Missing Gwent Cards Quest- Olivier-Kingfisher

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing Gwent Cards Quest- Olivier-Kingfisher

I've been Googling this for a solution but it seems to not be resolved beyond the player is screwed and needs to start over...My issue is were level 83 on NG and I hear there's all sorts of level cap issues..

I'm sure you guys know the issue at hand. I want to get Collecting All Gwent off our Quest List. (Much like the Bugged Eagles Dare Treasure quest).

I have all the cards except the 4 cards "sold" by Olivier in Kingfisher Inn. He's been dead for 6 months now so that's a no go....I won his Hero card but we need his 4 sold cards so the workaround patch doesn't apply for going into that room. Has this been resolved and I have found those 4 cards. If not maybe make those 4 cards go into the Buy Options for the new Innkeeper....

OCD game players everywhere thank you for listening..and for a truly superb game.

What cards are you missing? Apart from the hero card, the rest aren't uniques, are they? I think his other "four cards" are all cards with multiple instances, you don't need to have more than one of each.

I've been Googling this for a solution but it seems to not be resolved beyond the player is screwed and needs to start over...My issue is were level 83 on NG and I hear there's all sorts of level cap issues..

I'm sure you guys know the issue at hand. I want to get Collecting All Gwent off our Quest List. (Much like the Bugged Eagles Dare Treasure quest).

I have all the cards except the 4 cards "sold" by Olivier in Kingfisher Inn. He's been dead for 6 months now so that's a no go....I won his Hero card but we need his 4 sold cards so the workaround patch doesn't apply for going into that room. Has this been resolved and I have found those 4 cards. If not maybe make those 4 cards go into the Buy Options for the new Innkeeper....

OCD game players everywhere thank you for listening..and for a truly superb game.

Was the innkeeper dying the bug? If so you probably need to start another game to get the achievement.

@Dragonbird, iirc the cards were unique.

The Innkeeper Olivier dies during the Triss Mage Escape. Reportedly, CD Project Red made a workaround patch for his Unique Gwent card...If he dies during the game, players can go to the room by the bar and pick up the card.

But I can't seem to find a way to get those 4 cards he sells...

DragonBird, does that mean those 4 gwent cards he sells goes to another seller in Novigrad? That it maybe transfers to another seller since they're not hero/npc won cards? I thought I've checked everyone but I'll keep looking if that's the case.

The problem with starting over is we just finished our 2nd complete playthrough (with both dlc sets) and are now level 83. With the level cap issues that seems out the door. Im guessing if this isn't resolve-able, the only solution would to have 2 remaining Quests active....Collecting All Gwent and the Treasure mission Not All Eagles Dare.

This is cracking me up. The game is so damn satisfying that I'm trying to get all Quests fully completed before setting ithe aside, bugs and all..

Last edited:
The Innkeeper Olivier dies during the Triss Mage Escape. Reportedly, CD Project Red made a workaround patch for his Unique Gwent card...If he dies during the game, players can go to the room by the bar and pick up the card.

But I can't seem to find a way to get those 4 cards he sells...

In my last couple of plathroughs he's alive after this quest.

Ahh. So if you don't aid the couple, he dies?

Yup.

DragonBird, does that mean those 4 gwent cards he sells goes to another seller in Novigrad? That it maybe transfers to another seller since they're not hero/npc won cards? I thought I've checked everyone but I'll keep looking if that's the case.

According to the Gwent site I checked, the cards he sells are Havekar Healer, Havekar Smuggler, Mahakaman Defender and Vrihedd Brigade Veteran. There are between 2 and 5 of each of these in the game. You only need ONE of each for the achievement and, as far as I know, the quest itself. (I've lost track a bit on the quest, as they introduced all the new cards. But this is how it used to work). I was under the impression that all of these non-unique cards were available from alternative sellers, if needed for the quest.

As you know, the card you win from him is unique, but is available as loot if he dies.

Last edited:
Innkeepers in Toussaint also sell cards. Several cards actually (that seems to depend of how much you managed to collect cards before going there). I just can't remember which cards were available. There was some leaders and mostly monster, sqoiatael or nilfgaardian cards, if I remember correctly.

Thats strange, Sunsibar...I just went through the Collecting Skellige (19 cards) in Toussant and I didn't run across any Innkeepers selling any Gwent cards. Maybe that mission conflicts with their normal sale products?

DragonBird, I pray you're correct good man. I shall go around Novigrad (at least according CDRP Miraculous Guide to Gwent) looking again to see if I can get a double of Oliviers set...I've done 3 passes through every merchant but maybe something was missed. Or perhaps the Miraculous Guide is mistaken by saying Novigrad- 4....I wonder if Oliviers sold cards go to another territory like Velen or White Orchard but stay listed on the Guide as Novigrad..

Either way...Where's that Roach.."Dammit"...Time to go looking.

Thats strange, Sunsibar...I just went through the Collecting Skellige (19 cards) in Toussant and I didn't run across any Innkeepers selling any Gwent cards. Maybe that mission conflicts with their normal sale products?

Yeah, it is actually strange. When I played my NG+ BAW there wasn't any cards on sale (I had completed Collect 'em All). When I played stand alone BAW there were about 20-30 cards on sale (I had only default stand alone cards). Now that I'm playing NG and quickly visited Toussaint, there were about 10 cards on sale (I'm not yet completed Collect 'em All but I have collected most cards).

There is also one quest in BAW which gives you two cards if you didn't get them before that quest. But if you already got those cards, you don't get any.

So, there seems to be a way to get some cards in BAW if you missed those before. I just can't remember which specific cards were available, but if someone is missing cards, it's definitely worth checking innkeepers in Toussaint. You might get lucky.

GUYS! For EVERYONE who has '4 Cards' left in Novigrad... Here is a simple question. Did you WIN the HIGH STAKES Tournament? Did you lose the first round? Did you not even do it yet? You GET a card with each win and you have to beat FOUR people. Those are the four cards you still do not have.

I had Four Cards left as well and then I figured it out. I did the first match of the High Stakes Tournament and when I won the first round I checked. The book said I had Three Cards left. I still had to face Sasha, The Elf, and the Champion.

So there you are. If you are missing the last Four Cards of the collection and have not done High Stakes mission... That is why.

WARNING: Save between matches. When you beat Sasha, The Second Match, you will go straight to the third. Sasha is the HARDEST player of Gwent in this game. So bring your A Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom