Minimum system requirement issues

+
i hope this works, i use to play this on my xp(i melted the hard drive once :)) but i just got a vista and it says it wont work and i was like WTH, i really hope this works

mancalledhorse said:
Hello all. I have purchased The Enhanced Edition and it doesn't run on this 3+ yers old laptop. I am intending to buy a new laptop (has to be a laptop unfortunately due to limited space) but I'm CLUELESS when it comes to computers, hardware and specs. I am in the UK and was wondering if any players could recommend a laptop off the following site that would run the game? My budget is fairly limited so if anyone could help me find the cheapest that would run it I would be absolutely appriciative! Horseyhttp://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/AdvSearch/default.aspx?rewrite=gaming_laptops
anyone? :-\

Guys, i think i have the solution. The shortcut mentioned in the first post didn't work for me but i tried something else and it worked!In Vista use 'run' or in my language 'uitvoeren' under the start menu, and type in the following: C:\Program Files\The Witcher\System\witcher.exe -dontForceMinReqsSo without the "" and with a space between exe and -Or C:\Program Files\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\System\witcher.exe -dontForceMinReqs if you use the enhanced edition. If you've installed the game in another folder ('games' for example) use that path instead of 'Program files'.It works!Have fun,Rutger

First of all I'm new to this so I be patient if I make some mistakes.I recently purchsed the withcher enhanced edition and I keep getting the message "Minnimum requirements not met",I've checked the requirements and I thought I had met them.My computer is a Dell Inspiron 530Intel Core 2 Duo CPUE800 @ 2.66 GHz2.0 GB RamWindows XP Home Service Pack 3Direct X 9237 GB Free SpaceOnboard Sound CardNvidia GeForce 9600 GT OC With 512MB memory.Any thoughts?

That definitely looks like you meet the minimum reqs. Is there an option to continue anyway?Also, did it work before you installed the EE?

I never had the initial game. So it is a clean install of the EE.I only get the message Warning MIn req not metThen I select OK and then The Witcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for hte inconvenience.

So I looked around the forum and found a switch that enables the game to run. -dontForceMinReqs.This enables the game to run. I sent an email to tech support and hopefully they will be able to tell me what I am missing.In the mean time I can try out the game.

nedderdj said:
So I looked around the forum and found a switch that enables the game to run. -dontForceMinReqs.This enables the game to run. I sent an email to tech support and hopefully they will be able to tell me what I am missing.In the mean time I can try out the game.
your not missing anythingif it works with that switch you're fine :peace:

Do we need the 1.2 patch or can the newer 1.4 patch work as well for the don't force the minimum requirements ???Because the -dontForceMinReqs doesn't work when writing it in C:\Program Files\The Witcher\System\Witcher.exe...I know a lot of people are having this probelm, and because of it, I haven't even played the game and I bought it over a year ago.

ChrisWong said:
Do we need the 1.2 patch or can the newer 1.4 patch work as well for the don't force the minimum requirements ???Because the -dontForceMinReqs doesn't work when writing it in C:\Program Files\The Witcher\System\Witcher.exe...I know a lot of people are having this probelm, and because of it, I haven't even played the game and I bought it over a year ago.
so you have a shortcut to witcher.exe? make a scrrenshot of the properties for it, where you can see the patch and the restit should work on patch 1.2/1.3/1.4

I have installed The Witcher EE and the tage drivers 5.5 but I keep getting two different errors.Insert original game disc and System requirements not metmy computer has the following parts40gb IDE HDD Maxtor250gb Sata HDD seagatePioneer 215 Sata DVD BurnerAMD 64 Athlon x2 2100+Asus M2N-MX SE Rev 2.0Nvidia GeForce 7200 series 512mb4gb Kingston DDR2 667mhz500w Thermaltake P/SIt is all on windows XP home sp2I have all the latest drivers that i can get, but witcher still has them same problem.I thank everyone for any help they can provide.

You could try downloading Patch 1.5 and see if that helps. Since it's supposed to eliminate the disk check, that should get one of your problems solved.See this post for information about the patch: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=24724.msg529908#msg529908And this post for other useful information: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=24705.0

waynekerr5 said:
Nvidia GeForce 7200 series 512mb
this is not supportedupdate to patch 1.5read this: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2528.0 and set the game settings on LOW

Thank you guys for your help. I got it to work now. Sorry I did not reply moved to a new house and the computer was not working for a little while cause my brother dropped it when he got out of the car. Had to replace the hard drives, ram and DVD burner.[size=10pt]A wise man once asked "Why ask rhetorical questions if you do not want an answer?" to which a smart ass replied "To sound smart!"[/size]

Would these specs meet the minimum system requirements?Intel® Pentium® dual-core E5200 (2MB L2, 2.5GHz, 800FSB)Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1Microsoft® Works 92GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 2DIMMs500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™16X DVD+/-RW DrivenVidia GeForce 9800GTIntegrated 7.1 Channel AudioThanks! I really want to play this game (especially now that the console version is looking like it will never see the light of day), but I want to make sure that any PC I get will be capable of actually running it!

cathaylin88 said:
Intel® Pentium® dual-core E5200 (2MB L2, 2.5GHz, 800FSB)2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 2DIMMsnVidia GeForce 9800GT
yep, on HIGH, no AA, 4xAF, no DoF at about 1280x1024 ..your results may vary of course :)

I've been playing for a while, and suddenly today it says the system requirements are not met. I'm running an AMD Phenom 9550 quadcore 2.2ghz, 6gb ram, Nvidia GeForce 9800GT w/ 1gb RAM, 64 bit Vista, and have a Windows Experience Index of 5.7. Running 1.5.0.1304 version of the game. Like I said, it worked yesterday, but suddenly now it says my hardware isn't good enough. I tried rebooting but still doesn't work. WTF?

Paul108h said:
I've been playing for a while, and suddenly today it says the system requirements are not met. I'm running an AMD Phenom 9550 quadcore 2.2ghz, 6gb ram, Nvidia GeForce 9800GT w/ 1gb RAM, 64 bit Vista, and have a Windows Experience Index of 5.7. Running 1.5.0.1304 version of the game. Like I said, it worked yesterday, but suddenly now it says my hardware isn't good enough. I tried rebooting but still doesn't work. WTF?
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 on how to bypass this

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 on how to bypass this
Yeah, did that. It doesn't work."C:\Program Files (x86)\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\launcher.exe" –dontForceMinReqs(That's where vistx64 puts the installation.) Look right?Why did it work before then suddenly stop? I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Still doesn't work.

Paul108h said:
Yeah, did that. It doesn't work."C:\Program Files (x86)\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\launcher.exe" –dontForceMinReqs(That's where vistx64 puts the installation.) Look right?
read again, it's not launcher.exe ;)

Top Bottom