Minor bug with exp points in 1.21

+
Minor bug with exp points in 1.21

Just installed patch 1.21 via Steam, and loaded my two saves from different walkthroughs: one from 1.10, second from 1.11 - in both of them, Geralt had lvl 39 with 100-200/2000 exp points, main game and HoS completed.

And there is some glitch with exp points on both saves: Geralt is still lvl 39, but with 2000/2000 exp points. Any exp-productive encounter pushes Geralt to lvl 40.

So everything works fine, except wrong reading of exp points from old saves.

-------
Win 10 x64, Steam version. Previous saves were made on Win 8.1 x64.

Adry9

Forum regular
I had the same issue. Also Steam version and level 39. I hope this won't mess up my 120h save later on :S

Normal or weird with new patch ?

After installing the new patch my xp goes into minus it was on 2000 now it goes down every time i kill a monster is this normal behavior, i make a screenshot.

Does this mean i can level up now ?
Steam version btw.

Last edited:
Maybe the new patch introduces a Benjamin Button type of effect where Geralt regresses back to level zero by the end of the game.

I have exactly the same bug. Started with -2000/2000 and I was 2000/2000 before the Patch. I just "modded" the XP-Gain so I get 80% of XP from Grey-Quests, because well - all Quests I have are Grey at level70.

Can someone tell me if this is normal or not ?
@ Riven i dont have a hardware problem.

---------- Updated at 02:42 PM ----------

Yeah, the patch unlocked levels up to 100, you're at -1990 so you need to get back to 0 first ))

U have same problem ?

This is a glitch, which the RED Team is currently investigating. It is not a hardware problem.

I see thanks for quick anser i still contacted red with the support form like u said, also sended my savefile.
I must say my game is all vanilla no mods or anything.

Last edited:
I see thanks for quick anser i still contacted red with the support form like u said, also sended my savefile.
I must say my game is all vanilla no mods or anything.

I had an HD texture pack installed. In case that's relevant.

well ...we won't be able to level up, it seems that they only thought they fixed this when in fact the new patch actually created this kind of problems for some of us . Now, my suspicion is that it only goes back until zero, afterwards it starts going up normally , so if they don't fix it we will waste one level - basically we will have to level up to 71 twice .

well ...we won't be able to level up, it seems that they only thought they fixed this when in fact the new patch actually created this kind of problems for some of us . Now, my suspicion is that it only goes back until zero, afterwards it starts going up normally , so if they don't fix it we will waste one level - basically we will have to level up to 71 twice .

I hope this is not the case lol, someone from RED can anser to this of possible ? that would be good to know.

Well tbh if this is the case simply give yourself the 2.000 or so xp via console or cheat engine. I know some people aren't fond of those methods but that would actually be a valid option to check whether you are actually right or whether the problem persists. I'd try it out. I personally lost 1986 xp and that bugs me to no end, so I will get them back via cheat engine, simple as that.

considering how many reports are pouring with bugs over this forum i doubt they will fix it until tomorrow , i'm curios what on Earth can cause our XP bar to start displaying negative numbers ? :) , that bar should not even know about the existence of negative numbers

Last edited:
Well tbh if this is the case simply give yourself the 2.000 or so xp via console or cheat engine. I know some people aren't fond of those methods but that would actually be a valid option to check whether you are actually right or whether the problem persists. I'd try it out. I personally lost 1986 xp and that bugs me to no end, so I will get them back via cheat engine, simple as that.

Yeah but i never used cheats in games like these, fingers crossed they could fix this or it is already fixed, can someone here on the forums try it out with console command and see what happen ? i would appreciate it.

Alright sounds good lemme know what happens.

i have no issues in adding 2000 XP with a console command but don't have that mod installed that gives you access to the console, also, what's the command ?

Top Bottom