Mod away with REDmod!

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED

We just launched our new project called REDmod – a free set of tools for Cyberpunk 2077 which adds integrated support for installing and loading mods into the game. It also provides an official tool that will help you use, modify and create your own experiences in the world of Cyberpunk 2077, including custom sounds, animations, scripts, and more.

For more information (and download links), check out our dedicated REDmod website & FAQ: cyberpunk.net/modding-support

This I will have to see and try out. PC version of game will be splendid to do some fiddling with and I can even try-out stuff on my main saves (PS4)

This I will have to see and try out. PC version of game will be splendid to do some fiddling with and I can even try-out stuff on my main saves (PS4)

Mods will not translate onto consoles. REDmod is limited to PC and only active once REDmod is installed. As per the patch notes.

REDmod MODDING TOOLS

The following changes take effect only on the PC version of the game and once the REDmod is installed.

Awesome for all PC users :genial:
(@Rascott, you were right, the boat finally reach a safe port^^)
It's the great news, they just opened the playground for Modders, Night City will be filled with additional content for many years
Post automatically merged:

We just launched our new project called REDmod – a free set of tools for Cyberpunk 2077 which adds integrated support for installing and loading mods into the game. It also provides an official tool that will help you use, modify and create your own experiences in the world of Cyberpunk 2077, including custom sounds, animations, scripts, and more.

For more information (and download links), check out our dedicated REDmod website & FAQ: cyberpunk.net/modding-support

:giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup: 10/10 @Vattier my pulse would have shaken publishing the news, incredible. THANKS!!!

Last edited:
Great addition. Glad CDPR is doing this despite moving on to another engine.
Perhaps RED Engine will continue to work for a long time for Cyberpunk, sales of expansions and new content from modders will have the last word. I don't think there will be a jump to UE5 for Cyberpunk 2077 any time soon.

Perhaps RED Engine will continue to work for a long time for Cyberpunk, sales of expansions and new content from modders will have the last word. I don't think there will be a jump to UE5 for Cyberpunk 2077 any time soon.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Unreal Engine will "only" be used in the next games. So no matter what, Cyberpunk 2077 will always run with Red Engine and Redmod now :)

What @LeKill3rFou said.

CP2077 was never getting onto UE5. It would require rebuilding the entire game on a new engine.

The next game in the franchise will be UE5.

Maybe someone makes a Cyberpunk 2020 total conversion of the gamesystems with added characterbased interactivity and firstperson turn-/phasebased combat....

Yeah, no... but then again, maybe some day.

I have literally never installed a mod onto a game that I have genuinely enjoyed outside of one for Divinity: Original Sin 2 that tweaked the difficulty and AI.

But this is pretty great. I know a TON of people in the gaming community adore making mods and playing around with them. I might have to try some out once people have the time to put a bunch of them together. :)

Top Bottom