MIssing DLL's Windows 10

+
MIssing DLL's Windows 10

Have had the same issue over the last couple of days. Just bought Witcher 3. Installed Game and successfully played for a while. Logged off and logged back onto PC and received Missing MSVCP140.DLL error message. Researched on Web and found several entries. Tried to reload with DirectX and Redestribute but no luck. Reloaded Game and it seemed to work. Repeated same steps today and have more missing DLL's. Not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Missing .DLLs are a bit tricky. One, I would recommend against downloading .DLL files from the internet. It's VERY easy to disguise spyware/malware/viruses as a .DLL. Start by verifying the game cache (Steam) / validating the installation (GOG).

Install Visual C++ directly from the Microsoft website, and see if that clears it up.

Be sure you are running the game as an Admin. I would also recommend against installing any games to either Program Files or Program Files(x86). These are protected directories and Windows (especially new, un-optimized versions of Windows) can often restrict a programs access to system files (like certain .DLLs). For no apparent reason. It's just Windows. Being Windows.

If that's a no-go, see if the .DLL in question is in the game's directory and manually copy it to the Windows directory in which Windows seems to be looking for it.

Bah... It could be an overlay issue through either Steam or Galaxy, then. Try disabling those features through whichever you use, or create a direct shortcut to the game's .EXE and run from that (as Administrator).

I want to remove the error I get missing physx3common_x64.dll file and the program can't start on my WIn 10, how to solve that problem?

If I‘m not mistaken that dll is part of the NVIDIA PhysX physics engine. You might have to reinstall your NVIDIA driver Software.

After reinstalling the software, you can also do this just in case:

Top Bottom