[MOD] E3 2014 jogging animation

+
the animation in the video in this thread is the animation as it is aleady in the game, the animation in the 35 min gamepaly demko is way different than this animation in this thread, i notice the other animation pre release,
the animation in this vid is not the animation in the demo
anyway, a mod to add the animation from the demo is a great idea, looking forward to it

Last edited:
the animatio in the video in this thread is the animation as it is aleady in the game, the animation in the 35 min gamepaly demko is way different than this animation in this thread, i notice the other animation pre release,
the animation in this vid is not the animation in the demo
anyway, a mod to add the animation from the demo is a great idea, looking forward to it

The video in this thread shows Geralt's vanilla animation, yes. And it shows the guards jogging animation. Exactly as intended.

---------- Updated at 01:33 PM ----------

Great idea....if you play with a controller. Otherwise, not so much.

So, this is good? I mean that the above mod will remove jogging to make them key binds?

Actually I didn't try to key bind jogging, because i didn't like how it looks with that type slow walk. I deleted mod. But still using immersive cam. This is amazing mod. So you can try if you can key bind jogging again. :)

Awesome, thank you. I've been wanting to get rid of Geralt's constant jog. I like it better when he is over burdened, but you can't swim fast and camera is too close.

Can't wait to get my PC back in October, been playing my XB1 version and I know newer better mods are out now. Like the Enhanced Edition mod on the Nexus.

Thanks again

---------- Updated at 10:43 AM ----------

In case someone else wanted to read about immersive motion for gamepad link to the nexus page below.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1933/?

On a side note: I completely forgot about CDPR changing Geralt's walking speed after patch 1.07. Now it's bugging me that I don't have my PC back yet.

Here it is applied only to his regular forward walk:

Aside from sprinting, Geralt has 4 speeds:

Slow walk (enabled with Immersive Motion)
Fast walk
Slow run (unused jogging)
Fast run

Unless some of the animations are missing, I'd imagine putting it back in is very doable. In the vid you can see that he slows down a bit while turning. It might work a bit better once apply all of the slow-run animations, not sure. I'm pretty sure you can speed up the animations too. It took me a while to realize Geralt sort of uses the animations by default; try running in small, fast circles, and you'll see him use it as he slows down.

All of the walk/run/etc animations have files for moving with and without sword, so it's a little messy. I did forget to try out the jog animation used for when he's holding his sword though. Curious as to whether or not he moves differently since you can imagine that jogging like that would look a bit odd if he's holding a sword.

EDIT: Sword jog looks ok. His free hand looks a little closed as if he's holding an invisible sword but it doesn't look terrible. Also, I should've known that in replacing fast-walk animations, it's also using their speed so that's why it looks a bit slow in the vid.

Last edited:

Fast walk
Fast run

Unless some of the animations are missing, I'd imagine putting it back in is very doable. In the vid you can see that he slows down a bit while turning. It might work a bit better once apply all of the slow-run animations, not sure. I'm pretty sure you can speed up the animations too. It took me a while to realize Geralt sort of uses the animations by default; try running in small, fast circles, and you'll see him use it as he slows down.

All of the walk/run/etc animations have files for moving with and without sword, so it's a little messy. I did forget to try out the jog animation used for when he's holding his sword though. Curious as to whether or not he moves differently since you can imagine that jogging like that would look a bit odd if he's holding a sword.

EDIT: Sword jog looks ok. His free hand looks a little closed as if he's holding an invisible sword but it doesn't look terrible. Also, I should've known that in replacing fast-walk animations, it's also using their speed so that's why it looks a bit slow in the vid.

So will you futher improve it? What about IK legs? Does it work with this animation? And when he hold sword while jogging is it different than vanilla jogging with sword in hand when this animation applied? If yes may it be possible using vanilla jogging with sword and normal jogging from E3? Because E3 jogging with sword (or was it actually running with sword?) in E3 demo not looked very well.

Fast walk
Fast run

This looks simply wonderfull!!! Are you gonna release it? What about slowing it down a little bit like in E3? :) Great work!!!!

I only replaced one of the several walk files, so it's not really "complete". That was just a quick test though, I'm working on another mod atm. And adding it in as an extra walk speed (instead of just replacing current animations) is beyond me as I don't know anything about scripting. For anyone that wants to do it though:

gameplay\behaviors\pc\behaviorgraph\pc_gameplay.w2beh

The animations start with:

"locomotion_run_cycle_slow_forward"
"combat_locomotion_run_cycle_slow_forward"

The Immersive Motion mod adds in the "slow walk" so I'd imagine there's a way to add in this one too.

And adding it in as an extra walk speed (instead of just replacing current animations) is beyond me as I don't know anything about scripting

I'm sure there are people who will help you out, especially when it comes to this specific animation. Great job. :hatsoff:

@Ramon242 That's awesome man. Great work. I have been trying and failing, I'm glad you've broken through. I was using trying to use the totally wrong files *facepalm* This is awesome.

Fast walk
Fast run

I noticed that this animation is not same jogging animation from E3. This animation was in E3 during transition from jogging to normal walking. But during jogging in E3 his arms was a bit down. When transition animation began he raised his arms as this animation is. But anyway. This animation looks 1000 time better than vanilla. :) Is there any good news?

For example in this video at 4:12 you can see. After running he began jogging. And when transition animation began we can see the animation which you modded triggered. But actual jogging is a bit different than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3HuAroY1Oo

Last edited:
I noticed that this animation is not same jogging animation from E3. This animation was in E3 during transition from jogging to normal walking. But during jogging in E3 his arms was a bit down. When transition animation began he raised his arms as this animation is. But anyway. This animation looks 1000 time better than vanilla. :) Is there any good news?

For example in this video at 4:12 you can see. After running he began jogging. And when transition animation began we can see the animation which you modded triggered. But actual jogging is a bit different than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3HuAroY1Oo
Yeah thanks for pointing it out before me.

It looks really weird, he looks like a pansy with that jog, it really does seem to be the transition animation.

Is there really no one picking up where @Ramon242 left off? Jogging animation mod was so close to happening but then nothing actually happened.

I've been trying, but College has started so I don't have as much time. Plus, I'm not nearly as advanced at modding as Ramon so I'm just kinda spinning wheels. Him or someone else could definitely do a way better job than me.

---------- Updated at 02:25 AM ----------

I feel like people are starting to move on and it saddens me :/ Like KNGR's advanced render settings had me so hyped. Maybe he is waiting for the modkit update, but it's probably dead.

It's a very simple to do, I've just been working on other modding stuff though. The jogging animations start with:

"locomotion_run_cycle_slow"

and:

"combat_locomotion_run_cycle_slow"

Combat_locomotion entries are the ones where Geralt has his sword equipped.

Open pc_gameplay and sort by preview. Scroll to find all the locomotion entries. There's tons of them but they're organized pretty well. You'll wanna replace the animation names with whichever ones you wanna use:

https://i.imgur.com/b13BLN4.jpg

Just matchup the animations. ie: walk left/right, walk up/down, etc. You can see the "forward_triple" entries which you'll also wanna replace along with the other appropriate ones. I'm not sure what the "override" entries are for. You won't have to touch the "idle" ones.

I highlighted the cachedSpeed variable because if you wanna change the animation speed, you'll have to delete that. Afterwards, find any other animation entry with the "playbackspeed" variable and copy it to another. Just browse a little and you'll come across one. As shown in the vid, the default walk (which is the "Fast_Walk") seems to be slowed down which is the reason why the jogging animations seemed a bit slow. Once you replace an animation, the "preview" name will also update once you close/reopen the window so you'll end up with duplicates, making the preview sorting difficult to work with. Use default sorting and compare with a fresh pc_gameplay file afterwards, though things will be a lot less easier to find once you do this so try to keep the window open as long as you can.

And don't forget about the extended console commands mod. Use "Forceanim" to play any of the animations in the file which is super useful.

Last edited:
It's a very simple to do, I've just been working on other modding stuff though. The jogging animations start with:

"locomotion_run_cycle_slow"

and:

"combat_locomotion_run_cycle_slow"

Combat_locomotion entries are the ones where Geralt has his sword equipped.

Open pc_gameplay and sort by preview. Scroll to find all the locomotion entries. There's tons of them but they're organized pretty well. You'll wanna replace the animation names with whichever ones you wanna use:

https://i.imgur.com/b13BLN4.jpg

Just matchup the animations. ie: walk left/right, walk up/down, etc. You can see the "forward_triple" entries which you'll also wanna replace along with the other appropriate ones. I'm not sure what the "override" entries are for. You won't have to touch the "idle" ones.

I highlighted the cachedSpeed variable because if you wanna change the animation speed, you'll have to delete that. Afterwards, find any other animation entry with the "playbackspeed" variable and copy it to another. Just browse a little and you'll come across one. As shown in the vid, the default walk (which is the "Fast_Walk") seems to be slowed down which is the reason why the jogging animations seemed a bit slow. Once you replace an animation, the "preview" name will also update once you close/reopen the window so you'll end up with duplicates, making the preview sorting difficult to work with. Use default sorting and compare with a fresh pc_gameplay file afterwards, though things will be a lot less easier to find once you do this so try to keep the window open as long as you can.

And don't forget about the extended console commands mod. Use "Forceanim" to play any of the animations in the file which is super useful.

You heard the man! Someone do it :D

Top Bottom