MO/Wild Hunt fan reworks

+
Hey there
As its fashionable as of late to do MO faction reworks, I actualy sat down and made one myself, it's been a blast.
There's so much untapped potential there, the big villians of W3 can be so much more than they are now
(mind Caranthir summoning giants as a finisher, or Nagflar) .
Design goals here are Dominance, Frost and impactful flavorful golds, with broadened arena interactivity as an addition (tags).
So say what do you think about those, and by all means post some of yours.

MO_rework_Kssysiek.jpgMO_rework_Kssysiek_2.jpgMO_rework_Kssysiek_3.jpg

Hey there
As its fashionable as of late to do MO faction reworks, I actualy sat down and made one myself, it's been a blast.
There's so much untapped potential there, the big villians of W3 can be so much more than they are now
(mind Caranthir summoning giants as a finisher, or Nagflar) .
Design goals here are Dominance, Frost and impactful flavorful golds, with broadened arena interactivity as an addition (tags).
So say what do you think about those, and by all means post some of yours.

View attachment 11013317View attachment 11013320View attachment 11013323

I see you took some cards back to their beta versions. I like that, but why cant they just straight import beta WH? It's not like their cards are doing anything important now. It would be an improvement for sure.

I see you took some cards back to their beta versions. I like that, but why cant they just straight import beta WH? It's not like their cards are doing anything important now. It would be an improvement for sure.
the game is quite a different animal now, no bronze tutor fiesta etc (I liked it too, alright? :))
you can tell how scared of weather they were with the switch to 2 rows thats for certain

I like Sabath in particular, because he has 3 skills. In my favourite card game Nightbanes all cards had 3 skills, and I was really sureprised in Gwent it's just 1, when I first played it...
Post automatically merged:

Naglfar summons (so no damage deals from Warriors) - how do you make enough value from it?
Wild Hunt Mage - how do you boost him up to 3 times on deploy? When it is lower than 3?

I like Sabath in particular, because he has 3 skills. In my favourite card game Nightbanes all cards had 3 skills, and I was really sureprised in Gwent it's just 1, when I first played it...
Post automatically merged: 28 minutes ago

Naglfar summons (so no damage deals from Warriors) - how do you make enough value from it?
Wild Hunt Mage - how do you boost him up to 3 times on deploy? When it is lower than 3?
-Well Sabbath duels for 6 and then just pings once after a while, helping your dominance, 12pt celling.
-There are ways to generate more warriors, Eredin and Nithral as primary ones, it wouldn't be that hard to fill the row if not interupted its supposed to be high commitment high reward.
-Navigator checks dominance at turn end its twice as fast as regular engines but capped and encouraging fight for dominance. Also hear her doing the vilainous talk, we know the secrets, all of them.

Dominance... Not bad.
I made some MO rework too in theme Card Ideas not long ago. And I came to the idea, that ones of the MO archetypes are elemental dominance. Cause elements are wild like monsters, they are very hard to control. It's wild monstrous forces of nature like monsters by itself. So, I made two sketches - Wild Hunt with frost dominance and Foglets with the fog dominance, Like it is logically must be, cause foglets are always bound to the fog and the Wild Hunt always goes with the frost. There also can be dominance of water (drowners and rain) and of fire with Korathi Heatwave and Ragh Nar Roog, which must be remade.

I don't think the current version of dominance is good for the game.
First of all it is far too easy to be screwed. Damage, boosts, poison, tall removal, the only archetypes not being able to easily intercept dominance are swarm archetypes.
Furthermore, dominance feels too binary, either you achieve it and get huge boosts or you don't and all your cards loose value. The important factor here is that you need only a single high card that is taller than all enemies, which makes both players focus only this card alone.

In my opinion there should be more ways to play around it and there should be more thresholds. For example bloodthirst can require multiple wounded targets, such that you can play different cards, depending on the number of bloodthirst you achieved.

My idea for dominance would be: "Dominance X: Trigger the effect if the target enemy is dominated by X of your own cards".
For example if a wild hunt warrior would deal 2 damage and has a dominance 3 effect to deal 3 damage, he would deal 3 damage to all enemies who have less health than your 3 tallest units.
This way you can easier trigger dominance for some cards but not all. And both players would try to get their cards as tall as possible/prevent it, because the enemy wants his cards to get out of dominance range, while you want to get as many cards into dominance range as possible.

My idea for dominance would be: "Dominance X: Trigger the effect if the target enemy is dominated by X of your own cards".
For example if a wild hunt warrior would deal 2 damage and has a dominance 3 effect to deal 3 damage, he would deal 3 damage to all enemies who have less health than your 3 tallest units.
This way you can easier trigger dominance for some cards but not all. And both players would try to get their cards as tall as possible/prevent it, because the enemy wants his cards to get out of dominance range, while you want to get as many cards into dominance range as possible.
It's too hard to understand. It's too tricky mechanic to properly count.
I think power dominance is not bad. It's simple and it borns the dominance race - who will build the biggest creature first. It's interesting, because the common way of play is distributing power between all units to avoid big value loose. This MO archetype must contain big damage dealing to opponent to prevent him dominating. But it has a risk of loosing too much value by scorch, Geralt of Rivia and Geralt: Professional and the same tall-killing cards.
So, I don't think it's bad. I think, everything can be balanced. So the main thing in game design is realism, I think. Make cards sensible, bound them to the lore first. Balance is the second thing. If u put balance to the first place, game looses it's face, it becomes ununderstandable and boring like it is now. So let the lore be the main thing. And the lore says that monsters like to dominate, be the strongest and maximum terrible and always take what they want. Strength is the only language they understand.

Last edited:
A bonus board with Big Boys and Girls, Dominance givers.
Lore friendly Ciri and greedy Crone causing an outrage.
MO_rework_Kssysiek_4.jpg
Post automatically merged:

Aww Gawd, thats it I'm done can't do better than that...

MO_rework_Kssysiek_5.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom