Missing English voice over’s. Please help.

+
Missing English voice over’s. Please help.

I was playing the game fine yesterday, booted it up today and no voice over’s. I'm right in middle of the indecent proposal mission, right were you disable the catapult weapon. I’ve tried reinstalling my audio drivers as well as messing around with changing my speaker settings to stereo from 5.1, nothing works. I am updated to the newest patch (3.1) also.

Semi relevant system information:
XFX 780i motherbored.
REALTECH on bored 5.1 audio
Q6600 @ 3.0 Ghz
4 GB RAM
EVGA GTX460 in SLI
All drivers up to date.

Again I had no problems before today, I have been playing with the new patch for a few days with no issue, I had no crash or anything before this started happening and loading an older save does nothing. I’ve tried restarting the game and the entire computer. Other games, videos and music have audio just fine.

Any help would be must appreciated.
Thank you.

hello ,

I have exactly same problem as OP , same quest as well , all the audio thingie working fun only voice overs are gone , I can hear music , I can hear footsteps but when I speak with people there is no voice .

any help will be greatly appreaciated

thanks

try this: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/lost_dialog_sound_5_1_after_indecent_proposal_mission_help_please

I ended up fixing this myself by installing generic audio drivers....I don't have all the nice things the more advanced Realtek drivers had but now my sound works correctly in The Witcher 2.

And yes it was just the voice overs, the sound effects and music played as normal.

I don't really see this as a fix, more of a work around.

Realtek are as generic as they get, they provide audio/network/etc chips for many OEMs, maybe you're missing some fancy control panel but the driver is kinda the same

I have a problem with the sound, i don't wanna make a new thread, i ask here.
I have a on-board sound card, and a 5.1 system. When i start the game, all is fine, but when i click on any option to the main menu, the sound starts to "sound" from surround type to mono type sound. Or a stuffy type of sound. With my old 2.1 no problems.
So, it's my on-board card the fault or the game doesn't accept 5.1 native ?

I've been 'reporting' this issue since patch 1.1 - and exactly the same issue as yours. Audio issues always started in Loredo's Residence (at various points, but essentially once I entered the Residence, the audio issues were constant). No speech, then speech returns, then disappears again. Music and ambient sounds were unaffected. It's almost impossible that it's a driver or system issues because as you can see from my signature line, I have a soundcard with up-to-date drivers, and without any problems at all in all other games/movies, and even in this game, only seems to be a problem in Loredo's Residence.

*Edit: I just read the link recommended above (#4) and that confirms my suspicions. All this time I was being accused of lying, having a bad system, etc - I wish I'd seen that discussion before...

@Blaidd Gwyn: hope you reported where it matters: http://en.thewitcher.com/support/ (scroll down, press 'Contact Us' )

thanks for the tips , as others said it seems loredo´s place has some problem with talking , I finished that area and now I have another problem , now voice over works fine but music is gone

I have no idea what is going on here , funny thing is I finished this game once around two weeks after release without any of these problems , and now after updated to patch 1.3 I get them

LicaonKter said:
@Blaidd Gwyn: hope you reported where it matters: http://en.thewitcher.com/support/ (scroll down, press 'Contact Us' )
Nope, just dropped the typical hysterical complaints on the non-existent forums in June and July.

Top Bottom