Minor things that majorly take me out of it

+

iCake

Forum veteran
Hey, guys!

I'd like to talk a little about a few minor things that bother me so much, I can't even believe something so seemingly insignificant can have such an impact. I actually didn't want to post this at all, these things being minor and all, but I can't find any other posts mentioning these, so I went with why not attitude here. In any case:

- I keep seeing names of NPCs pop up over their heads in both dialogues and when I'm just jpointing the camera at them. This is like how it was in the Witcher 3 and I'm guessing this is brought directly over from that game and it never bothered me in the good ol' "Wiedźmin", but in Cyberpunk 2077 it just kiils the mood right off. I mean you're having a conversation, looking at the one you're speaking with your own eyes, just like it is in real life and then, bam, their name pops up over their head. Sorry, what?

- The small dot "crosshair" is on the screen in conversations. Pretty much the same thing as above. Just takes you out. I am not even sure what the purpose of that crosshair is. Sure, give me one when I take out a weapon, but I don't need it when I'm just walking around, and especially when I am talking to someone

- Why is there no rear view mirror you can take a peek at when driving a car in 1st person? I mean that is especially strange when you think of those RT reflections the game optionally has. Now that use of reflections could be a practical one. I really wanted to drive my cars in 1st person, for immersion and all, but as it stands right now 1st person driving just gimps your ability to gauge your surroundings, sure you can pan your camera a little bit while driving, but that wouldn't even let you turn it far enough to actually see what's going on directly behind you.

- Speaking of RT, why doesn't V reflect like at all? I guess it's because you've got some trickery there going on with the character model, like maybe our V's are jogging around headless or something, or the animations are all off, but that didn't stop games like Wolfenstein to still include character reflection in RT reflections.

- Same thing about mirrors where you can see your reflection. Why is it not RT? The current approach is good for non-RT users and all, but it has such a low poly character model there, the hair is all aliased and kind of grainy and it is not reactive enough, you turn your camera a bit and the reflection "mirrors" that movement only a good second later. Not good.

Okay, that's about it. Probably sounds inconsequential to many of you and a bit ranty, but it is what it is for me and these things do affect my enjoyment quiet a bit.

Top Bottom