Missoins That can't be completed

+
Missions are given that require a higher strength or hacking ability then I currently have, why am i getting these Missions? Has anyone else gotten theses?

Example, some of these missions need a high strength like 18 and i have a 12, a hack of 19 and i have a 13, just to get into a room, the game AI or algorithm should know this and not give me the mission, as it a REQUIREMENT!!

Is an open-world game,you can take other missions till you reach the level or do some "grinding/farming" with NCPD and gain XP to level up.
But is not a requirement to complete the mission.Most missions that I've found have redundancy,so if a skill blocks you one path you can complete it following another path.

Rogue-Nomad, curious why are you asking this? Which missions you could not complete exactly? You mean 'Life’s Work', where car spawns underground? Or that you can get quick hacks from the terminals?

The cop lady that locks herself in the room. The one where you have to convince her to leave town etc. Is there any way into her room. Without hacking the door. Because I didn't want to bother learning hacking in my first play. But was forced too. Especally when I had max strength. I should be able to rip the door off. But the hack door only lets one skill. Which is dumb.

Missions are given that require a higher strength or hacking ability then I currently have, why am i getting these Missions? Has anyone else gotten theses?

Example, some of these missions need a high strength like 18 and i have a 12, a hack of 19 and i have a 13, just to get into a room, the game AI or algorithm should know this and not give me the mission, as it a REQUIREMENT!!
No mission in the game requires a certain amount of points in an attribute or another to be completed, as far as i can remember. There is always more than a route inside a building. This is actually one of the most accomplished features in the game, to be able to take on missions in different ways. There are indeed doors full of goodies locked behind skill-checks, but those are just bonuses and you can just ignore them and move on.

No mission in the game requires a certain amount of points in an attribute or another to be completed, as far as i can remember. There is always more than a route inside a building. This is actually one of the most accomplished features in the game, to be able to take on missions in different ways. There are indeed doors full of goodies locked behind skill-checks, but those are just bonuses and you can just ignore them and move on.

This and a large portion of gigs allow you to talk your way in as well as other options.

The cop lady that locks herself in the room. The one where you have to convince her to leave town etc. Is there any way into her room. Without hacking the door. Because I didn't want to bother learning hacking in my first play. But was forced too. Especally when I had max strength. I should be able to rip the door off. But the hack door only lets one skill. Which is dumb.

I had a mission like this, I had to get in a room that was locked up tight. I did not have the strength to force it open nor the TEC to "Pick" the door locks. And this corner apartment was WAY up at the top of a tall building so I could not find any Parkour way into the room. Knocking on the door there was no dialog to trick my way in. They just told me to get lost.

I was very pleased to figure out that I was able to use distract enemy quick hack to make the NPC come out to investigate why the equipment next to his room was freaking out! When he opened the door to investigate I charged into the room guns a blazing!

Default hack ? I did not invest any effort into hacking at that time so I assumed this came from Vic at the start of the game? I do not remember...

So It turned out after searching the room very thoroughly there WAS actually a Parkour way in, but it was very difficult to spot that from where I was inside the building at the start of this encounter.

However what this made me realize was there were enough interacting game systems here to skin a cat in ways the DEV did not intend, as well as the various ways the DEV INTENDED you to skin the cats.

I was excited to use this trick again but there was never any other situation where the equipment needed to be hacked was close enough to the door of a mission where the door was locked with people inside. So I am fairly confident this was serendipity not planned by the DEV.

That is one of the big reasons I love games like this rather than the "must be done our way" games before open world. This (many interacting systems so layered on each other that even the DEV will not know everything) is both the magic and the mayhem as it can also be the source of bugs in the game.

Last edited:
As far as I've noticed a lot of the missions you get are proximity based, not level based, so when you explore you'll get phonecalls or msgs and whatnot when you get near a mission, but it doesnt check for your level. Normally I just check the level of danger for the mission, and usually it gives me an idea if Im ready for it levelwise or not.

Every mission area has a route in that is for those that have not invested into: Strength, Tech, or Intelligence. As well as have not obtained any cyberware. You'll just have to do some parkour around to find the way in, stealth is always an option so going in guns blazing through the front door is never needed.

The only mission I remember having to spend a point on is the one with Brendan. I only had 3 in body and needed 4 to move the container.
Not sure if there is another way to move the thing. I wasn't willing to try throwing grenades at it, or driving my car into it. :p

Last edited:
The only mission I remember having to spend a point on is the one with Brendan. I only had 3 in body and needed 4 to move the container.
Not sure if there is another way to move the thing. I wasn't willing to try throwing grenades at it, or driving my car into it. :p
Really? Good catch!
But sounds like a bug/mistake to me.Should we warn devs so they can put on hold patch 1.2?,maybe they need rewriting/remapping that whole branch.

Couple of times I had to put a car next to a wall because I didn't have cyberlegs... was kind of funny to figure it out.
Once I hijacked one of those Arasaka armored carriers just to try to sneak into the prison. The problem was finding a way out afterwards (which is actually the purpose of a prison :shrug: )

Top Bottom