Minor tweaks you would like to see

+
Minor tweaks that you would like to see
(not referring to bugs) There's alot of post basically asking for a completely different game but what are some reasonable changes you would like to see in cp2077? Here's my list:

configurable survival mode option separate from difficulty. Hunger, thirst, sleep and hygiene. So eating, drinking, sleeping and bathing become necessary and more integral to gameplay

Realistic damage option for player and npc's intertwined with difficulty setting, npc accuracy would have to be lowered with this option on for game balancing

controller mapping or alternate control scheme so crouch is on RS instead of B/Circle (dodge and skip dialogue still mapped to B/Circle)

Higher more realistic top speeds for vehicles ( AI in racing and chase missions would have to be changed for this to work i'm guessing)

Manual transmission option (unlikely)

option to turn off crouching vignette

option to turn off camera auto centering when driving in first and third person

ADS zoom speed reduction for controller currently doesn't work (technically a bug fix but has been neglected so I felt worth mentioning)

Alternate UI color scheme pre-sets for hud, menus and map

flashlight

clean hacking screen option (No green filter)

V's dialogue/action response menu size scaled to custom subtitle size, currently v's dialogue menu size stays the same no matter the size you set your subtitles

alternate/better first person camera view for cockpit

Binoculars

untracking quest

Zoom in while in hacking screen with ads button

bumper view for vehicles

Animated gear/paddle shifter (highly unlikely)

Bigger degree of turning and steering radius for vehicles (unlikely)

Long sleeves showing in first person

Minor tweaks huh. Lemme see.

1) Small story change during the victor scene after the heist. Remove the 'a few weeks' statement by something along the lines of: "I have no idea how this might progress, it behaves like nothing I have ever seen."

2) flashlight mod for assault rifles, shotguns and submachineguns.
3) bigger magnification scope for Ashura

4) ability to untrack every quest (so effectively not being on a mission)

5) A survival mode 'difficulty' like fallout 4, where you must consume nourrishment and drinks aswell as sleep.

6) different color settings for snipers scopes. Now the high magnification scopes only have one specific color setting.

7) customizable vehicle skin (grom Claires garage)
There are quite some recolors already in the game that would already provide some good vehicle customizations.

8) option to display a route-navigation on the road (like used in races) this could be turned on/off in settings menu.

9) Ability to craft clothing in a desired color, rather the one specific color.
10) As one progresses through the crafting levels new crafting specs for mods unlock for higher rarity and replace the lesser versions. This should be changed so it ADDS them instead. (Ultimately allowing you to craft mods with any rarity.)

11) Neon rims and other neon ornaments for vehicles to be changed in color.
Also allow neon rims and bar for more vehicles.
(I'd love to slap 4 green neon bars under the bumpers and sideskirts of a Type-66 or the Mizutani for example)
12) Allow car tuning option for the purchaseable Mizutani to be transformed into the convertible version (MZ Targa)

And I'll leave there for now.
Okay... Maybe not everthing is 'minor' exactly.
But these are things I'd to play with.

Minor tweaks huh. Lemme see.

1) Small story change during the victor scene after the heist. Remove the 'a few weeks' statement by something along the lines of: "I have no idea how this might progress, it behaves like nothing I have ever seen."

2) flashlight mod for assault rifles, shotguns and submachineguns.
3) bigger magnification scope for Ashura

4) ability to untrack every quest (so effectively not being on a mission)

5) A survival mode 'difficulty' like fallout 4, where you must consume nourrishment and drinks aswell as sleep.

6) different color settings for snipers scopes. Now the high magnification scopes only have one specific color setting.

7) customizable vehicle skin (grom Claires garage)
There are quite some recolors already in the game that would already provide some good vehicle customizations.

8) option to display a route-navigation on the road (like used in races) this could be turned on/off in settings menu.

9) Ability to craft clothing in a desired color, rather the one specific color.
10) As one progresses through the crafting levels new crafting specs for mods unlock for higher rarity and replace the lesser versions. This should be changed so it ADDS them instead. (Ultimately allowing you to craft mods with any rarity.)

11) Neon rims and other neon ornaments for vehicles to be changed in color.
Also allow neon rims and bar for more vehicles.
(I'd love to slap 4 green neon bars under the bumpers and sideskirts of a Type-66 or the Mizutani for example)
12) Allow car tuning option for the purchaseable Mizutani to be transformed into the convertible version (MZ Targa)

And I'll leave there for now.
Okay... Maybe not everthing is 'minor' exactly.
But these are things I'd to play with.
Car customization would be cool but I'm guessing if they every did it, it would probably be minimalist.

Guest 4561861

1) Make it so your choices are actually followed. If the player chooses not to punch Thompson, Johnny shouldn't punch Thompson. If V chooses not to help Panam and also chooses not to rat her out to Saul, something should happen instead of just the quest stalling.

2) Don't lock out control of V. If the player decides V should be polite and stand when Oda arrives, it should be available.

3) Make a choice to refuse gifts, like you can with Mama Wells. Netrunner-knife throwing V has no need for iconic pistols from Kerry or River. Which leads to number 4.

4) Make netrunning viable in the scripted car chases. Don't automatically slap a pistol in V's hand when she never uses one.

5) Make the overheat quickhack set of fuel containers.

6) Take Johnny out of the Human Nature quest. Just a few minutes before V was pissed at him in Tom's Diner, in the car V says "Johnny, did you see that?" Come on, CDPR, the first instance of continuity being way off in this game.

That is all, for now. Oh! One more.

7) Let the player move around hud elements. I play on 4k, and when V is chasing Delamains around town, the signal indicator is huge and dead center sometimes I can barely see the taxi.

Okay, that's it.

"MINOR TWEAKS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE"

Would like the brakes of all the vehicles to be configurated back to 1.3, as it has now become extremely difficult to brake without the wheels blocking, even with the variable input buttons of the PS controller.

Would also ask for the mechanic that orchestrates forward drive, and reverse drive to be adjusted back to that of 1.3, as it now happens on too much of an occasion that you reverse inadvertently when parking or just coming to a standstill, as if there is no neutral setting in the gearbox.

After three times, auto Skip the long intro videos and splash pages on game start up. There is always the easy fix for this on all games (corrupt the video files and they will not play) but that is using a hammer when a fly swatter is needed.

I'd like to see exactly one very simple, easy change:

Make police response (who, how much, when at what wanted level) dependent on city sector and time of day.

For example:
-For areas like Kabuki the current system is pretty much okay.
-In North Side NCPD shouldn't react at all to one star, and very slow to higher wanted levels. No Police response during the night
-In Downtown police response should far more drastic. Zero tollerance.
-In Pacifica there should be no Police response at all (NCPD has declared that Pacifica is not part of Night City and therefor not their problem).
-In the Badlands police response should take ages, like 5 minutes before the first cop arrives. And it shouldn't be NCPD but either Militech or the Border Guard. NCPD isn't responsible there.

Do us all a favor and put this configuration in a .xml-file so it can be modded easily, we'll figure out a nice config in no time.

I mean seriously, you drive around North Side during the Night and some Scavs build a roadblock out of burning cars. They shoot anyone that comes close, just for sht an giggles. Not a Cop in sight.
You pick a fight with them, one stray bullet scratches a civilian and 3 seconds later the cops are there and immediatly attack you.

What takes me the most time and would like to see changed in the base game:
Clothing shop inventories.
  • Make all clothes available in shops always "available" (no longer appear randomly in a random version with a random ability/mod slots).
  • Ability to choose the rarity (depending on my level as currently).
  • Ability to choose the number of mod slots and/or the special ability that will replace one of the mod slots.
For example, I'm level 34 (epic clothes available in shop), I want an epic 6th Street EdgeRunner Jacket with +8% damage bonus on average/high threat enemies (which will replace one of the two mod slot).
So I go to the Arroyo's shop, clic on 6th Street EdgeRunner jacket, choose the epic version (common/uncommon/rare versions would be also available), then choose the ability that I want and it's done...

It would save me a ton of "skipping 24H" to finally end with the exact same result :)

What takes me the most time and would like to see changed in the base game:
Clothing shop inventories.
  • Make all clothes available in shops always "available" (no longer appear randomly in a random version with a random ability/mod slots).
  • Ability to choose the rarity (depending on my level as currently).
  • Ability to choose the number of mod slots and/or the special ability that will replace one of the mod slots.
For example, I'm level 34 (epic clothes available in shop), I want an epic 6th Street EdgeRunner Jacket with +8% damage bonus on average/high threat enemies (which will replace one of the two mod slot).
So I go to the Arroyo's shop, clic on 6th Street EdgeRunner jacket, choose the epic version (common/uncommon/rare versions would be also available), then choose the ability that I want and it's done...

It would save me a ton of "skipping 24H" to finally end with the exact same result :)
If you mentioned clothing... I would appreciate to have preview how the clothing piece look on the character before buying. Or even possibility to sell it back for the same price if it doesnt look how i expected.
Post automatically merged:

… and ability to choose color variant if iam crafting an item (weapon, shoes, jacket,…)

… and ability to choose color variant if iam crafting an item (weapon, shoes, jacket,…)
It depend, because most of clothes are "unic" with different names and I suppose, different IDs too.
You can't switch a 6th Street EdgeRunner jacket to the colors/textures of a Wraith one or an Old one (6th Street EdgeRunner jacket can only have the 6th EdgeRunner colors/textures). And the same for almost all the clothes :(

But a preview for clothes in shop would be great, for sur (like in the crafting tab).
And I agree about weapons (nothing change between two versions, only the colors). But only if it's possible when you buy or craft a weapon (loot stay "random" and iconic ones can't be "modified" when you craft them).

Last edited:
It depend, because most of clothes are "unic" with different names and I suppose, different IDs too.
You can't switch a 6th Street EdgeRunner jacket to the colors/textures of a Wraith one or an Old one (6th Street EdgeRunner jacket can only have the 6th EdgeRunner colors/textures). And the same for almost all the clothes :(

But a preview for clothes in shop would be great, for sur (like in the crafting tab).
And I agree about weapons (nothing change between two versions, only the colors). But only if it's possible when you buy or craft a weapon (loot stay "random" and iconic ones can't be "modified" when you craft them).
As far as the clothing that are sold or found around the world and at vendors I agree.
But why could crafting spec not be more generic?
For instance: Imagine I want a foldtop
we have several versions of it
Basic Polycarbonate Foldtop
Blauer Nebel Eazy-Breathe High-Alloy Sequined Foldtop
Camo Foldtop
Hardened Leather Foldtop
Mini Coolquit Foldtop

Why cant a crafting spec for such foldtop not just be a generic one that subsequentially allows you to choose in what color you want it.
I understand that technically its a bit screwy with nameIDs, tags and whatnot.
But personally I dont care real much.
I would be perfectly happy that it has a generic name (also to further offset a crafted item versus an "authentic" item.

Alternatively the crafting spec would lead into a dedicated type.
This could even be expanded upon that the available colors are based in what "authentic" version you've found previously.

Another example: Pozer Jackets.
Canine Power Hybrid-Stitch Pozer-Jacket
Carbon Triangle Graphene-Weave Pozer-Jacket
Lazrpunk Tungsten-Plated Pozer-Jacket
Melting Ceramic Membrane Pozer-Jacket
Synleather Carbon-Collar Pozer-Jacket
Torero Real Ultrareactive Laminated Pozer-Jacket
Valentinos Composite-Collar Suede Pozer-Jacket

(Apologies for the images. The wiki is a bit screwy)

As far as the clothing that are sold or found around the world and at vendors I agree.
But why could crafting spec not be more generic?
For instance: Imagine I want a foldtop
we have several versions of it
Basic Polycarbonate Foldtop
Blauer Nebel Eazy-Breathe High-Alloy Sequined Foldtop
Camo Foldtop
Hardened Leather Foldtop
Mini Coolquit Foldtop

Why cant a crafting spec for such foldtop not just be a generic one that subsequentially allows you to choose in what color you want it.
I understand that technically its a bit screwy with nameIDs, tags and whatnot.
But personally I dont care real much.
I would be perfectly happy that it has a generic name (also to further offset a crafted item versus an "authentic" item.

Alternatively the crafting spec would lead into a dedicated type.
This could even be expanded upon that the available colors are based in what "authentic" version you've found previously.

Another example: Pozer Jackets.
Canine Power Hybrid-Stitch Pozer-Jacket
Carbon Triangle Graphene-Weave Pozer-Jacket
Lazrpunk Tungsten-Plated Pozer-Jacket
Melting Ceramic Membrane Pozer-Jacket
Synleather Carbon-Collar Pozer-Jacket
Torero Real Ultrareactive Laminated Pozer-Jacket
Valentinos Composite-Collar Suede Pozer-Jacket

(Apologies for the images. The wiki is a bit screwy)
I'm talknig about a "minor" tweak :)
So for weapon it's way more easy, there is absolutely no difference (except the color). Maybe it's why katanas are "random" (baseball bats too) when you craft them (if nothing changed in 1.5). You can craft 10 katanas in a row, there is no difference except the skin.
For clothes no that easy... To take your example, you can't craft a VDBs Pozer Jacket (the green one) and choose the Valentinos colors (the red one). But it's the same for almost all the clothes in the games, there are, at minimum, 3-4 versions of the same but with different names, colors and textures.

Guest 4561861

Two more tweaks I'd like to see.
V's vehicle, whether owned or "borrowed," left where V parked it. It's frustrating to see it missing after a 2 minute NCPD mission, especially if V had a preem vehicle acquired at another NCPD mission.

Bug fixes of the bugs added in later patches. Panam acting like she's carrying carrying the sniper rifle when she's not, and carrying it when she actually isn't. Sound sources now coming from the side. Etc. Maybe that's not minor enough.

Top Bottom