Missing Journal Entries

+
Missing Journal Entries

Hi Folks,

First post here, so I hope it's in the right place!

I am having trouble with a couple of missing journal entries that I cannot seem to find anywhere.

The first is (what seems to be) the very first entry for the King of the Wild Hunt. The entry from the wiki is...
I am persecuted by the Wild Hunt, a cavalcade of ghostly riders on skeletal steeds. Leading them is the King of the Wild Hunt, the harbinger of war and despair. I know he seeks me, but I don't know why.

I do seem to recall a previous playthrough a number of years ago where I think I can remember having this entry but I now can't seem to find where I got it from.

The next is the second journal entry for the Swamp Tower location. The wiki states this as ..
The tower in the swamp was built by a mage who wielded extremely powerful magic. It probably holds incredibly valuable secrets. Unfortunately, it was locked by its creator and no one has been able to open it since.

Anyone's help on tracking these entries down would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks everyone.

Last edited:
I never really fully understood how jounral entries were added. That seems to be rather erratic. I just looked them up on the wiki after finishing the game.

Last edited:
If by chance you still need this information...

AFAIK, the latter can be acquired if you give some old woman (who constantly complains she's thirsty) in Vizima a specific kind of beverage (Plum Cordial), after which she reveals to you a story from the times before the swamps became what they are (it seems she's that old)). Overall, rather amusing conversation. You might also want to check out dialogues with Vaska as
she claims to have been the mage's lover and the reason for his downfall.

As for the former entry, I believe it has something to do with the encounter in the chapel in the Outskirts when you bury Leuvaarden's unlucky companion, considering that later on the whole Wild Hunt arc is basically postponed until the Epilogue. Try different responses. I don't recall Geralt bringing up this topic in a conversation with any major NPC. I need to check my own savegame, it's been a while since my last playthrough.

Last edited:
Hey! Many thanks for the response. Just started another play through so will check these out. Many thanks once again especially replying to a question posted 3+ years ago.

Top Bottom