Missing crafting diagram - Superior Wolven trousers

+

Juyo

Forum regular
I know without doubt that I've collected all the superior diagrams to craft the Wolven armor set, however no matter which armorsmith I visit, the Superior Wolven trousers don't show up as an option to craft, meaning I'm unable to complete the set to Mastercraft level for the bonuses. Playing on PC on a GOG version of the game with both expansion packs (although I've not completed the main game even once yet) - I'm back in Novigrad after the battle of Kaer Morhen, but the diagram has been missing from my collection since well before this. Is there any kind of workaround to solve this issue, would it be worth me trying to collect the diagram from the chest it was contained in originally? I've only found a few references to this issue and none of them seemed to suggest a fix or workaround that works - I've tried visiting different armorsmiths all over the world and have unlocked the mastercraft armourer in Crow's Perch, but not had any joy as yet.

Thanks

There‘s a similar thread here. But no idea, if it‘s helpful in your case:

Juyo

Forum regular
Thanks for linking the other thread, I appreciate it - I'd already read that one, and it didn't seem to provide a specific work around other than 'visit all the armorsmiths you've visited before, then go back to the mastercraft armorsmith', which hasn't worked for me so far. I'm planning on trying again in New Game+ to see if I can either reacquire the diagram, or if the issue fixes itself.

Another thing is to look at your filters in the inventory / trade screen. I've sometimes changed them without meaning to.

Since you're on PC, you could just use the console to create the diagram in your inventory again and see if that makes it appear in the armor smiths' lists.

Juyo

Forum regular
Thank you for the suggestions SigilFey, I'll try those - once I've figured out how to do the console thing!

Update: Filters weren't incorrectly set, unfortunately, but the console command worked, had no idea it even existed, so thanks very much :)

Last edited:
I've been looking for a fix to this as I've hit the same problem. Nothing fixing it although plenty of people reporting a similar issue. In my case, it hasn't affected any of the other pieces apart from the chest piece. I'm able the craft gloves boots and trousers. Not the chest piece, this applies to all the witcher gear. The witcher pieces I presume are all elements from the same chests opened during the treasure missions. I've just gone through the game for the second time in the + mode and I'll be dammed if I will start another just because of this bug. it is a bug because all the other gear is available and I've crafted it, gutted because the trousers have 4 slots and I presume the chest piece would too.

I've completely uninstalled all the game and expansions, but my save game requires the wolf school expansion to work. Totally gutted.

I am playing on Nintendo switch with both DLC and am currently playing Game + and suffering from the same issue.
Post automatically merged:

It turns out my game was one version behind. Reinstalling now. Will see if it makes a difference.
Post automatically merged:

It turns out my game was one version behind. Reinstalling now. Will see if it makes a difference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom