Questions about Gwent's MMR & Leaderboard

+
Hey guys. I was scrolling through the leaderboard and noticed that my MMR is an insane amount lower than other players with similar total games played and worse winrates in some cases. Am I missing something about how rating functions? I'm only getting 10 MMR per win max, so I'd need to maintain my winrate for literally hundreds of games to match someone in a similar position to me right now that somehow has 1400+ on me. What's going on?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    948.1 KB · Views: 680
I'm confused on how MMR works in this game. I currently am level 25, am 41-22-3. I have 141 MMR. #1 on the Leaderboard is level 14, 147-128-8, and has 6043 MMR. I'm getting 2-3 points per win, playing Ranked. At my current pace when I hit the numbers that #1 has, I'll be at roughly 200 MMR. What am I missing here?
Post automatically merged:

Since making this post, I have completely stopped accumulating MMR for wins. Something is wrong here.

Last edited:
Thank you very much, that is very helpful. So to fully 'unlock' my MMR i have to play a certain number of games with each faction?

Thank you very much, that is very helpful. So to fully 'unlock' my MMR i have to play a certain number of games with each faction?

Yes. 40 with each. Then the sum of your 4 best faction mmr gives you your total full mmr.

You are welcome btw.

Why is it every single opponent im playing has starting mmr 1250 while I started at 1000?

Y, but im asking why they started the game at 1250 while i started at 1000?
Post automatically merged:

Anyone can explain that?

Last edited:
How is possible that the 3rd player in the world with 230 win is only level 8
i won 2 match and im level 17
thx for help

Hello, I would like to ask how is rating working in Gwent. Specifically, how is it affected through seasons. I am new player, who is doing his second season now. I noticed, that there are different "base ratings", which were possibly (I really do not know, I just assume from my observation) set during Homecoming transition of Gwent and now this is probably happening to console players too. I do not know what are values of all "base ratings", but I for sure noticed ratings 1000 for beginners, 1250 for more advanced than beginner players and 2400 for top players. There could be possibly some more "base ratings" between 1250 and 2400. Could somebody please explain how were those "base ratings" distributed?

And second question related to this. I started playing last season (Season of Mahakam) at rank 30 and I was given rating 1000. I progressed during season to rank 12, but my rating was only adjusted through my wins or losses. The point is, at ranks 15+ (I start this season at rank 15) I see only players with "base rating" 1250+. That means, if I want to fight for good leaderboard score, I am at quite a disadvantage with "base rating" 1000+. Is there a way, how to get better "base rating"?

just reached lv 25 and i appear in the leaderbord as 12220 place with 9 win and 3 lost
i wonder
1 how can i ever reach good placement if all is reset after 1 month ?
2 how can be that after 1 week that the guy in the first place has 6680 mmr with equal number of win and lost and i only have 300 with wins that are double the lost?
3 how work this mmr ?
4 how much count the number of matches played (just have 1-2 hours)?
thx for help and sorry for my english

I would also like to know what happens when you reach rank 0.
- Can you continue playing ranked without going back to rank 1 (by loosing) ?
- Once you accept pro-rank at the end of the season, will you remain at rank 0?
- What are the conditions that you remain on rank 0 (and get the associated rewards) next month again?

Last edited:
Just installed new Gwent. Used to be able to see how many ranked points needed to rank up and what end of season rewards were going to be. Where is this now?

Top Bottom