Minimum system requirement issues

+
hi, I hope I did this right...I followed the directions using PC Wizard, The Witcher wont work for me I am still getting the does not meet min requirements message. Can I use this game?

Even if you seem to meet the minimum requirements the game needs to have video card that can run at least Shader Model 2.0 This means an ATI or a Nvidia card. If you look at the nack of the box all the relevant info is there. Unsupported videocards are the S3 Colt and some more. Even if you have a processor that might seem to exceed the expectations you might still not be able to play this game - if it is an Intel Celeron or other notebook (laptop) processor that you have. An integrated videocard wtih 128MB of RAM won't cut it either - sorry...

thurauh1 said:
Even if you seem to meet the (edit: "rest of the") minimum requirements, the game needs to have a video card that can run at least Shader Model 2.0 This means an ATI or a Nvidia card. If you look at the back of the box all the relevant info is there. Unsupported videocards are the S3 Colt and some more. Even if you have a processor that might seem to exceed the expectations you might still not be able to play this game - if it is an Intel Celeron or other notebook (laptop) processor that you have. An integrated videocard wtih 128MB of RAM won't cut it either - sorry...
FYI, only the very newest onboard chips make any provision for actual dedicated RAM not borrowed from the main memory store (slow for video), and so far, I've not seen any MB producer taking any advantage of that option. The Mobile Radeon 9000 / 9100, TTBOMK, was an actual laptop video card, not an onboard chip, however, it is slow and it predated the SM-2 pixel shaders, and thus it cannot be used for modern games.

Will the Enhanced Edition have the -dontforceminreq command ? Cause it's the only way i can play this game. Apparently, it works with the 1.2 patch but not with the 1.3 one.That's why i'm asking about the Enhanced Edition.

hey fellasi need ur help!!! im running an AMD Turion 64x2 (dual processor) 3 GB of RAM. Nvidia 7150M graphics card with 1070MB of Mem. and direct X 10.00i contacted HP (pavillion dv-6736nr) and he said my machine is able to run the game..sooo ... i dont get why im getting the warning message say the system requirements arent met. and i exchanged the game and still the same error.i have vista and SP1 which has that hotfix. ive contact Atari with no response from a tech only a automated email saying itll b 7 to 10 days b4 i get any help. is there anyone that can point me to the right direction to get this game up and running? :dead: :dead:

Your graphics looks like it's an onboard chipset or something very low end, and is almost certainly the reason you can't run the game. HP support probably didn't really know what they were talking about when they said you could run it. You'll need a new graphics card, and I'd suggest another gig of ram while you're at it.

Here goes...A friend cant seem to post so I need to also he may need pokeing between posts for info.His computer meets the minimum requirements on the box for the game but the game wont start up saying it isnt meeting such requirements.

Obviously, then, the friend simply doesn't (yet) fully UNDERSTAND the meaning for each of the requirements. Send him here:http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_tech_help_on_the_forumMany people make the choice not to learn enough about their PCs to know what is what about the components inside of the towers. (I wrote that with a particular emphasis. Computers are so much simpler, and less difficult to learn about, than is commonly recognized. Many people USE them, but distrust and even feel a sense a fear about the machines, which isn't logical or reasonable, but my own oldest kid is that way.)

Kazimira said:
Here goes...A friend cant seem to post so I need to also he may need pokeing between posts for info.His computer meets the minimum requirements on the box for the game but the game wont start up saying it isnt meeting such requirements.
read the first post: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2528.0

Lord Faux was right about using 3D Analyzer to create a workaround that at least gets the game running so you can see what it is all about. However, the graphics are so rocky that it interferes with the gameplay and I can't even kill a decent opponent.

God i hope someone like me reads this... I knew i had more than enough for the system requirements to play this game. I tried all the possible the fixes offered, this damn post is the answer. unfortunately when i tells u what to put in the shortcut it's written as such; -dontForceMinReqs..... The most retarded part about this is that it works but unfortunately u need to capitalize the D that's all u need to do, i can guarantee that anyone who posted that just couldn't figure it out and knew they had the right stuff just needed to do that. I'm pretty upset all around that someone would post a fix for something that isn't even worked right, people trust the fixes that are posted and don't question stupid stuff like what needs to be capitalized. Ok i'm done venting XD sorry about that but it could've saved probably hundreds of people a lot of grief.To summarize: ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CAPITALIZE THE D IN -DontForceMinReqs. Thank you and good luck

I´ve installed the Whitcher - upgrade-downloadversion on an Laptop with Vista, 2GB ram, 2ghz DUO-Proc.Instead of starting the game the launcher gives me the Error message "Warning System minimum requirements not Met"...and the game ends up starting...Whats wrong with Vista now?

Top Bottom