Mod Crafting Quality

+
Hey guys,

Question on mod quality in regards to crafting.

My understanding is, as you craft a mod it has a chance to proc to a higher quality. My question is, is there some way to push for a better quality?? My crafting is 13, tech is 18 and I crafted like, 400 crunch mods, best I could get is rare, not even epic. Am I doing something wrong?

The probability of higher qualities mostly depends on your character level. IIRC rare becomes available at level 20 and epic at 30. Or was it 30 and 40?

The probability of higher qualities mostly depends on your character level. IIRC rare becomes available at level 20 and epic at 30. Or was it 30 and 40?

Im going to assume its 30/40 and thats why im not getting higher than rare. Im only 26 atm.

I do wish there was a tooltip, or something to say this.

On the plus side, I have found a loop for infinite uncommon crafting mats. (Costs 1 to make a mod, and they break down into 3 to 5 each).

Last edited:
I'm thinking about getting a mod to make the crafting into a single button push but I don't want to
download cybertweaks just yet as that major patch is incoming.

No, char lvl only dictates the chance that mods will craft in higher qualities. To craft the higher qualities you just need the perk in which to do so.

Doing this spam with mod crafting is one way to obtain components. Spam dozens of mods, then recycle them. Not only are you crafting them as white with only 1-2 mats of the lowest qual and with a perk a chance of not using mats at all, then recycle them to get higher qual mats at a rate as if without the discount.

So your getting piles of free mats this way.

Top Bottom