Mod away with REDmod!

+
Hey all, I'm having issues with REDMod not launching. I installed it, found the EXE, and tried to launch it, but all I got was Command Prompt briefly opening then rapidly closing again.

I'm running Windows 11 and have all the latest versions of the game and such. Was I supposed to put the plugin files I downloaded from the website into some specific location? Could the problem be related to my game's install location being on an external drive? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I read through all the instructions I could find on the website and have followed them to the letter, so I'm not sure where I went wrong.

P.S. One thing I was briefly able to glimpse before the command prompt window closed itself was some mention of "No Root". I was unable to glean any more of the sentence before it closed.

Hey all, I'm having issues with REDMod not launching. I installed it, found the EXE, and tried to launch it, but all I got was Command Prompt briefly opening then rapidly closing again.

I'm running Windows 11 and have all the latest versions of the game and such. Was I supposed to put the plugin files I downloaded from the website into some specific location? Could the problem be related to my game's install location being on an external drive? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I read through all the instructions I could find on the website and have followed them to the letter, so I'm not sure where I went wrong.

P.S. One thing I was briefly able to glimpse before the command prompt window closed itself was some mention of "No Root". I was unable to glean any more of the sentence before it closed.
Possible the external drive cause an issue :(
It's just guesses because I'm far to be an expert, but you could try (if it's not already done) to run it as administrator or/and check if your AV (or Windows Defender) don't kill the process directly (add an exception to the .exe for example)

Been holding off playing the game until this, wanting to make just a few tweaks.
But it doesn't work.

I installed REDmod then WolvenKit.
WolvenKit launched once. Asked its config folder location question.
Then never launched again.
Have deleted, re-downloaded, re-unzipped.
Same.
Deleting the app roaming REDmodding > WolvenKit will trigger the config folder location question again, but then exits.
Then again can't be launched.
Launching as Admin and adding it as an AV exception doesn't help.

Last edited:
I'd love if the best rated and most downloaded mods are added to the game, like Edmund McMillen did with the Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ and it's Booster Packs, so players who are even on console can play them.

Same issue here. It's allowed through my AV, and trying to run it as an Administrator doesn't change anything.

I just get the "created in collaboration with" message before it crashes.

Thank you.
Will there be a modding sub-forum? (would be really nice, since discord is not as structured - here you would be able to properly search for information or talk about a single topic in a dedicated thread)

We just launched our new project called REDmod – a free set of tools for Cyberpunk 2077 which adds integrated support for installing and loading mods into the game. It also provides an official tool that will help you use, modify and create your own experiences in the world of Cyberpunk 2077, including custom sounds, animations, scripts, and more.
Really hope this can help the modder of the JB Third Person mod finally install anatomically correct frames wielding weapons.

Been holding off playing the game until this, wanting to make just a few tweaks.
But it doesn't work.

I installed REDmod then WolvenKit.
WolvenKit launched once. Asked its config folder location question.
Then never launched again.
Have deleted, re-downloaded, re-unzipped.
Same.
Deleting the app roaming REDmodding > WolvenKit will trigger the config folder location question again, but then exits.
Then again can't be launched.
Launching as Admin and adding it as an AV exception doesn't help.
For WK, I had this issues, downloading the 8.7 nightly 2022-08-21 solved the problem for me
As others, Redmod doesn't launch and doesn't appear in the WK plugin

Did you read the documentation? It's a command line tool, you are not supposed to just click on it:

For WK, I had this issues, downloading the 8.7 nightly 2022-08-21 solved the problem for me
As others, Redmod doesn't launch and doesn't appear in the WK plugin
Cheers.
I did eventually think to try the nightly version myself, that worked and came back to let others know.
Typically regard nightly builds as 'unstable' so didn't even think to try that initially.

I don't know, I remember playing Fallout and Skyrim on consoles with mods installed, maybe is CDProjekt the one who should need to speak with them.
Have you played any other game (outside Skyrim and Fallout 4) since consoles are available (let's say since early in 80's), where mods were available ?
I don't think so... Knowing that Bethesda literally built all of their games with the idea to being modded since 20 years.

Maybe there is a reason behind that... Maybe it not only depend of good will of studios...

Microsoft Flight Simulator has mods. Most payed but there are a few free ones in game. Will be more once they have figured out WASM support which is only a few months off. It's definitely possible, IF the devs want to.

Microsoft Flight Simulator has mods. Most payed but there are a few free ones in game. Will be more once they have figured out WASM support which is only a few months off. It's definitely possible, IF the devs want to.
Xbox (microsoft) > Microsoft Flight Simulator... seem to be related and the develloper of the game was "easy" to convince... isn't it.
And for me, if it's not free, it's not mods (like bethesda creation club).

Top Bottom