Miscellaneous questions

+
http://i.imgur.com/LKmSzEr.jpg

cant really remember if you have to unlock the recipe first

Oh thank you, mine was the same look & same efffect but different names :/

---------- Updated at 01:02 AM ----------

I saw this video, and this guys are level 26 with used 39 points and more 32 unused points, how so? im lvl 7 and got exactly 7 used points and nothing more, does featured quests will ground me addition points?

here's the video:
[video]https://youtu.be/T4Q7k88LKZA[/video]

Important Witcher 3 Question(Achievement Hunting)

Alright guys i'm going to keep it simple. I started the game on the easiest difficulty ended up switching to the hardest difficulty a day latter (without restarting the game to get the achievement). Ended up beating the game thinking i was going to get the achievement... Didn't happen So I restarted the game last week on the Hardest difficulty (by the way its ridiculously hard the first couple levels) Somehow my difficulty was switched to the lowest difficulty and maybe played for 1 or 2 days before i realized what had happened
I'm inquiring on if i need to restart the game again? maybe go back to a previous save that was still on the hardest difficulty?
Any feed back would be greatly appreciated, however i'm banking on that i have to restart from the main menu.

I saw this video, and this guys are level 26 with used 39 points and more 32 unused points, how so? im lvl 7 and got exactly 7 used points and nothing more, does featured quests will ground me addition points?

here's the video:
[video]https://youtu.be/T4Q7k88LKZA[/video]

Having that many probably meant they were using debug mode, but you can get extra points by finding Places of Power and using them. One point per Place of Power. There are around 20 in the game.

I have reloaded the game and still could not select any ability. I uninstalled the game and then reloaded it and still cannot select an ability. I selected Fast Attack, pressed "E" and nothing happens. I can drag and drop a Mutegen. I select a slot (space) and still can not use any ability. I know this should be evident and easy since it seems that I am the only one experiencing the issue. Not sure if I can even complete the game without developing my character tree.

Alright guys i'm going to keep it simple. I started the game on the easiest difficulty ended up switching to the hardest difficulty a day latter (without restarting the game to get the achievement). Ended up beating the game thinking i was going to get the achievement... Didn't happen So I restarted the game last week on the Hardest difficulty (by the way its ridiculously hard the first couple levels) Somehow my difficulty was switched to the lowest difficulty and maybe played for 1 or 2 days before i realized what had happened
I'm inquiring on if i need to restart the game again? maybe go back to a previous save that was still on the hardest difficulty?
Any feed back would be greatly appreciated, however i'm banking on that i have to restart from the main menu.

if you want the achievement for the hardest difficulty, you NEED to start with that and NEVER change it during the run... it will always count the LOWEST setting you had on the related playthrough at any time.

edit: spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
can some 1 explain me about DPS oils?

i got some boss fight but i have no idea what type of monster he is, its a gryphon. so its hybrid or what?

Necrophage = ? ghul monsters like?
Elementa = ? wth is that, can't even think about something similar ?
Hanged Man's = this one the description explains everything
Hybrid = ? werewolf monsters like ?

No gwent cards from merchants/smiths and innkeepers?

Hi everyone,

for quite a long time, when playing in Velen and Novigrad, I got a gwent card whenever I beat one merchant, smith or innkeeper (for the very first time they offered a game of gwent). However, on Skellige this doesn´t happen anymore. I play for the first time on new islands, but I just win my 20 crowns and that was it. Is it intended this way or might this be a bug?

Cheers,

lead

You can only win so many random cards from innkeepers and merchants. Once you hit that maximum, you'll stop getting a card when you win.

Where do i download russian voice language pack & how to install it?

---------- Post merged on 01-07-2015 at 09:46 AM ----------

Is there any stash beside the extra weightfrom horse ?

Hi there! Maybe anyone know how disable autorun when I play with gamepad?

A workaround would be to keep your weight between 61 and your current limit (max 160), and to remove the saddlebags into inventory when you want to walk (drop them back onto Roach and have run back).

Not sure if this would be useful, as I use KB&M on PC, which has a walk toggle, but it may be better than nothing, and worth exploring anyway. (If you can't run after adding the extra capacity, then pick a herb, or a loot item, or drop and pick up one of your items ~ same applies to using Decoction or selling/dropping lots of loot ~ doesn't function correctly until you *add* some weight back.

A workaround would be to keep your weight between 61 and your current limit (max 160), and to remove the saddlebags into inventory when you want to walk (drop them back onto Roach and have run back).

Not sure if this would be useful, as I use KB&M on PC, which has a walk toggle, but it may be better than nothing, and worth exploring anyway. (If you can't run after adding the extra capacity, then pick a herb, or a loot item, or drop and pick up one of your items ~ same applies to using Decoction or selling/dropping lots of loot ~ doesn't function correctly until you *add* some weight back.

Thanks. But I am not sure of that. I want to find technical answer of this problem.

@Sirza who said:

"I have reloaded the game and still could not select any ability. I uninstalled the game and then reloaded it and still cannot select an ability. I selected Fast Attack, pressed "E" and nothing happens. I can drag and drop a Mutegen. I select a slot (space) and still can not use any ability. I know this should be evident and easy since it seems that I am the only one experiencing the issue. Not sure if I can even complete the game without developing my character tree. "

What are you expecting to happen ? With an increase in Fast Attack in the skill tree nothing "happens" other than you stats are buffed a little. Also, as far as I know E doesn't really do anything, unless you've mapped it of course. The only changes that will happen is when you unlock and apply Whirlwind, and then you hold down the attack button and you do some extra moves.

Having that many probably meant they were using debug mode, but you can get extra points by finding Places of Power and using them. One point per Place of Power. There are around 20 in the game.

I found 26.

6 In White Orchard,
6 In Velen, 2 In Novigrad.
9 In Skellige.
1 In Kaer Morhen
1 each In the other 2 regions.
Spiral and IoM

Plus the opportunity to eat another 2 in the second half.

Having more than that suggests using a mod (one of the "harder combat" mods seem to give two per level. (Which sounds odd to me), or the debug console).
By level 7, I usually have 17-18 skill points invested in vanilla game.

Last edited:
I found 26.

6 In White Orchard,
6 In Velen, 2 In Novigrad.
9 In Skellige.
1 In Kaer Morhen
1 each In the other 2 regions.
Spiral and IoM

Plus the opportunity to eat another 2 in the second half.

Dammit, Lieste - you've found five more than me. I'm going to have to go hunting.

So I'm just curious, and I LOVE this game, me and my girlfriend play daily at every opportunity, but on two occasions now I've fallen into a chest deep water puddle, or watering trough and since you can't use jump button I've been unable to get out and lost progress due to having to reload. Is this an intentional thing to make the game life like and dangers other than monsters/enemies, or is this a glitch that I've been unfortunately lucky enough to find twice where most never find it :)

Top Bottom