Missing fmodex.dll file !

+
Missing fmodex.dll file !

Hello

i got the following problem, after installing the whole game. I lunch it and a message appear to me " The program can't start because fmodex.dll missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program again to fix problem".
i didn't installing the game again yet, but am afraid it is will not work. Do my anti-virus affect it, am using AVG right now.Also should i add my installation file to the exception of firewall?

Help me please ^^

Note:
i attracted the picture for the error window

I also use AVG and haven't had any problems with components going missing. You didn't click through any errors during the install, did you? That can cause files to fail to be installed.

fmodex.dll is a file that is provided with the game. (It's part of Firelight's FMOD audio library, which the game uses. There are several other DLLs beginning with "fmod" that are also provided.) It is installed "side by side", which means it sits in the game's bin folder along with the executable and other DLLs.

There is a new version of fmodex.dll that is distributed with the EE. If you patch, it should replace an old version found at the same place. If you installed a new copy of the EE, the new version should be there in the bin folder.

These are the properties I get for the fmodex.dll on my installation (GOG edition 2.0 patched to EE):

Thanks Guy N'wah for your reply...

actually i did not get any problem with installation it was so flounce. well i do understand that i can get the fmodex.dll file from the installation , but i did not get what you said about manually downloading it from EE.. what is EE? and here is a picture of all the dll files in my computer.

uaehunter said:
Thanks Guy N'wah for your reply...

actually i did not get any problem with installation it was so flounce. well i do understand that i can get the fmodex.dll file from the installation , but i did not get what you said about manually downloading it from EE.. what is EE? and here is a picture of all the dll files in my computer.

"EE" is Enhanced Edition. That's the most recent release of The Witcher 2. You can install it directly, or you can patch an earlier version of TW2. Either way, you should get the same fmodex.dll. You're not the only one who has had problems with this file, either; there are several reports similar to yours on the forums.

If that is the full contents of your bin directory, you have a really screwy installation. There are many files that should be there but I do not see them. That's another reason to suspect your installation failed.

i see....
okay then i will try reinstalling it again, but its really confusing me... sorry but this my first game in the PC and am kinda confuse of the number of files. I will reinstalling it and come again if it continue with me.

could you please link to me some topics as you said its similar cause i did not find ^^

thanks a lot dude

Searching on "fmodex" turns up several; however, none has a solution. The majority of problems seem to be with French and Russian editions, oddly enough. I see the dates on your list are in Eastern Arabic, YYYY/MM/DD; what edition of the game did you get?

OH man i hate when this happen, i remove the game from control panel, but still it available in my computer as this picture i attracted. There is no other way to remove it, i don't know what is this ! ><

am really confuse :(

uaehunter said:
OH man i hate when this happen, i remove the game from control panel, but still it available in my computer as this picture i attracted. There is no other way to remove it, i don't know what is this ! ><

am really confuse :(

You can try clicking start>all programs>Witcher 2
. Click the wither 2 to expand and select uninstall witcher 2 .

Before installing disconnect from internet and disable antivirus and then reinstall .

Well that what i was trying actually could you explain to me why i got 3 directory of the files, one of them i uninstalled it and the other two still there. I attached the picture so you can see them..could you tell me please what are those?

the first pic: my start programs
second: the first directory of the game
third: the second directory of the game

hope you understand what am trying to say i know am confusing you, but explain as much basic as you can :)
thanks dude ^^

yooohooi got a solution for my problem, After just downloading all the requirement from EE. The fmodex.dll files still missing, so you just have to copy them all from the old game setup and paste it on your EE version. Its work and now i will enjoy the game until i face another problem :D

see ya guys and thanks for replying and help me :) even if it was pain in the ass for this couple day :D
thanks

I have exactly the same prblm i have bought cricket 07 game for pc when i try to install i got the same error,can anyone help me?

afrotim said:
I have exactly the same prblm i have bought cricket 07 game for pc when i try to install i got the same error,can anyone help me?
Download this file .
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?fmodex

Umair2012 said:
Download this file .

You realize that this post is 3 months old right ? And for a game that is NOT CD Projekt RED related .
And why you should never download a dll file from the internet
http://pcsupport.about.com/b/2011/01/28/why-you-should-never-download-dll-files.htm

Top Bottom