Missing Car Nomad quest to retrieve your car from the garbage tip

+
I went on the quest to retrieve my car from the garbage tip and when i got there the car was not showing up the quest marker was but the car was not there (screenshot enclosed) I have also noticed on some of the NCPD encounters i could hear the sound of the attacks see the victim but no attackers there. I have recently updated my drivers. I find it frustrating that this is happening. I have played through these section on older saves pre latest patch without these problems.

Attachments

• missing car.png
    missing car.png
    635 KB · Views: 93
For issues like these, my advice would be contact support via support site.

I encountered NCDP mission with victim visible, attack sounds playing but no enemy NPC's appearing with 1.3 on Xbox One X. Happened to just once in Japan town. There's no fix AFAIK, but submitting this to support would make them aware of issue and they might even have a solution for your issues.

I went on the quest to retrieve my car from the garbage tip and when i got there the car was not showing up the quest marker was but the car was not there (screenshot enclosed) I have also noticed on some of the NCPD encounters i could hear the sound of the attacks see the victim but no attackers there. I have recently updated my drivers. I find it frustrating that this is happening. I have played through these section on older saves pre latest patch without these problems.
1) You have any mods running to could interfere with rendering vehicles?
2) When you walk in the place where the Rattler should be, does something hold you back, or does the dialog option appear?
3) You happen to have a 'Windows Restore Point' of before you updated your drivers? If you do, could consider to roll them back, if you say that the issue didn't occur before.

For your info, using the Appearance mod, I can reproduce this issue, as some vehicles also have an invisibility appearance, that doesn't seem to have a collision registration. Though, thought that those were removed, but not sure.

This bug has been in the game since forever (although it was supposed to have been fixed in one of the patches). I just had it in my current playthrough. The general opinion for a workaround seems to be that in order to avoid the bug you have to do the quest pretty soon after it's given and not do too many intervening quests before you get round to it (to be on the safe side, none at all, just do it as the next quest as soon as you get it).

Top Bottom