[mod] armor difficulty increase mod (EE compatible)

+
[mod] armor difficulty increase mod (EE compatible)

since TWEE i cant run .lua based mods anymore. dont know why but no matter what i do, there's no way to run orkish difficulty mod. placing files in the witcher/data/override folder doesnt work for me. converting lua to luc doesnt work neither. extremely disappointed i couldnt accept the game being so easy so i looked for a way to fix it. there is a simple workaround for orkish mod.the game wont be as difficulty as with orkish mods but its at least something. playing the game i found out that armors give significant boost to survivability.i decided to completely remove armor protection bonuses and it works just perfectly for me. i hope you'll find it usefull as well.to install the mod simply extract the archive to /data/override folder or if it doesnt work, create "uti" folder in /data and place it there.enjoyedit: for the note, mod is not retroactive. it wont change existing armor you already wear because existing armor stats are held in save file. either find/get/buy/make new armor or start new game.

I've been thinking... Do .luc files still work? So if you can't edit monster strength anymore, maybe you can offset that with reducing Geralt's damage dealt a bit further. It will produce the same effect (more slashin' needed to kill the monsters). Or vice versa.

yes, i was thinking about it but this data is held in .luc files. weapons damage have minor effect on final damage value, its geralt skills which make it so easy and all skills are in .luc files. i remove bonusses from all swords, so sihil f.e. will have same properties like normal sword but that would mean no progress in game when changing weapons. well, i'll try it.

flashintheflesh said:
weapons damage have minor effect on final damage value, its geralt skills which make it so easy and all skills are in .luc files.
That's too bad. :-\ If all swords were the same, then there wouldn't be much point in saving money to reward myself with a brand new sword in Chapter I, for example. Maybe developers will chime in and give us a hint. *is hopeful*

i modified swords removing +%damage bonus and leaving +%chance to critical effect when possible. +50 up to +100% dmg on late swords is nothing to be ignored. also i updated armor and sword descriptions to correctly show which bonuses are removed but thats only for polish version. removing it for most popular- english, german and french would take a long time. maybe i'll do it later.oh, about items being the same. i would buy items only for the sake of different item model. walking whole game with same looking armor or sword is boring. and its still worth changing swords because you have other bonuses. my sihil version ignores target armor but doesnt have +100% damage. thats huge difference but armor penetration is still worth it. i left forged meteorite and rune swords unchanged, otherwise i wouldnt bother to gather the runes and meteorites :pand for my quoted sentence- skills have bigger impact on geralt uberness but +100% damage on weapons.. thats a lot!!

Have you tested the mod to see whether there's any noticeable difference? I'll apply your mod and play the game as soon as I fix that darned blurring bug. :dead: In the meantime, you've earned a karma point from me for your efforts. ;)

im testing it right now and it works fine. remember that game must generate new item to get result, this means that swords you already posses wont change. to compare the results try saving before you find a powerful sword like sihil +100% dmg. install the mod, get nerfed sihil, test. delete the mod, load the game and test again. you'll see the difference.

Hi, good idea to overcome current modding limitations!Might I ask you a favor? Could you do a version of your mod where armors give at least some bonus that increases with better types of armor? Perhaps 1/4 of the old values. That would provide more incentive to get new armors (besides the looks) and still increase difficulty.Same goes for swords. Could you perhaps (in addition to maintaining the effect on criticals) do a version where the damage bonus of the swords is not totally negated, but only reduced. Perhaps again to 1/4 of the original damage bonus. Just for some more motivation to improve your gear.Thank you in advance!

to edit item properties in details i would have to edit .lua files. so far no .lua modification work for me, game doesnt read it. if someone finally confirm whats the reason of it, maybe a way to fix or does .lua files work in his witcher i can do it. for now, editing uti files have limitations. item properties are all hidden under 'weapon ability' or 'armor ability'.besides there would be no visible effect of changing armors the way you'd like, maybe raven armor. basic studded leather has 5% protection, 1/4 of 5% is nothing. excellent leather armor has 10% protection, raven 20-30%. i could give raven armor 5% protection but thats still minimal change.as for swords, they change the game more then armors. i removed positive bonuses and kept minus %dmg on weapons. with both mods i bet you'll still quickly find out its not hard enough. im considering to give all weapons -30% dmg, not changing it to +xx. ofcourse im open for opinions but i'll do next changes this weekend. im short on time now .edit: here's -30% dmg on all swords. now you finally have to use these whetstones, gindstones and diamond dusts.the rest i'll do this weekend, including weapon and armor descriptions.

Top Bottom