omega and went to the real old factory drivers for my laptop, but still the game doesn't want to work again. That same error keeps popping up. Now it The Witcher just doesn't want to run no matter what I do. I have the same exact graphics card as MOBIDOY.

Hehe dont worry, we will get it to work.... Go to the troubleshooting faq, you will see 2 procedures to remove completely old video drivers. You got to go go in your control panel, in add remove program then remove old driver files in a certain order... Go have a look, you wont be out of your fix for long !!!!

Thanks. I swore I did everything to remove old drivers (driver cleaner, add/remove drivers, etc). I'll take a look at the FAQ later on today and see if I can find a fix.

TheKiwi said:
The published minimum VGA is a dedicated graphics card circuit board in the system at least as powerful as a Geforce 6600. There is no onboard chip that capable. None. The 7400 isn't that good, either. Remember, the generation number has no performance aspect to it. If the video device has a "550" or smaller performance level indicator in its name (trailing three digits), it's for charts, graphs, presentations, and spreadsheets, but not for games.
Wee! /the/ graphics man from the NWN2 boards has joined in, the TW community is safe now. :DAlways nice to see familiar names.

Wherever you find decent CRPG programs, I'm likely to appear sooner or later. Some while back, Bioware (home of the official NWN2 forums) became inhospitable and unappreciative (at least Stanley the Woo-Woo certainly was), and I decided they could get along without me. Atari's forums are very slow, and I visit the NWN2 forums there only once a week or so.Meanwhile, my own laptops have never been assigned any graphics chores outside of their minimal ability to respond, and I have never chosen to spend the kind of money on one of those that would turn it into something it was never really meant to be. There are other laptop video driver options beyond the manufacturers and Omega. I haven't kept bookmarks for such sites because I don't bother with that for my own laptop (singular, just one, and it's pretty old). I can add a comment about why AMD/ATI and nVidia do not offer mobile drivers, however. Their partners in producing laptop video hardware enjoy far more freedom to make BIOS alterations on those, and an altered setup is less likely to work correctly with a standard driver.

Okay, so once again I reinstalled OMEGA drivers after cleaning out all drivers and the registry. Still I get the game not meeting requiremetns error. What's odd is that the game DID work on my laptop before. Now it doesn't anymore. Any advice?

Go in the unofficial faq, there is 2 link in the video drivers section for laptop drivers... Try to find something there that will work better then Omega. \PS: did you run Directx setup in the directx folder from Thw Witcher DVD after you installed the omega ?

Top Bottom