MISSION "THE HUNT" - CAN'T SAFE ANYMORE AFTER GOING THROUGH THE "The Hunt" BDS (ALSO NO AUTOSAvE)

+
I'm on PC Windows 10. I'm able to save before the option to go to sleep talking to Joss in "The Hunt" mission. After River wakes me up suddenly and we go through the BDs it completely stops saving my games. I've tried calling people, doing other missions, reloading, and finally just loading a prior save. I was able to save again with a prior save. I can't complete the mission though without getting this save bug. Sad that Randy may have to die. X(

I've never experienced the bug you are describing. If you already validated the integrity of the game files and you made sure no mod is conflicting in a bad way with the game, I suggest you report your bug to the technical support.

You can do that here

After River wakes me up suddenly and we go through the BDs it completely stops saving my games.
It's only auto-save or you're no longer able to save manually ?
Edit : It's all the saving methods... I have doubts that it could fix your problem, because it's only occurs after this quest, but it costs nothing to try. And if it doesn't work > "Contact Us" button for help by CDPR Support.

Last edited:
It's only auto-save or you're no longer able to save manually ?
Edit : It's all the saving methods... I have doubts that it could fix your problem, because it's only occurs after this quest, but it costs nothing to try. And if it doesn't work > "Contact Us" button for help by CDPR Support.

Thanks. I have verified the integrity of the game. No issues. I only have the widely used engine tweek and vehicle handling mods. All saving methods are stopped and no calls from other missions after finishing "the hunt". I have messed with the windows defender...I don't even have that feature (controlled folder) on for the apps and when I do there's no where to add apps.
Post automatically merged:

I've never experienced the bug you are describing. If you already validated the integrity of the game files and you made sure no mod is conflicting in a bad way with the game, I suggest you report your bug to the technical support.

You can do that here

Thanks. I reported this issue.

Last edited:
I would like to second this issue. I've tested this extensively, complete with console commands. I figured that the game was still thinking that it was in a BD cutscene as "You Are Leaving Signal Range" erroneously follows you after closing the third segment.

Video Documentation of the Error can be found here:

You'll also notice that after getting the minimum requirements from the third BD, something about the rewind controls break. I'm betting that's where things collapse now.

Then again, it could also be the transition from the second segment to the third segment that breaks things. I notice that the game would autosave from the transition from the 1st segment to the 2nd segement (as you see in the third link when I go into "Continue" we're immediately at the cow part), but it won't autosave at the Petrochem segment. So maybe that's where it breaks?

Whatever the case may be, "The Hunt" creates a gamebreaking bug here. A real tradgey too as I was getting deeply immersed in that one.

By the by, I tried completing the quest (with Godmode health cheats) and attempted to initiate a new quest to see if that would clear things. No dice. All save functionality dies with the Hunt BDs. Please ensure that whoever is in charge treats this as a priority one bugfix.

Attached is my DX Diag. Tis a shiny (cough to put it lightly) new computer so you damn well know its not the hardware at fault here.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    125.1 KB · Views: 51
Try deleting some old autosaves. This used to happen to me on XBSX after you hit a certain amount of autosaves and deleting old autosaves worked for me.

Just a question, have you used mods before or now ? (even only CET)
Because to report it ro the support, you have to be sure to try on a save and a game where mods have never been used :(
Recently, there was a thread where CET broke a quest weirdly (Broke the turret in Johnny's memories...)

I would like to second this issue. I've tested this extensively, complete with console commands. I figured that the game was still thinking that it was in a BD cutscene as "You Are Leaving Signal Range" erroneously follows you after closing the third segment.

Video Documentation of the Error can be found here:

You'll also notice that after getting the minimum requirements from the third BD, something about the rewind controls break. I'm betting that's where things collapse now.

Then again, it could also be the transition from the second segment to the third segment that breaks things. I notice that the game would autosave from the transition from the 1st segment to the 2nd segement (as you see in the third link when I go into "Continue" we're immediately at the cow part), but it won't autosave at the Petrochem segment. So maybe that's where it breaks?

Whatever the case may be, "The Hunt" creates a gamebreaking bug here. A real tradgey too as I was getting deeply immersed in that one.

By the by, I tried completing the quest (with Godmode health cheats) and attempted to initiate a new quest to see if that would clear things. No dice. All save functionality dies with the Hunt BDs. Please ensure that whoever is in charge treats this as a priority one bugfix.

Attached is my DX Diag. Tis a shiny (cough to put it lightly) new computer so you damn well know its not the hardware at fault here.

Not much point in posting all of this here, this isn't an official channel to report this kind of issue at all. You should follow the link @LeKill3rFou posted earlier. That's the official channel and the only way to properly ensure this makes it to CDPR.

Unfortunately for you, you're using mods. Or at the very least CET. It's quite honestly unrealistic to expect CDPR to fix something that might be broken through your own modifications.

I use mods too and I've noticed quite a few bugs that I don't encounter on clean saves. Just a few versions ago CET broke footsteps sounds. A minor bug but it annoyed the living hell out of me for some reason. I couldn't hold CDPR responsible now could I? It's just something you accept when you mod games. Even Bethesda's games, as mod-friendly as they are, can be easily broken by mods and it's unrealistic to blame it on Bethesda.

If you can reproduce the issue on an absolutely clean save, then CDPR can take a look at it.

Not much point in posting all of this here, this isn't an official channel to report this kind of issue at all. You should follow the link @LeKill3rFou posted earlier. That's the official channel and the only way to properly ensure this makes it to CDPR.

Of course I followed the link to the official bug reporter. I just wanted to second this thread as well as I know companies will also check the offical forums. I've seen my ideas, suggestions, and bug reports addressed in the past from adding to the official forum on such matters with other games, and I see no reason why it wouldn't be true here as well.

For as a matter of fact, this IS an official channel to report this kind of issue (forums.cdprojektred.com). Were this conversation on reddit, steam community, etc, then yes, you'd be making a point there.

So yeah, I using all official channels instead of just one.

If you can reproduce the issue on an absolutely clean save, then CDPR can take a look at it.
Way ahead of you. Had the very same idea after reexhausting all options. So I've created a second profile within my Vortex to test just that.
1642038860160.png

Going to the nearest autosave didn't work, so for the sake of being fully comprehensive, this evening I'll go back to the manual save I had just before River made his call and rerun the entire quest chain from the beginning. Wish me luck. May we conclude that we should "blame some mod creator" rather than the Official Patch 1.31 itself.

To be even more thorough however, does anyone have a clean save for this quest, that passes for their machine, that I may borrow as well? The quest to figure out under what circumstances this issue triggers will be helpful to the community (whether culpability lies with CDProjektRed or a rogue mod creator) regardless of where the coding conflict originates.

I'm going to get to the bottom of this, even if the clean save method works. Someone, official or unofficial, shalt receive a helpful bug report upon which to update their code regardless I should hope.

This sort of thing is kinda my thing. :3

Last edited:
Last week created a new, modless profile, and just to be sure, restarted the quest from the beginning.

I am happy to report that the BD section managed to past. Therefore, we can thankfully conclude that a mod is responsible for intefering with the quest in question, rather than anything official with the patches.

To commence zeroing in on which mod is responsible, I then loaded to one of my older saves that occurs shortly before the BD segment, still with a blank mod profile. However, on this "right before the BD segment" save, having a blank mod profile did nothing to help.

Therefore, there is little in the way I can do to further zero in on which mod is responsible for the BD "Can't Save Right Now" error.

All I can say, for anyone who encounters this in the future, is the following work around:
  1. Using your mod manager, create a new profile that has no mods loaded.
  2. Restart "The Hunt" from the very beginning of the quest.
  3. Upon completion of the quest, reload your mod configuration (should you choose).

Thank you.

I am also stuck at this quest. I have vortex and vehiclehandling.04 as my only mods. I am going to try your suggested solution. So potentially the issue lies in this single mod, or its a problem with vortex 1.4.16 itself.
Post automatically merged:

I can confirm that the above method currently works. I can now save after completing the quest.

Whats interesting is that I noticed the glitch may have begin before the BD when you first view the cartoon on the nephew's computer. The key that I needed to pick up in the nephew's trailer respawned after I viewed the cartoon and kept respawning with a quest marker over it every time i picked it up. And you become unable to save after you view the cartoon in the BD. The cartoon may be a common factor.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    138.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Just had this exact issue as well and I haven't used ANY mods whatsoever. I have tried reloading a save before the BDs and redone them about 4 times now with the exact same result. At this point I'm just going to load a save before the whole "The Hunt" mission.

I also noticed the key kept respawning in the trailer but it did that even before I watched the cartoon so I don't think the cartoon is to blame.

Top Bottom