Missing health regeneration ability on Ekimmaras and Katakans?

+
Missing health regeneration ability on Ekimmaras and Katakans?

According to the bestiary entries on Ekimmaras and Katakans those two are supposed to be able to regenerate health over time yet I didn't notice any health regeneration when fighting the unique Katakan in Oxenfurt or the unique Ekimmara in the catacombs beneath Byways at all.

Is this a bug or did CDPRED break out the nerf hammer on this one?

If the latter's the case, why cut the health regeneration ability from all difficulties, especially Death March!? Makes no freaking sense to me.

---------- Updated at 09:23 AM ----------

Is this related to the time of day, by chance?
Meaning that when fighting an Ekimmara or a Katakan during day they can't use their regenerative ability?

But both the fights against the unique Ekimmara in Byways and the unique Katakan in Oxenfurt are taking place indoors anyway, so it shouldn't matter if it's day or night?

fought unique in Oxenfurt recently and it did regenerate (green health stats flashing above character)
however i was so powerful against it the regeneration didnt do much and chances are i wouldnt have noticed it at all if i hadnt backed away and started doing some posing during combat!

Watched a couple of walkthroughs on Youtube and none of them had the Oxenfurt Katakan using the regenerative ability, despite the clock showing 11-12pm.
I would have assumed it worked similar to the fight with the Werewolf at the end of the Wild at Heart quest, where it would start to regenerate when falling below 33 or so% of its health but no dice.

One or two of those videos on Youtube had a way underleveled Geralt (14 or 15) go up against the level 26 Katakan with A LOT of dodging and evading involved (on Death March), so I guess it's not a matter of the Katakan not given the chance to use regeneration.

So... Bug?

Top Bottom