Mod editor

+
I can feel greatness is coming...
I've yet to see anyone use it for anything useful :rolleyes:

But I guess I don't really care for .env edits which is the only thing people seem to be using it for... I really need to focus on making a flow tree editor for the .w2phase, w2quest, .w2scene files. Have actual cool stuff come out of it maybe...

Personally I've already made some mods (via code not via the GUI, yet...) that played Triss' fountain kiss scene and that added follower options to Triss' default dialog, no more console commands or menu edits to do things that should be done in the game (stop breaking my immersion! :p), like so http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...nshot-Thread?p=1922145&viewfull=1#post1922145 .

Eventually I want a scene mods like that to be super trivial to do via the GUI with just a simple copy paste and connect a node.

Only thing that bothers me is that I have no clue what cdprojekt red is planning with their mod kit... might be all for nothing...

I've yet to see anyone use it for anything useful :rolleyes:

But I guess I don't really care for .env edits which is the only thing people seem to be using it for... I really need to focus on making a flow tree editor for the .w2phase, w2quest, .w2scene files. Have actual cool stuff come out of it maybe...

Personally I've already made some mods (via code not via the GUI, yet...) that played Triss' fountain kiss scene and that added follower options to Triss' default dialog, no more console commands or menu edits to do things that should be done in the game (stop breaking my immersion! :p), like so http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...nshot-Thread?p=1922145&viewfull=1#post1922145 .

Eventually I want a scene mods like that to be super trivial to do via the GUI with just a simple copy paste and connect a node.

Only thing that bothers me is that I have no clue what cdprojekt red is planning with their mod kit... might be all for nothing...

I just used it to update More Blood Mod with "improved" Particleeffects :D

also found out how the game accesses the whole GUI system. already added a new menu that I can call using RequestMenu('KNGsCheatMenu');

Technically would be able to edit the GUI .gfx files, but I don't know for each they also have a .redswf file but we got nothing to compile it with I think, haven't tested that yet though!

tool still needs a lot of work though. especially for env editing, we can't add the 0,1,2 "nothing" points on the scalar, you didn't add that to the variable menu! meaning, nothing can't be added to the env, appart from yeah variables, but we can't manipulate the variables values without that. So that leaves you with only editing existing ones, which is unfortunate.

I wanted to edit island_of_mist.env for @Mezziaz so the light sources wont be overly bright at night, but I can't because of that.

And in general some files it still can't completely read some values from. I guess cause it doesn't know all the variables, but you know that I'm sure.

thanks btw! :rage:

Last edited:
http://prntscr.com/8o5v9k

see these ? they don't have a type, I can't add new ones.

They should be automatically created with the type of the array... I kinda removed the option to add different types there, which now I think about it might not have been the best idea since the type can be a base class or interface, but since most of them are based on vectors it doesn't matter much. BUT anyway you should be able to, have you updated it any time recently? I've uploaded several new versions since the first (haven't mentioned doing so tho :p)

They should be automatically created with the type of the array... I kinda removed the option to add different types there, which now I think about it might not have been the best idea since the type can be a base class or interface, but since most of them are based on vectors it doesn't matter much. BUT anyway you should be able to, have you updated it any time recently? I've uploaded several new versions since the first (haven't mentioned doing so tho :p)

I'm still ony 0.02.... Downloading now.

Add Chunk... so good! :D

Last edited:
new version or what?

well the current version is 0.0.5, so if you aren't using that then, I guess yes.

---------- Updated at 10:33 PM ----------

And why is this the first time I hear about that companion mod!? :O

You never asked. And I never uploaded it anywhere except the Triss fan screenshot (previously fan art) forum. Like most of my creations they don't end up anywhere but there :p. Except for the 1.8.4 debug dll, everyone seems to be running mine never gave anyone permission to upload that to the nexus :popo:, but I guess I don't mind :p

You never asked. And I never uploaded it anywhere except the Triss fan screenshot (previously fan art) forum. Like most of my creations they don't end up anywhere but there :p.

I'm definitely going to follow that thread more closely from now on.

Though I feel the nexus could definitely use more of your work. The Triss LOD mod for example, impossible to play the game without it. :)

I have considered uploading my companion mod to the nexus but it will need to be updated to 1.9\1.10 and they are imminent... (or that's what we think, they sure are silent about it with less then a week left until the expansion and 1.9 was supposed to come out before it...)

I have considered uploading my companion mod to the nexus but it will need to be updated to 1.9\1.10 and they are imminent... (or that's what we think, they sure are silent about it with less then a week left until the expansion and 1.9 was supposed to come out before it...)

Could you please update the types and add the CParticleSystem, CParticleEmitter classes etc.?

Could you please update the types and add the CParticleSystem, CParticleEmitter classes etc.?

I believe those are just generic chunks, you can just add them without selecting them from the list, afaik will work fine, unless they have "unknown bytes" then they need to be reverse engineered first.

@Sarcen

LocalizedString

How does it work? If I add a variable as type LocalizedString and enter some ID like: 1086187

Which is: Welcome to the Tutorial!

And I change it to: 1086227

Which is: This item cannot be sold.

How does it get this info? I mean the text form is automatically updated with this string? Just by entering the ID. Where does it get it the string from? How can we add our own IDs?

I'm definitely going to follow that thread more closely from now on.

Though I feel the nexus could definitely use more of your work. The Triss LOD mod for example, impossible to play the game without it. :)

can you link to that thread? I don't know where it is.

---------- Updated at 01:54 AM ----------

@Sarcen

LocalizedString

How does it work? If I add a variable as type LocalizedString and enter some ID like: 1086187

Which is: Welcome to the Tutorial!

And I change it to: 1086227

Which is: This item cannot be sold.

How does it get this info? I mean the text form is automatically updated with this string? Just by entering the ID. Where does it get it the string from? How can we add our own IDs?

isn't it just in the localization files? I mean, IIRC that's what they're for.

Top Bottom