MMR?

+
Does this game use MMR? I keep getting matched up with players that have way better cards than me. There is no way I can win. Out of ten games I may win one or two games. Don't tell me this is a P2W game where the only way to win is to purchase packs? If that's the case then this game is just like the rest of the free games where its P2W. I think it probably is because every now and then it shoves a screen in your face to buy decks. I close and ignore those. I am never spending money on this game. I never spend money on microtransactions. Never! I refuse. Never gonna happen.

Here's the thing:
1. when you play ranked games, you're in most cases matched with players from the same rank
2. people playing this game for years and having large card collection, can easily drop to the ranks you're currently at, so it may seem strange to you, that you're matched up with such "veterans"
3. sure there are people, that used shortcut and bought themselves some cards to play the decks they want, and there's nothing wrong with that
4. maybe it's just me, but I don't consider a game as pay-to-win, when it's totally possible to not spend a penny and still reach the same level as people, who put a lot of money in. It just takes more time. I look at it this way:
- people who bought cards for money, they spent their time at work in order to get the cards they want,
- people who prefer not to buy cards, they need to invest their time to play the game and "farm" in-game resources (a.k.a. in-game currency) in order to get what they want.
In both cases there's some effort to be made. You can argue whether one way is shorther than another, but in general, the game does not close you the way to eventually get the same cards if you decide not to put any money in, and for this reason I don't consider it P2W. The only thing, that you won't get without paying real money, is some cosmetics, but pay-to-look is not what you had in mind after all.

I never spend money on microtransactions. Never! I refuse. Never gonna happen.
This is kind of my attitude when we're talking about games that you've actually already bought, unless it's some kind of massive DLC. Gwent however is completely free, I never bought any kegs or packs but have almost all of the cards in the game (could buy the ones that I don't have with my massive amount of ores and scraps), it just takes some time.

My advice is just focus on one deck and one deck only until it has all the cards you want, getting your first deck isn't that grindy, then you can go from there.

I have bought some cosmetics, not only for the sake of having them but also because the game has provided countless of hours of entertainment, and I feel like that deserves to be rewarded, and also it supports the future of a game which I clearly enjoy.

Just grind contracts, quests and journey. Focus all your resources into one deck. You'll get there sooner than later.

There is no way I can win.

That actually never changes in this game. Regardless of the rank, 60-80% of the games are unwinnable for the losing side because of the draw and matchup rng.

Here's the thing:
1. when you play ranked games, you're in most cases matched with players from the same rank
2. people playing this game for years and having large card collection, can easily drop to the ranks you're currently at, so it may seem strange to you, that you're matched up with such "veterans"

I haven't got to ranked yet. I'm only lvl 14 at the moment.

You can drop ranks? Why would anyone do that?

You can drop ranks? Why would anyone do that?

Every season you drop 3 ranks (unless you are in the top 200 or 500 hundred players, I don't remember right now). So if you are rank 0, leave the game for several months and come back, you will be 10-20 ranks down.

Every season you drop 3 ranks (unless you are in the top 200 or 500 hundred players, I don't remember right now). So if you are rank 0, leave the game for several months and come back, you will be 10-20 ranks down.
Actually, the number of levels dropped depends upon your level — at level 14 you only drop one level. But it is still the case that a returning player could have dropped a lot. Also, active players who don’t generally play ranked matches will drop ranks. But receiving rewards at the end of a season requires playing at least one ranked match. And the default is ranked play so if a player forgets to switch, they end up playing ranked. Thus, even those who generally don’t want to play ranked will occasionally do so — at a level way below their holding and ability.

And a flaw with the ranking system is that beginning players (with limited cards) will tend to improve in rank simply by playing until they reach the level where opponents are almost always better. A solution is to sit out of ranked play until you drop to a level where you can compete.

Does this game use MMR? I keep getting matched up with players that have way better cards than me. There is no way I can win. Out of ten games I may win one or two games. Don't tell me this is a P2W game where the only way to win is to purchase packs? If that's the case then this game is just like the rest of the free games where its P2W. I think it probably is because every now and then it shoves a screen in your face to buy decks. I close and ignore those. I am never spending money on this game. I never spend money on microtransactions. Never! I refuse. Never gonna happen.
Hello and welcome to the game buddy.
I looked you up and you are at rank 27. Forget about level, that is irrelevant. It goes from 1 to 60 and then back to 1. Rank is what tells your position and to some extent ability in Gwent.
It's not a play to win, and you do not need to invest any money into it. I never have. With the free journey it's much easier to get keys which can be used to get resources in your reward book, which in turn can get you cards. It's much faster now then when I started playing.
Just keep at it and you'll get the cards.

Hello and welcome to the game buddy.
I looked you up and you are at rank 27. Forget about level, that is irrelevant. It goes from 1 to 60 and then back to 1. Rank is what tells your position and to some extent ability in Gwent.
It's not a play to win, and you do not need to invest any money into it. I never have. With the free journey it's much easier to get keys which can be used to get resources in your reward book, which in turn can get you cards. It's much faster now then when I started playing.
Just keep at it and you'll get the cards.

I was at lvl15 and then it seemed like I dropped to lvl1 but that's a glitch as I soon found out after making a post about it.

I was at rank 29 when I started playing recently. I have gained 2 ranks so I'm getting there.

I just want more fun cards. I'm getting sick of using the same cards over and over. Its getting old.

I have got a few cards from kegs but they are starting to repeat. I keep getting duplicates.

I've also completed the entire Witcher rewards in the reward book. I'm excited to see what happens when I do.

I've also completed the entire Witcher rewards in the reward book. I'm excited to see what happens when I do.
If you have not done so, you should begin buying the nodes on the starter reward trees (given in the last tab — one marked with a crown). Not only are the nodes extremely cheap, many give legendary cards. This is by far the cheapest way to get legendary cards when you are beginning

If you have not done so, you should begin buying the nodes on the starter reward trees (given in the last tab — one marked with a crown). Not only are the nodes extremely cheap, many give legendary cards. This is by far the cheapest way to get legendary cards when you are beginning
Thanks I'll do that.

Top Bottom