Mission: Blindingly Obvious

+
Mission: Blindingly Obvious

I am playing New game+ and was going through the "Final Preparations" quest. I'm stuck on the part when you have to capture Phillipa. You chase her in the sewers. She summons a fire elemental. You own the fire elemental. Then you are suppose to sneak up on her by jumping the gap in the stairs. But I can't get Geralt to exit "combat mode" so I can't jump the gap. Leaving me balls deep in this game and not able to finish with roughly 100 hours played and unable to carry all of my money, loot and armor into the expansions. Did anyone out there have this same problem and were you able to fix it? I've tried everything I can think of to fix it. Thanks for any help.

Long list of unprofessional guesses from the person who doesn't own X1.

Is your game updated to the latest version?
Have you tried to replay from the earlier save before this quest started?
Tried meditating? Entering to your Gwent card collection? Entering the menu? If you have available slot, try saving and reloading (which probably won't work). Have you tried walking away from Philippa as far as possible? Can you change your gear?
Are you able to roll over that hole somehow? (Why do I get the feeling that this worked for someone?)
Have you tried clearing the cache?
Reinstalling the game?

I have just tried all of these things and nothing worked. Damn, I guess my witching journey ends here. Thanks for the input. Cheers.

I am having the same issue as OP. I have reinstalled the game, am on the latest version (complete edition Xbox one v1.31) reloaded an earlier save and nothing works. I cannot continue any further.

Please some provide a solution for exiting combat mode or getting across those stairs.

thank you.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but can't find any answers. And support haven't replied. I'm stuck in combat mode and am unable to jump the gap to continue the mission. Here's the link to a clip of the glitch. Hopefully someone can help.

Weird, I haven't experienced that issue. Looks like there's stuff missing in this battle (as far as I remember at first you are supposed to battle a Fire Elemental - probably that's the reason why you can't jump).

I'm sure support will respond. Around E3 a lot is going on, so sending another ticket just in case might not be a bad idea.

However, I think the best thing you can do is load an earlier savegame - a couple of minutes before you enter that battle.

Also: threads merged.

Beat the elemental multiple times, also tried 4 different saves but get same issue every time. So annoying as I've completed the game twice with no probs, this time round I got this. I've already put 60+ hours in so don't want to restart lol.

Are you using any mods? Things like that can also cause issues like (in that case disabling them might help).

More guesswork:

1.) Try activating the manual draw / sheath option and use the left or right on the D-pad to manually sheath the sword. (If this fails, Geralt will simply stay in combat mode fisticuffs-style.)

2.) Try unequipping all weapons, armor, potions, bombs, tools, etc. Then, exit the inventory. Enter the inventory and re-equip stuff.

3.) Try running to a location where Geralt transitions to an indoor location (where he manually slows to a walk). Quicksave, exit to the menu, and reload. If not, head back outside, quicksave and exit to the menu again, and reload.

Thanks for the reply, first 1 I've tried and he does stay with fists ready to fight, but will try all ur other suggestions! 🤞

Had high hopes for your suggestions but still nothing lol. Thanks again though for trying, and any other ideas let me know ✌️

I've just submitted it again, 4-5 time now lol. Starting to think support have given up helping with the Witcher 3 which is a bit disappointing as thousands if not millions are still playing the game ✌️

Just wanted to bump this thread as I'm still no closer to a solution, and heard nothing at all from support!? Can't be good for business if they ignore game breaking bugs 😔

For technical reasons some of the tickets submitted via console flows in the support form may have not reached us. Could you please resubmit your tickets?

I don't wish to seem rude, happy that I'm getting some sort of reply. But I've submitted 6 times altogether, even provided a video of the bug, yet I've not even received acknowledgement that my tickets have been looked at? I know this bug hasn't affected a lot of people, but the fact I am unable to complete the main game because of this suggests it should as t least be looked into. ✌️

So June 20th 2018, when I first asked and have since submitted many tickets on this bug that prevents me from completing the main game. I've not received 1 reply to any ticket submitted, and on contact has been from the mods on this forum. Question is now do I continue in vain asking for help and being ignored, or just give up and take it that now cyberpunk 2077 is their main focus? 🤔😥

Wow.... Just as I'd decided to give this up, I actually received a reply from support! Thats as good as it got thought 😒. This is their reply, bearing in mind my issues have nothing to do with crashes at all...

Hello,

To solve the error you encountered, please follow the following steps:

Step 1: Close the application, install the latest system software and game update, and restart the system.
Step 2: If a PS Camera is connected to the system, remove it and reboot the system, then go to [Settings] > [User] > [Login Settings] and turn "Enable Face Recognition" OFF.
Step 3: If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) in your console, please re-install the original HDD.
Step 4: If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].
Step 5: If the error continues and occurs with every application, or as soon as the application starts, please contact PlayStation Support.

All the signs of a generic template reply, also passing the buck to playstation by telling me to contact their support for help? No point in continuing asking for help as it's plainly obvious it isn't gonna happen ✌️

Top Bottom