Minimum system requirement issues

+
Yeah, I followed your FAQ. Still no luck. It is just baffling me because the game used to work and now it doesn't. Hm.

Could you do a Dxdiag and send it to me... my email is on my profile. Or any other way to get it to me !

I am finaly back, here what i have found from your Dxdiag, i am not saying that this will fix your problem but, it wont do any bad....First, you have some problems with Directx:D3D7 Test Result: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8007000e (Out of memory)Maybe someone with a better knowledge then me could help about that.Second, your Synaptics drivers are very very old... go get new ones :)And third, you have a usb sound device.... Cant tell the state of those drivers but, just for troubleshooting purpose, i would take that away for a bit.Your system is almost exactly like mine, you do have more ram tho.You should go and find newest drivers for everything, chipset, touchpad, ect... If you are not sure about it, ask here, we can point you in the right direction.

Thanks. I'll try and find a place where I can get the drivers. Right now, I have all the drivers that Dell offers. Would that DirectX thing affect the game running though? None of those other issues sound like they should matter to the game as well.

New drivers for Synaptic can be find on the web.... Try to look for them with google.. Also, get the exact specs of your computer and find the new chipset drivers....And yes, the directx thing can be the reason why it doesn't work !! Maybe your video card is defective.... But, we will see about it laterLets try to update the rest first

getting same error minimum system requirments not met as everyone else. Here my system specs. tried the windows update fix on the official site did nothing:/ link to my computer model if you need further info http://www.powerspec.com/systems/system_specs.phtml?selection=B610Intel® Pentium® D Processor 930 OS genuine Windows Vista® Business System Board Intel D945GCCR System Memory 2GB composed of 2- 1024MB DDR2/667 DIMMS Hard Drive 250GB 7200 RPM DVD ±R/±RW Drive 18x Dual Layer DVD±R/±RW Drive Video Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 Sound Integrated 6 Channel Audio CODEC ALC883

Still no luck. =( Oblivion works fine (if not better with the OMEGA drivers). It's the only other new game I have to compare. Just this one doesn't seem to want to work any more.

Sent you the dxdiag. My biggest curiosity is why the game doesn't work all of a sudden when it once did. Do you think they'll be a fix in the patch? (if this is the same issue some laptop users are having.)

I dont know more then you do about the patch... I do hope that they will find something tho.I am only someone that has bought the game, made it past leo's burial, then, finding it so great, i decide to come on the forum and help others to be able to see what i have experienced for about an hour ! ****** Edit ******Well look what i have found there, in your dxdiag..... I have seen something about that in another post but i just cant remember which. Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (Omega 3.8.421) Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. (Omega 3.8.421) Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7145) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7145&SUBSYS_20031028&REV_00 Display Memory: n/aI think this is the reason why it wont meet the requirement, it cant see how many video memory you got....If someone know more then i about that, dont be afraid to jump in...

I think this is the culprit too. My directdraw is not detected and can't be enabled because of this, however when tested it works. I can't seem to find a way to fix it though. I've been through all the options listed on the microsoft site.

I got someone looking into it, he is helping me looking for a fix to that... will let you knowEDIT: Oki this might sound strange but i have found similar problems on other games board, the memory is not seen in the dxdiag.It says to disable netmeeting.Not sure yet if it is the service or the program itself, but i will keep on looking.

I think the problem is something to do with the registry. I did a system restore to the friday before this problem happened and my dxdiag is reading the total memory and directdraw information correctly. The Witcher didnt' work because of some other error but I'm reinstalling and I'll see if I'm good to go now.

Another case of video memory that is not detected can be check, DDraw and D3D may not be enabled . To check this please go to start and then run and in the open field type "dxdiag" and hit enter or Ok. When the DirectX diagnostic tool comes up and finishes running switch to the Display tab and make sure that the options DDraw and D3D say "Enabled" next to them.Here is the way to see if it is caused by netmeeting.1. click start > run > type "dxdiag" and click ok.2. click on the display tab on the top. If you look and where it says Approx. Total Memory: n/aThat means the fix will work for you, if it shows your memory I cant help.Now the real fix:1. Start NetMeeting thats Start > run > type "conf".(you might get a wizard, if so just click next all the way through.)2. On the Tools menu, click Remote Desktop Sharing.(you might get another wizard just click all the way through)3. Click to clear the Enable Remote Desktop Sharing on this computer check box.(If you got the wizard above earlier you will need to click on Tools > Remote desktop sharing to see this)4. Click OK.5. Quit NetMeeting.Also, if you have an onboard video but dont use it, look in your bios to check if it is disabled.Microsoft has some things to try to fix that too. Try what is in this link Last fix that i have found is thisQuote: The developers don't help us ,so I tried to solve this problem by myself. But for some reason,I could not post topics in Support Forums. So I can only post it Here.Now ,Follow meClick Start->Run,Type Regedit to enter Registry Editor.Then Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \\ SYSTEM \\ CurrentControlSet \\ Control \\ VideoIn this class,you can find some sub class like {C84A0178 - 28C2- 4D98-ACC1 -486446A5E108}or others.Don't Worry,Find Binary values named"HardwareInformation .MemorySize"Double click it and Mod the Value to:00 00 00 08(Means 128MB Video RAM).Do it like this!You may find some Values also named"HardwareInformation .MemorySize "Edit them all!Then Type DXDIAG in RUN,you can find your Video RAM changed to 128MB!Then: Insert the disc & Play the Game!Most of those come from NWN2 forum, The witcher is built on the same engine so.... try it out :)

The two games, NWN1 and NWN2, use different game engines. According to the CD Project Red references, Witcher uses the NWN1 engine, so I would be cautious about extrapolation from NWN2 over to Witcher. Test it out before publishing it. In the case at hand, the various onboard chips do not have either the power or the speed to run games of this caliber in at all a proper manner, not NWN2 nor Witcher. The fact that the game's launcher (in the case of NWN2 at least) detects the lack of 128 MBs of actual VRAM is a boon to them. They won't enjoy the game anyway.While I was still active there on that forum, there were some laptop owners (no laptops are supported for NWN2) with real video cards, just low power ones, with only 64 MBs of actual VRAM, also involved in the threads about laptops. But they also had low quality video processors (else they wouldn't have been Hypermemory/ Turbocache devices).

well i can confirm that some of them do have the video card to play it.... psd122 has the same video card then mine, his problem, is that his video card memory is not detected... But yes, its true, some will not benifit from this but it might save others !!!

Okay. I got my issue fixed. It wasn't the NetMeeting or drivers. Something happened when I was updating my drivers. Most likely, (actually I'm 100% sure..) I accidentally screwed up the registry on my PC concerning my video card. I did a system restore, reinstalled the drivers (without touching the registry, only using a driver cleaner) and the game works fast. DXDIAG is detecting 256mb for the Total Memory instead of the 'n/a' issue.Also, combining minor tweaks using ATI TRAY and Mobidoy's high performance suggestion, I'm getting about 40 fps in chapter one (as far as I got before the comp when cooky.)

Top Bottom