Missing Oil Longevity Status in NG+

+

iCake

Forum veteran
Missing Oil Longevity Status in NG+

Okay, the first thing I noticed when I patched my game to 1.12 was that now the game displays the status of the applied oil, if any, whenever you draw your sword. You know where you can see all the buffs, with remaining hits and everything.

I thought, yay! This was so needed since day one, but that's another thing to discuss. Back to topic, so I started a NG+ and now I don't see this oil status effect pop up. I loaded up a normal playthrough save and sure the status effect was back on. Returned to NG+ and it disappeared.

Is this a bug with NG+? Can anyone else test and confirm/deny that?

P.S. Xbox 1 here. But there might be a chance this is not platform specific.

Last edited:
Patch 1.12 Oil Counter

I personally love the fact that oil count is now visible on the top when you apply oils to your blades. However i just started a New Game+ mode and i applied the oil on my blade in the begining and the counter just isn't there. I reloaded the game, went back and forth, tried to progress a little in the game but still no counter. Does anyone else have this problem or understands the reasoning behind it? Thank you

Guest 2364765

NG+ has separate set of items.
It may be the case that they only scripted it for standard version of oils but not NG+ ones.

NG+ has separate set of items.
It may be the case that they only scripted it for standard version of oils but not NG+ ones.

That seems unlikely since it almost makes no sense that they would simply forget about NG+ version and skip it altogether.

I'll just chime in to say I have the same bug. Oil indicator shows in normal game but not in any NG+ saves.

Blade Oil Charges Missing on GUI

Hi Guys, so I recently started NG+, good thing about this is we already have the oils we got from our first playthrough.
Anyway, when I apply oil to either steel or silver sword, the charges is no longer displayed along with the potions beside Geralt's health bar?
Is this some kind of a bug, or this only works for the original save? Thanks.

The first time i contacted support about this they told me to verify/repair files on my GOG account for Witcher 3, which, of course i did.Sadly it didn't fix the problem so i sent them my savegames like they asked in case very/repair doesn't help.

So now i am waiting for them to respond with a possible solution but it has been a while so i don't know if this is being worked on or not or if it is even a bug. It definetly looks like one though.

It sucks too because i have really been aching to go play the game again on NG+ now with these new features and fixes and this oil longevity bug is really making me not wanna do that :(

Such a great game though. Definetly 98/100 for me.It's not perfect but WOW does it come close to it. I completed all the achievements, including the ones from the DLC, beat the game more than 3 times and i'm still having fun with over 350 hours on record.

Last edited:
The first time i contacted support about this they told me to verify/repair files on my GOG account for Witcher 3, which, of course i did.Sadly it didn't fix the problem so i sent them my savegames like they asked in case very/repair doesn't help.

So now i am waiting for them to respond with a possible solution but it has been a while so i don't know if this is being worked on or not or if it is even a bug. It definetly looks like one though.

It sucks too because i have really been aching to go play the game again on NG+ now with these new features and fixes and this oil longevity bug is really making me not wanna do that :(

Such a great game though. Definetly 98/100 for me.It's not perfect but WOW does it come close to it. I completed all the achievements, including the ones from the DLC, beat the game more than 3 times and i'm still having fun with over 350 hours on record.

I feel for you, but there was no oil counter before 1.12 if I remmeber correctly. So not much of a miss. Also, as a temporary workaround you can take that skill that makes oils permanent. I think it's called "fixative".

I feel for you, but there was no oil counter before 1.12 if I remmeber correctly. So not much of a miss. Also, as a temporary workaround you can take that skill that makes oils permanent. I think it's called "fixative".

This is precisely one of the reasons or even THE reason why i wanted to go play through the game again on NG+
I wouldn't decide i want to play the game all over again if it weren't for these new features. That's why it really sucks that the most cool one doesn't work. It's de-motivating me to play the game again :(

edit:

received a response from the support :

"Hi,

Thank you for your savegame, it's queued for testing. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Kuba"

So i suppose we'll just have to wait a while. Glad to know they're working on it though.

Last edited:
So you fixed the gwent issues- what about Oil Indicators in New Game Plus?

Those oil indicators work perfect if u start a "fresh start"
but not working in new game plus .

any fix coming soon ?

also , fix Roach already!!! i have enough with that beast !
every time i summon roach shes stuck some where far and i have to go back and take her .

thats fucking annoying!

You're making it sound as if it is gamebreaking :) Maybe i'm just reading it like that. But really the Roach bug and Oil bug is not really that much of a problem. The game for me would still be well above a regular 9 despite the bugs.

Granted though, Roach could be a little less clumsy. I even found mine peeking through the inn window once..

You're making it sound as if it is gamebreaking :) Maybe i'm just reading it like that. But really the Roach bug and Oil bug is not really that much of a problem. The game for me would still be well above a regular 9 despite the bugs.

Granted though, Roach could be a little less clumsy. I even found mine peeking through the inn window once..

found some mods that fix those problems for me

Top Bottom