Mod editor

+
Mod editor

Worked on a bit of the UI for my mod editor today, it's a little bit functional, still a long ways to go. But it should allow editing of several... things... it can also easily extract files from the bundles without having to use quickbms.

Anyway, not in the mood for writing a whole document atm so here's the link;
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3axqSlhNHOOYmpkWk83TXRkZmM/view?usp=sharing
(i consider this a very early version that i will not upload to the nexus because it's just not finished enough yet...)

If you have any questions leave em here and ill answer them tomorrow when I wake up =p.

OMG, it's finally out!

Dude, awesome. Testing it now! Thank you so much.

Edit: How do I remove a file that I added from the mod explorer?

Attachments

• sbi4CAJ.jpg
    sbi4CAJ.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:

Attachments

• x39oRYe.jpg
    x39oRYe.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 612
  • MxUCNwJ.jpg
    MxUCNwJ.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 918
  • xfuSS7u.jpg
    xfuSS7u.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 815
  • GvJYVFh.jpg
    GvJYVFh.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 1,997
  • arwFeEF.jpg
    arwFeEF.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 754
Last edited:
Edit: How do I remove a file that I added from the mod explorer?
Yeahh.. I didn't really add that feature, ill add it next. You could still do it manually by deleting the file and by deleting it from the mod project file (its an xml)

Also, it's actually working? Since I did some major changes just before I went to sleep, surprised it actually works at all :D
:sleepy:

---------- Updated at 08:00 AM ----------

@KNGRSM did a minor update, you can delete files from the mod now (right click gives a delete option now)
It also uses shell execute to open .csv, .xml, .txt (meaning it opens with whatever editor you have set default in windows).
Also a minor bug fix that made it unable to open several files.

Yeahh.. I didn't really add that feature, ill add it next. You could still do it manually by deleting the file and by deleting it from the mod project file (its an xml)

Also, it's actually working? Since I did some major changes just before I went to sleep, surprised it actually works at all :D
:sleepy:

---------- Updated at 08:00 AM ----------

@KNGRSM did a minor update, you can delete files from the mod now (right click gives a delete option now)
It also uses shell execute to open .csv, .xml, .txt (meaning it opens with whatever editor you have set default in windows).
Also a minor bug fix that made it unable to open several files.

It works great, didn't have had a single crash.

Thanks for updating the delete options. Do you think you could add a copy / paste function to the Properties tab? :envy:

Do you think you could add a copy / paste function to the Properties tab?

Hmm, as long as it's between two open files or within the same file that should be doable, copy paste external would require serialization of some sorts...

Hmm, as long as it's between two open files or within the same file that should be doable, copy paste external would require serialization of some sorts...

yes, so I could copy a variable from one file and paste it into another file. Maybe also want to add some feature that you can have two properties tabs open at the same time.

Right now if you edit 2 files and you open properties of one of the files, and then open the other files properties it always refreshes the properties tab with the other file's properties tab.

Last edited:

how difficult would it be to add an "edit variable" to a right click on a variable in the properties tab? So I don't need to remove and add variables to edit things.

how difficult would it be to add an "edit variable" to a right click on a variable in the properties tab? So I don't need to remove and add variables to edit things.

What? you can just click on the value to edit?

*edit* just realized you meant the type\variable name I guess? name would be easily doable, but changing types.. don't think ill do that..

Haha. And there are people who said that the modding for W3 is already dead. I think there is still a lot to come, despite all the unfortunate circumstances.

remind me of the all manga (Saint Seya, hokuto no ken) fortunatly here they can only loose that much blood once :)

Top Bottom